Autopsy Autopsy vs Collingwood aka the Great Pain Robbery

Remove this Banner Ad

Believe it or not, that's the correct decision

17. 17.1 PROCEDURE AFTER A BEHIND HAS BEEN SCORED BRINGING THE FOOTBALL BACK INTO PLAY
Unless Law 16.4 applies, after a goal Umpire has signalled a Behind:
(a) any player of the Defending Team may elect to Kick the football from within the Goal Square or play on by exiting the Goal Square within a reasonable time;
(b) if the Player has not elected to Kick the football or exit the Goal Square within a reasonable time, a field Umpire will call ‘Play On’;
(c) a Player may not handball the football from within the Goal Square unless the field Umpire has called ‘Play On’ pursuant to Law 17.1(b);
(d) The Mark shall be set at 15 metres from the centre of the Kick-Off Line towards the centre of the Playing Surface, as shown in Diagram 3.
17.2 FOOTBALL BROUGHT INTO PLAY INCORRECTLY
Where the field Umpire is of the opinion that a Player has not brought the football back into play in accordance with Law 17.1, the field Umpire shall reset the play.
Reset with a ball up? When did this rule change? At the same time you didn’t have to kick it to yourself out of the square?

Great video….gotta say that’s some of the most breath taking footy from our boys lve seen in many years…and all youngsters…Just imagine when we add a few more quality draft picks to this group.
You can see the plan…the belief ..
I know they say it’s hard to attract talent to the club..but gee wiz we play like that, with our age profile, there’s going to be a few that would consider the jump regardless of what the clowns on media street say…
We’re going to be very good when these guys hit their peak…
That was exhilarating and that’s what people will come to watch…

Sorry for the intrusion, just a thought, I've watched the non-50 about 20 times now and every time I see Luke McDonald fumble a basic ground ball leading to the Daicos kick. You lot have so much talent on your list now and kids like Wardlaw and Sheezel trying to will you over the line and change the culture but it's guys like McDonald who crack under pressure which is why that wheel is still hard to turn, especially as he's a captain. You do need senior players, but not guys who can't practise what they preach onfield and have 5 second half touches when they need to stand up and stem the flow, and fumble when the game is on the line. I think with the right changes over the off-season you guys could rise very quickly next year.

I heard you guys were chasing a L.McDonald- this one won’t cost you a first rounder

Believe it or not, that's the correct decision

17. 17.1 PROCEDURE AFTER A BEHIND HAS BEEN SCORED BRINGING THE FOOTBALL BACK INTO PLAY
Unless Law 16.4 applies, after a goal Umpire has signalled a Behind:
(a) any player of the Defending Team may elect to Kick the football from within the Goal Square or play on by exiting the Goal Square within a reasonable time;
(b) if the Player has not elected to Kick the football or exit the Goal Square within a reasonable time, a field Umpire will call ‘Play On’;
(c) a Player may not handball the football from within the Goal Square unless the field Umpire has called ‘Play On’ pursuant to Law 17.1(b);
(d) The Mark shall be set at 15 metres from the centre of the Kick-Off Line towards the centre of the Playing Surface, as shown in Diagram 3.
17.2 FOOTBALL BROUGHT INTO PLAY INCORRECTLY
Where the field Umpire is of the opinion that a Player has not brought the football back into play in accordance with Law 17.1, the field Umpire shall reset the play.
Wow, OK then. Cheers BigE

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reset with a ball up? When did this rule change? At the same time you didn’t have to kick it to yourself out of the square?
I think so. I guess the rulemakers thought that even an AFL player is not so fuc#!ng stupid that they'd handball after a behind was scored.

Enter Darcy Moore.

Interesting point raised……considering Powelly was pinged quickly for less…ah yeah it’s was golden nuts …..

If you showed all the decisions that went against in those final minutes , you’d 💯 think it was fixed.

Last edited:
Is anyone else slightly dubious of this fascination with champion data and the pervasive effect it is having on the way football is watch, understood and enjoyed?

Obviously any stats/data available gives us an idea of where our teams and the game in general is succeeding failing, but it’s just feeling a little off. I don’t know.

I appreciate the above post btw, great to see we have been doing well with the pressure.
Every time I think Champion Data I think Glenn Luff. Enough said!

I dont watch losing replays.

Haven't watched a winning replay more than once in the past 4 years.

Watched the v Collingwood game three times already and it’s Tuesday. Im in Vietnam for work and changed my flights so I can make it to the G this Saturday.

I dunno. Feels different. Somethings changed.

Yeah something changed over the bye. I heard that Clarko and the boys having a heart to heart. Clarko opening up to the boys. "CONNECTING"
b8e3df9f0c46b5adb3f09a72ea11d634.gif

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Herald Sun is running an article today about the games cost by umpiring errors so far this season, in the wake of what they say is “the umpiring howler that cost North Melbourne an upset win over Collingwood”. Whatever the AFL says, whatever some Collingwood fans say, everyone who saw that game knows North was robbed.

We don’t need the points. We do need external respect and self-respect, and clearly we got that on Sunday regardless of the end result.

Btw on the home front the conversation with my wife included her saying that “the team that should have won didn’t win”, then last night my Pie-supporting teenage son insisted on showing me the AFL360 clip and telling me loudly that North Melbourne was robbed and it’s bullshit. Warms my heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herald Sun is running an article today about the games cost by umpiring errors so far this season, in the wake of what they say is “the umpiring howler that cost North Melbourne an upset win over Collingwood”. Whatever the AFL says, whatever some Collingwood fans say, everyone who saw that game knows North was robbed.

We don’t need the points. We do need external respect and self-respect, and clearly we got that on Sunday regardless of the end result.

Btw on the home front the conversation with my wife included her saying that “the team that should have won didn’t win”, then last night my Pie-supporting teenage son insisted on showing me the AFL360 clip and telling me loudly that North Melbourne was robbed and it’s bullshit. Warms my heart.
I suspect that spin was intended to put a spotlight on the missed 50 as everybody already knew the missed 50 was a howler and it couldn't be explained away with any words.

It's purpose was to focus attention to this one incident and as a result every other "unusual" decision from the match is being ignored by the mainstream media. Sure, they are reporting that North were robbed but they aren't listing the multiple "unusual" events that peppered this game from Q1 - events that even for the AFL were truly bizarre.

That's probably the mark of near perfect social engineering.

I suspect that spin was intended to put a spotlight on the missed 50 as everybody already knew the missed 50 was a howler and it couldn't be explained away with any words.

It's purpose was to focus attention to this one incident and as a result every other "unusual" decision from the match is being ignored by the mainstream media. Sure, they are reporting that North were robbed but they aren't listing the multiple "unusual" events that peppered this game from Q1 - events that even for the AFL were truly bizarre.

That's probably the mark of near perfect social engineering.
Honestly, the Sheezel free and umpire waving his arms and yelling play on advantage as Collingwood ran the ball away was the single worst bit of umpiring I’ve ever seen.

Honestly, the Sheezel free and umpire waving his arms and yelling play on advantage as Collingwood ran the ball away was the single worst bit of umpiring I’ve ever seen.
Leigh Fisher.

If there were awards for the worst umpire in the league he would be unbackable to win it this year.

Circus.

The commentators then state there must be a mic or sync issue with the umps and this was prior to the fourth qtr debacle.

Ohhhh......l've got one. Mrs H's first ever game was the roof, Preuss free, Cats debacle.
Geelong player grabs the ball near the boundary and then promptly runs head first into his team-mates stomach. The umpire blows his whistle furiously, " HIGH " ! Free kick Geelong.
She looked at me and said " is that the correct decision " ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Collingwood aka the Great Pain Robbery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back