Prediction Changes v Gold Coast ( Round 15 )

Remove this Banner Ad

What if they moved Aish back to wing to replace MJ, with stints in mid, as I don't think they will drop him

Last edited:

What if they moved Aish back to wing to replace MJ, with stints in mid, as I don't think they will drop him
Nah, we've gone past Aish as a winger, I can't deal with him fumbling it up and down the wing for another year.

Needs to find his early season form in defense, few weeks at Peel should do the trick

Emmett hasn’t set the world on fire this year but he was great back end of last year, he’s only played 13 games he’s not going to come in and dominate, he’s just as good of option as Simpson ATM
Think Delean is still a fair way off AFL yet.

Emmett can’t bounce a ball or bend down to get it when it doesn’t bounce properly..

Delean or Simpson please.
Delean is miles off it. Simpson not really setting the world on fire with Peel. Simpson possibly as a sub but personally hasn’t done enough at Peel. Since being dropped averaging around 8 possessions and less than a goal a game. Does have some good tackle number over the past couple of games. I’d want him really putting his name forward with higher possessions and goals.

Delean absolutely zero chance.

Emmett would be ahead of both and not far off but again watching him at Peel the last two games still working on the areas that saw him get dropped. A small step in the right direction against Perth.

If it was me I’d bring in the three best players available and make it work.

Walters > Wagner
(Still have Banfield, Sturt, Freddy, Switta)
Worner > Chapman
Johnson (Sub) > Brodie (Sub)

If not Wagner then Emmett

Good small forwards is really a main weakness for us at the moment that we need to address via trade and or draft at the end of the season. I guess that is me being captain obvious.

Emmett hasn’t set the world on fire this year but he was great back end of last year, he’s only played 13 games he’s not going to come in and dominate, he’s just as good of option as Simpson ATM
Think Delean is still a fair way off AFL yet.

Agree on Delean, having spent a bit of time watching him play at Peel this year. He's not ready yet, but think after spending more time in the WAFL developing his game he may get a look in next year sometime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aish's dropoff has been massive

I had him out of the team to start the year but he started the season so well, has been patchy at best since the derby, I'd bring in Wagner for him.

JL apparently said there needs to be changes after that performance, aish feels like he could be one that's in the gun, not sure I see any midfield changes (already said Fyfe isn't going anywhere, is an easy target)

Being based in Melbourne I don't get to see a lot of games live, but went on the weekend and Aish looked both lost and disinterested. He wasn't running to offer an option out of defense and didn't seem to be locked onto anyone, could have just been an off game but 100% worthy of being omitted.

I don’t watch wafl footy, so have no idea of form.

On what we’ve seen in the afl Emmett is a depth player who gives it everything he’s got. At his best he creates opportunities with pressure and desperation. Unfortunately, he lacks the polished finishing skills of an ideal afl forward.

Simpson has the polish and looks like a future best 22 player, but he isn’t strong enough to stick a tackle. Does he do enough yet to make up for the reduced pressure he will put on?

Maybe wafl watchers will have a better sense of that, but from exposed afl form Emmett offers more.

Aish has played most of his career at Fremantle now, 94 games. Can drop him after six more.

This may seem trivial but given his bloodlines he is one that you absolutely make a priority of getting to 100.

His Dad was a terrific footballer and his uncle an absolute all time great of SA football.

Being based in Melbourne I don't get to see a lot of games live, but went on the weekend and Aish looked both lost and disinterested. He wasn't running to offer an option out of defense and didn't seem to be locked onto anyone, could have just been an off game but 100% worthy of being omitted.
Yeah I think it's clearly a droppable performance and while he had runs in the bank to start the year his form has clearly tapered right off

He definitely shouldn't be an undroppable player, we haven't used his flexibility at all this season so I see no reason to keep him in for that either.

It doesn't mark his cards, he can perform in the wafl and come back into the side, still contracted through 2025 too.

But it's one too many poor performances when we have Wagner banging down the door imo

They should mold Aish as a tagger now. We need one and I think he's the best fit and then maybe Emmett or Banfield.

They should mold Aish as a tagger now. We need one and I think he's the best fit and then maybe Emmett or Banfield.
Aish has a pretty good role off half back he's been building back up this year. I'd imagine there would be a lot of reluctance to abandon that now to all of a sudden put midfield resources into a full time tagger role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes v Gold Coast ( Round 15 )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back