List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now he’s seeking a trade, at this late hour after categorically saying he’s staying put over the last week. WTF is going on here?
Seems as though he’s taken on PS’ advice!
IMG_9352.jpeg

He is a fringe player who isn't best 22, if we can turn a rookie selected player into a future second then we have done well.
Except it won't. It will be some nothing pick that won't be used.

It wouldn't be traumatizing if we actually maximised value from our trades. But we'll be bent over again.

Surely we should’ve got something back for having 34 in the trade. Like a 3rd rd pick this year or next that we could use for another trade or pick swaps.

A 1st and a 2nd is what you give up for an All Aus type player.
The first round pick may be late teens or early twenties. The pick 34 will probably blow out to late 30’s. If we keep up the top next year it will be a bargain. If we drop away then it gets costly. No problem with our Wright backing us in to be right there again next season & Schultz will help a lot to achieve that.

Why is every Collingwood trade period so traumatizing.

I just want to enjoy the premiership season replay in peace.
Adams, yes. Ginnivan, no. This would be one of the least traumatic losses I’ve ever experienced as a Collingwood supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t understand this.We’ve just won a premiership,we have what is accepted as the best football culture in the competition,the players absolutely love their coach and yet players are bailing from the club.It’s very strange.
Both are leaving for more game time in their preferred position. I think its purely a career decision.

I don’t understand this.We’ve just won a premiership,we have what is accepted as the best football culture in the competition,the players absolutely love their coach’ and yet players are bailing from the club.It’s very strange.
Ginnivan won’t get a game next year with Schultz now. We have small forwards in spades. The Schultz deal really made him redundant now. I think he was kidding himself to think he can become a midfielder too.

Adams was different. He was definitely best 22 with us. Just wants a different role and more years than we would offer him.

So now he’s seeking a trade, at this late hour after categorically saying he’s staying put over the last week. WTF is going on here?
Well, if is an 11th hour thing then I think Ginni and his management may be a little shrewder than I thought. Good luck to him but I really hope he McStays??;):D
The little man withstood a shitstorm of criticism and shithousery and proved himself worthy of the Collingwood jersey.

Adams, yes. Ginnivan, no. This would be one of the least traumatic losses I’ve ever experienced as a Collingwood supporter.

I am literally, sincerely, only disappointed for [mention]Jen2310 [/mention] . That would be my only reservation.

Wright seems to be working on the premise you to fail to win 100% of the deals you don't make.

We made the Henry deal with Geelong for unders, they are now enjoying ulcers over Ratagulea. If the falls through they have the prospect of a years worth of footy from a guy who doesn't want to be there. Hardball gets you bruises.

Meanwhile any player we talk to knows we will go the extra mile to get them in. Wright clearly puts the players (our list and any prospective player) first ahead of "winning trade week" (current title holder A Dodoro, A MacKie second).

Of course it will lead to "thx for Henry lol" and some traded picks turning to gold, but we have good talent identification so they haven't been wasted. We've taken good punts and while we had good luck this year we had a good enough list to turn luck into a flag.

Great team we have now back of house. The manager manages, the coach coaches, the president presides. I recall last year McRae answered honestly he wanted to keep both De Goey and Grundy, but it wasn't his call. Fly did his job, Wright did his job. We gave ourselves the best possible chance by everyone doing their job.

I hope we can preserve this unity and professionalism.
Great Post. I wasn't all that keen to trade away another F!, but it is what it is. I'm fairly confident we wont regret it. For any player thinking of nominating a club, they can be at least confident if GW says he wants you, he will get you. Managers will know this too. You have to imagine this will work in our favour down the track.

All of them combine. We'll probably end up having traded out Adams, Ginnivan and a first rounder for Schultz and a nothing pick.

Not sure how that improves our list overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back