Australian white-ball tour of Scotland and England, September 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Going down leg on that review was my second line of thinking , definitely not my first.
Again, you don’t seriously think the “umpires call” is in reference to the umpires reasoning behind it being not out
If it was just outside the line (umpires call), and everything else was green, it would be out because Wilson said it was missing, not outside the line
Surely not?

Again, you don’t seriously think the “umpires call” is in reference to the umpires reasoning behind it being not out
If it was just outside the line (umpires call), and everything else was green, it would be out because Wilson said it was missing, not outside the line
Surely not?
The comms even mentioned first thing when they say that was the height.

PS: Hazlewood deserved that wicket.

My interpretation with LBW when they go to the review is they look at the 3 main things:

1. Height
2. Whether the ball pitched in the 'corridor' of the stumps
3. Initial impact of where the ball hit the pads.

Not in any particular order either.

If less than half the ball is impacting the stumps, it reverts to the original umpires call, instead of being overruled. That doesn't mean the umpire thinks it was going over the stumps, it just means it goes back to the original umpires decision, in this case Not Out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My interpretation with LBW when they go to the review is they look at the 3 main things:

1. Height
2. Whether the ball pitched in the 'corridor' of the stumps
3. Initial impact of where the ball hit the pads.

Not in any particular order either.
Umpires decision is basically a failsafe for system error

Has nothing to do with the umpires actual call

Simple as that

Bison Yellowstone GIF by Nat Geo Wild

There are better pacemen in domestic cricket I feel better than Abbott. Behrendorff, Jhye Richardson, Neser, even Elliott, Thornton to name a few.
If Abbott wasn't from NSW he wouldn't have got more than a game or 2 for Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian white-ball tour of Scotland and England, September 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back