raboyle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2001
X Convenience Oval, Elizabeth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC (SANFL), Port Melb (VFL)
Well it was going to happen sooner or later... no Vic team involved in the one day in September. But I am sure that no-one foresaw this until after this decade! I sure didn't.

Port Adelaide, a club with a rich heritage and tradition looking for the ultimate glory, and then Brisbane, on the verge of writing a new record in national football of a possible fourth consecutive AFL premiership.

When you think about it... it makes for a great contest doesn't it?

Port Adelaide vs. Brisbane--A collision course with history!!

Comments anyone?

Of course, Brisbane are half-Victorian, so it doesn't really count.

Personally, over the last 3 years, Port are the team I have feared the most.

Most contests between PA and Lions have been very tight affairs. PA are just a great team, though it hurts to say it! :)

I think this could be closer than 2002.

I have no idea who I'll support at this stage! :) Part of me wants to see one of the greatest teams in the history of AFL/VFL win their fourth while another part of me wants to see the "underdog", and the ones who should have been there earlier, win it.

Either way, please make it a close one!!

yikes said:
I dont really care that 2 teams from outside victoria r playin in the GF, I just want it to be a good game.

That's all any true footy fan can ask for once their own team is out of the running.

For the first time in a while we will see the 2 best teams from the minor rounds play out a GF.

When was the last time 1 v 2 played in the GF?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BomberAUS said:
I dont think that many victorians actually care that there isn't a victorian team in the GF this year.
...as long as the South Aussie loses.

Now that it's here, it just seems like it just doesn't matter whether or not a Vic team is in it or not.

I'm happy Brisbane won simply because Port v Geelong would have been the most boring grand final match up in history. At least now if Port want the flag, they are going to have to earn it. They didn't deserve to win without needing to knock off the Lions.

Go Port.

1 question, who will get suspended from Port this week? If any player goes up the true conflict of interest in AFL will be shown with Johnson getting 6 weeks for Hitting Power and a Port player will go for 2 weeks. The tribunal is a joke, how can a family member of an AFL footballer be on the tribunal????

Porthos said:
...as long as the South Aussie loses.

No not really, that would be more a desire of any Vics and Crows supporters LIVING in SA. The whole VIC/SA thing is just a beat-up. To be honest most Victorians never think of SA as they are too busy trying to get one-up on Sydeney (you know, the suburb at the end of the Hume Hwy).

Oh, right. So you'll be wanting Port to win then?

Porthos said:
Of course, Brisbane are half-Victorian, so it doesn't really count.
Well Technically, Victorians were founded by Tasmanians = so that could be seen as something else...

Judging on this week's football - it may well be the best final we have seen in history (here's hoping).

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final--Port Adelaide vs. Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back