Up the Coasters Brilliant. Just ******* Brilliant (Positives and Negatives vs Narrm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats what i am thinking, especially with allen to come back in who goes out. Its probably maric and j williams, though they could move maric to wing or half fwd for ledwards
Both are playing well . Maric is a beautiful user of the ball and is kicking goals . J Williams is more than competing in the ruck . He has been huge against even the big boys both witts and gawn .
He is exactly the type of player to pump games into .
The next q-stick once he fills out and he is a genuine 198cm power forward

Having watched nearly every one of our games in 2022 and 2023, I can't tell you how enjoyable watching this evening's game was.

Positives:
  • An immense win against quality opposition, with great pressure, contest and a genuine four quarter performance. Any advantage we had from Lever missing most of the game was well and truly cancelled out by the umpiring decisions favouring them.
  • Harley Reid!! The fend-offs, the solo goal from the centre, the great kicking, the elite game awareness, the strength, the elusiveness. Seriously! How good is it to have the best young player in the competition in our team? And if he keeps performing like he did today, well, I'm not a gambler, but he is paying $101 for the Brownlow. Just saying.
  • Waterman. He has worked so hard for so long and now he is getting his rewards. Marking nearly everything that comes his way.
  • Jack Darling's best game in a long time.
  • Ginbey started the game magnificently, even if he faded later.
  • Liam Ryan a far better effort than last week, moments of brilliance and got one hand to what would have been close to the Mark of All Time.
  • Barrass, Cripps, Kelly and Hough very good.
  • Whipping boys come good: After some poor games, Sheed actually played really well. Cole and Duggan were great too, Witho serviceable.
  • McGovern superb - a week after having to go to hospital and we were concerned whether he would miss a month or two.
  • Effective kick-ins and fast ball movement. Such a change from the previous two years.
  • Pretty much every other player had their excellent moments too. A real whole-team effort.
  • All of the above straight after Hawthorn coughed up a 41 point lead to choke at the death. Gotta watch the replay of that game too. What a glorious weekend.
Negatives:
  • Would have loved to have seen Tyrell Dewar subbed on earlier.
  • Don't like to single out any players after such a good win, but Rotham had some poor moments defensively.
  • Umpiring. It kept Melbourne in the game. Every time we touched a Melbourne player in their forward 50 it was a free kick, but how many equivalent or worse infringements against us in our forward 50 were missed? And Melbourne were throwing the ball like a quarterbacks' training session but not a peep from the umpires. It's like the law on handballing rather than throwing has been torn out of the rule book. Stupid AFL.
  • No cross to Garry Lyon after the game like the 2018 PF.

Last edited:
Enjoying footy again is so much fun. Harley Reid is making me go to other teams boards, opening their “Opposition discussion” thread, just so I can read more about how good Harley Reid is.

It’s Fckn tragic but I don’t care

Have you been to the Fremantle board 🙈

They’re convinced he is going to bail after this contract x

I so wanted Reid to slot that goal and he did as a superstar should, he has what it takes and continues to join the elite dots. Waterman is unstoppable atm , nice to see Withers backing himself in for once but has serious ground making up to do, welcome back Ryan , Edwards is a very good wafl footballer, please don’t bring back gaff he’ll ruin everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Melbourne supporters having to listen to schoey and pav commentating with distain.

Its almost like when we have to listen to brayshaw Lyon Eddie derm BT every vic away game .

Even pav for all his hate of west coast is fiercely parochial against the big vic machine that is the afl

Simmo when asked about our ball movement, said "our kick ins were going alright"
what changed? we didn't ****ing kick out to the right. this one doesn't feel like a personnel, although gov hasn't played as much as wed like, but surely we have had the ability for a forward to come up into space for a kick in at some point in the last 2 years.
this cant be the first and only time a team has given us that option.
Weird one to be mad about tonight, but why haven't we tried that at any point ever :(

One of the best wins we've had in a very very long time and **** it was an awesome feeling. Beating a contender at home with a young team without one of our best miss was utterly brilliant

Positives

Snake with five. And to think his career was at the cross roads last season and then he could've been gone as well

Reid. ****en reid. Holy **** what a player we have he's gonna be something else. I'm calling it now better than Judd.

Ginbey. The boy. Coming along nicely

Darling turning back the clock and good on him for it. I thought he was done.

Ryan also coming back nicely

Cole with his one percenters

Both Williams were great. Hough as well

Negatives

Rotham. Def not in the best 22. Four free kicks against and a mis mark. We would've won by ten goals if he didn't stuff those up

The umpires. Third qtr count 9 to 2 demonstrated their motives

Last edited:
Positives:

Pretty much everything.

Negatives:

Some people really should think before they post:

View attachment 1994534
Do they realise that Victoria would be completely ****ed if that happened? State offers nothing other than some wine and a few international sporting events.

Remove this Banner Ad

Up the Coasters Brilliant. Just ******* Brilliant (Positives and Negatives vs Narrm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back