List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

If he was that bad he wouldn't be having the season he's had and would be hated by the players. He seems to be well and truly loved at hawthorn.
He's only been there for a short time. I didn't suggest he was hated..but if we expect certain standards & behaviour & he continuously ran his own show & didn't perform, the club likely lost patience.

Hawks are winning, so everything's rainbows & butterflies.

My great uncle used to have 6 beers before the game, and then used to get the trainers to bring some to him at HT. Used to put his footy gear under his casual clothes, as he would be coming straight from the pub to the game.
We had our fair share of drinkers and smokers back in the 80's. Speed was also quite popular. It wasn't unusual for players like Freddy cook to have a shocking first half but come back after half time and kick 8

I believe Hine is as good as anyone in the league at talent ID. We just have not had a strong hand at the draft over the past decade. Contrast that with the Swans. It's been like shooting fish in a barrel for their recruiters in recent years.

Out list management has let us down more at times IMO
Easy when you have academies making recruitment a breeze.

We had our fair share of drinkers and smokers back in the 80's. Speed was also quite popular. It wasn't unusual for players like Freddy cook to have a shocking first half but come back after half time and kick 8
Here is a little backstory haha

He's only been there for a short time. I didn't suggest he was hated..but if we expect certain standards & behaviour & he continuously ran his own show & didn't perform, the club likely lost patience.

Hawks are winning, so everything's rainbows & butterflies.
True, but Ginni hasn't done anything to dampen their side and they will only get better. none of us really know anything about what ginni does in his spare time so it's probably not right to judge. If he was ****ing up at Hawthorn, they would discipline him just like evry other club

Imo it was Buckley clearing space out the back aka a pagons paddock and teams were not putting Stephenson under physical pressure. He used his pace often to get back on to it.

Definitely a factor, but then the next year he was braining the comp as a leading forward. He was leading the league for marks inside 50 when the gambling suspension fell. My guess is that he had people in his ear telling him that the playing group should have hidden it and it should have never come out and that he listened to them and lost it.

Once again I think this was one of his dumb rigid best available on his list rules. Morris was clearly on our radar and would likely have been rated near our first pick.
It’s too early to write off Harry, because at a minimum he has the right work ethic, but I agree it’s a bitter pill to swallow watching a player like Morris playing finals for a strong team like Brisbane in his first year when he was exactly the kind of marking forward we could have used this year in the constant absence of both Mihocek and McStay.
100% with you
And I think Harry has the tools - may even be a great player for us…but that still doesn’t make it the right pick…if you know what I mean

True, but Ginni hasn't done anything to dampen their side and they will only get better. none of us really know anything about what ginni does in his spare time so it's probably not right to judge. If he was ****ing up at Hawthorn, they would discipline him just like evry other club
Like I said it's early days yet. And they're winning.

Fly supported him publicly plenty of times. If the media & oppo supporters didn't pile on him when he was with us, it may have been easier to navigate. Currently with Hawks, everything he does is applauded. The hypocrisy is gobsmacking.

I really couldn't care less what he does anymore tbh.

We won a premiership without him contributing.

You have thousands of mates ie supporters from 16 other clubs that passed on him.
That’s not really the point, NS, and I don’t care who other clubs pass on

It was also more just a comment who I really wanted us to pick (and watching hurts)

Edit: I also just didn’t understand the pick in terms of team balance, player types we needed coming through, and Morris’ performance in the final game

Let’s see how this develops over time. Ginnivan will be prone to controversy his entire career.
Agree - and the number of people falling for the PR narrative that Hawks were fine with him going to pub is bewildering.
No Coach worth his salt is risking a player going to a pub the night before a cut throat final.
I have no doubt Ginnivan was given stern words.

Agree - and the number a people falling for the PR narrative that Hawks were fine with him going to pub is bewildering.
No Coach worth his salt is risking a player going to a pub the night before a cut throat final.
Kelly publicly said we had no problem with him going to the races before the GF.

Clearly that was not the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s not really the point, NS, and I don’t care who other clubs pass on

It was also more just a comment who I really wanted us to pick (and watching hurts)
I just thought morris would be the perfect checkers replacement. It was another case of hine picking the player higher up on his list. morris is already exceeding expectations and we missed out

Agree - and the number a people falling for the PR narrative that Hawks were fine with him going to pub is bewildering.
There would be players staying at home and getting on the piss the day before a final. they don't have to get blind drunk but they drink. I just don't see the big deal if he goes to the pub to unwind before a big final.

They had no issue with him being at the pub. We don't know if he was blind drunk or just had a couple of social drinks with his mates. ginni is a rebel, he's not a mass murderer or a pure arseh*le. he must be traini9ng the house the down to be playing as good as he has this year
Unfortunate he was very poor in the GF.
If he played a good game, things may have been different.

He may have gone to the club, but wasn’t he home by 9am?

Also the final he played in was at 7.40pm. Over 4 hours later than a GF.

There would be players staying at home and getting on the piss the day before a final. they don't have to get blind drunk but they drink. I just don't see the big deal if he goes to the pub to unwind before a big final.
Firstly, apart from the bad look, there are fools and idiots, more than happy to pot AFL players, and start trouble.
Ginnivan is Polarising figure and therefore a potential lightning rod for trouble and controversy, especially in this age of Social Media.
No sensible Coach would be condoning such outings before a cut throat final.

If fact, if a Journo had put the heat on Mitchell on exactly this issue, his response would have been interesting to hear.

Last edited:
Have heard Caleb Daniels is a done deal as a Noble replacement
Not sure how to feel
You should feel good. Daniels has plenty of good footy left in him. If I were the dogs, I would give us one of their talls. Those talls are just getting in each other's way

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back