Anyone here switching to the GC?

Remove this Banner Ad

snapper28

Debutant
Aug 21, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
After supporting the lions/bears for the last 20 years I am looking into becoming a paid up Gold Coast member. I never thought I would switch my support to another team however the way we got rid of Bradshaw and drafted Fev into the team has really disappointed me.

Along with the poor performance of the team since the 2004 Grand final, the change of the jumper and the chance to be a part of something new and exciting has got me thinking.

Anyone else here who is thinking about getting on board with the Gold Coast next year?

0.jpg

After supporting the lions/bears for the last 20 years I am looking into becoming a paid up Gold Coast member. I never thought I would switch my support to another team however the way we got rid of Bradshaw and drafted Fev into the team has really disappointed me.

Along with the poor performance of the team since the 2004 Grand final, the change of the jumper and the chance to be a part of something new and exciting has got me thinking.

Bye. Safe travels.

wavegoodbye.jpg

How the hell do you just decide to get a new family.

Ok yes one or two of them maybe alcoholics, maybe they don't remember your birthday, and yes, Aunt Helen does have wandering hands....but it's your family!

Lion for Loife.

I wonder what Bulldogs and Richmond supporters think when they see a supporter of another club thinking of jumping ship merely 6 years after celebrating a historic threepeat.

Some of our supporters are spoilt brats. You'd think considering that most of us come from Bears and Fitzroy backgrounds that if there was one thing that wouldn't be in short supply, it would be perspective. Clearly not.

How the hell do you just decide to get a new family.

Ok yes one or two of them maybe alcoholics, maybe they don't remember your birthday, and yes, Aunt Helen does have wandering hands....but it's your family!

Lion for Loife.

Sounds like this family might have been cross-bred with a few Collingwood supporters..... :D

Anyone else here who is thinking about getting on board with the Gold Coast next year?

Go have a chat to richmond supporters...or i wonder how many current saint supporters have seen their team lift a premierhsip cup. Its only been 7 years since our last flag!!

good bye and good riddance

being a fitzroy supporter all my life i never once thought of changing teams. we never had half the success brisbane had we were lucky to win 2 or 3 games a year but boy how good did those wins feel :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah mate that's more than fair, they gave you three premierships in three years and haven't delivered since.

Really it's their own fault for not keeping up with the premiership target they set over the start of the decade - it's only fair that a team win the premiership every year to please their fans. It's the least they can do for making us watch them play.

A few of the recruiters have suggested Gold Coast and Western Sydney will win the next 15 premierships so if you just chop and change year to year from them then you should be all fine :thumbsu:

Also, I know Eagles memberships are hard to come by at the moment but just make sure you grab one if there are ever any available. You never know when they're going to become a premiership threat again and we don't not want to have your loyal support on our side.

Snapper28 - a living lesson in loyalty.

Re: Anyone here switching to the GC? (sorry but I'm a bandwagoner)

You weren't ever a true supporter of the Lions in the first place Seriously **** off go support the Gold Coast we don't need people like you "supporting" the Lions

Thinking about it, given my Fitzroy background there are probably only three things that could each cause me to stop supporting the Lions. One would be if they dropped the Lions name. Another would be if they changed our team's colours. The final one would be if they disassociated themselves from Fitzroy's history.

Bowers and co might be stupid but they're not that stupid, so I think I am pretty safe.

However, I couldn't contemplate supporting another side no matter what. I suppose that is what you get when you were born into a fanatical / suburban footy culture that the AFL has now emerged from.

Switching footy teams is the ultimate footy taboo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone here switching to the GC?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back