NO TROLLS Aboriginal names for AFL clubs

Do you like the idea of giving Aboriginal names to clubs?

• Yes

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 57.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you read the article supplied?

List those 70 articles.

Let me guess, Dark Emu is your favourite book.
I read a chunk of it. It’s extremely ****ing long.

I didn’t say articles I said links. Do yourself a favour, google “marngrook Aussie rules”.

I’ve never even heard of dark emu mate, just comfortable admitting we’ve stolen a lot from our Indigneous brothers and sisters, likely including the great game.

Why don't we go all the way and do XYZ?

How much is too much?

Where is the goddamn LINE?

This all reads like "conservative for the sake of conservative" 101.

It's a slippery slope dude, careful not to fall over.
It's dragged on way to long for most people liking.

You think that a handful of clubs changing their name for a few weeks of the year and wearing an indigenous jumper is too much.

Wow.

How’s your works RAP going? Cause that might break your brain.
Like I said what's the reason for it? It's a long winded recipe to appease the do gooders, how on earth is changing clubs that are over a 100 years old to names of aboriginal meanings changing anything? Second thoughts don't answer that, we can share different opinions but people don't change their minds because some internet person mentions why they disagree.

That's the problem about society now, people like you think think because people don't agree about something like this that they are racist, unbelievable.
Nah, to this and your second quote we can absolutely disagree on a fave movie or ice cream flavour and still get along.

Denying people equality and recognition on the basis of race, not gonna get along if that’s your stance.

Nah, to this and your second quote we can absolutely disagree on a fave movie or ice cream flavour and still get along.

Denying people equality and recognition on the basis of race, not gonna get along if that’s your stance.
The recognition has been done for years now and me saying the stadium and club name should not being changed is denying equality, then yes we won't get along.

The recognition has been done for years now and me saying the stadium and club name should not being changed is denying equality, then yes we won't get along.
Recognition has been done has it?

Yeh we should stop it then yeh. Racism has been solved, job done.

how on earth is changing clubs that are over a 100 years old to names of aboriginal meanings changing anything

It's just a bit of acknowledgement, gets people thinking a little bit, builds bridges.

Understanding and embracing other cultures had a better track record in history than doing the opposite.

Then there are those who will either say it goes too far, or doesn't do anything (make up your mind!). It doesn't have to be your favourite thing but a lot of people do like it.

It's just a bit of acknowledgement, gets people thinking a little bit, builds bridges.

Understanding and embracing other cultures had a better track record in history than doing the opposite.

Then there are those who will either say it goes too far, or doesn't do anything (make up your mind!). It doesn't have to be your favourite thing but a lot of people do like it.
It’s such a tiny gesture that it seems truly truly odd to me that it upsets anyone.

Some acknowledgement and inclusivity during Sir Doug Nicholls round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the problem about society now, people like you think think because people don't agree about something like this that they are racist, unbelievable.
No the problem is the racism that can't give Indiginous people any respect.
60,000 years of continual habitation means nothing to the racists.

Right so if a sample of a subsection of people are something its ok to be prejudice to the whole subsection?
Why do you think they are talking about you when they say "a racist country"?

Are you a country?

First sentence Wikipedia:
"Racism is discrimination and prejudice against people based on their race or ethnicity"

Australians being an ethnicity.
Your prejudice being Austs are racist.

Egro you are racist.
Auatralian's aren't an ethnicity. You seem quite ignorant on the subject.

Auatralian's aren't an ethnicity. You seem quite ignorant on the subject.
Its a nation, a nationality, basically an ethnicity depending on how pedantic you are.

Not that I'm backing down, but at the very least you calling Aust a racist country is still attaching a negative connotation to a group of people, something you should be very against due to your stance on racism.

Its a nation, a nationality, basically an ethnicity depending on how pedantic you are.

Not that I'm backing down, but at the very least you calling Aust a racist country is still attaching a negative connotation to a group of people, something you should be very against due to your stance on racism.
Everyone knows Australia is a racist country. We have racist people elected to government like Pauline Hanson.

Always been really really strange to me that people get up in arms about the statement Australia is a racist country. We have systems and infrastructure in place based on colonialism that disadvantages (in some cases extremely so) non whites.

Education, justice, health for a start.

That would seem to make us very much a racist country. Now that’s not calling me specifically a racist so the statement is true and it doesn’t make me a racist so why is it so controversial.

Remove this Banner Ad

NO TROLLS Aboriginal names for AFL clubs

Back