A Message to all the fair weather WC 'supporters' who have come out of the woodwork.

Remove this Banner Ad

RisingPhoenix

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2010
Great Southern
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NAFC, SDFC, MUFC.
In the hours since the loss to Geelong, we have seen people wishing Embley breaks a leg and never plays again, scathing attacks on Priddis/Eric Mackenzie/Quinten Lynch, a plethora of blokes saying we will finish bottom of the 8 next year and on and on.

:confused:

Being dissapointed at the way we lost is one thing, but some of the bile im seeing spewed by our own supporters is an absolute disgrace.

For christs sake, we won the wooden spoon last year and 12 months later we were one win away from a Grand Final.....doesnt that mean anything to anybody?

This was the year (much like 2002), which marked the real start of our next successful era IMO.

Any Eagles supporter on here bagging out there own club this afternoon/evening should be ashamed of themselves.

Last year was last Year. What we have achieved this year is remarkable.

Today's spud like effort from the majority of the Seniors today was embarassing. No harm in saying that.

Get over yourself.

Edit: I suppose you'll be writing to all Media outlets this week for the immediate sacking of all Journalists.

Your anger should be directed to those players that threw the towel before the first bounce today. A bit of effort and Gonads would have been appreciated.

I'm also shocked at some of the crap I have just read!

We got out played today by a team that most people think have been the best team in the last 10 years.

We were flat, and Geelong didn't let us play our style of footy.

I'm shattered that we lost, and the most disappointing thing about the lose is that was our worst performance of the season. But we have shown that at our best we can beat any side in the comp.

There is so much upside to this list and I can't wait for round 1, because we are going to come back bigger and better.

We played one bad game, unfortunately, it was the prelim final. But let's put it in perspective here, as the OP stated, we have come from last to be playing one win away from the big dance.
We have had a long season, 25 games, bodies are tired and we haven't had a season that long since 2006. Even the 2007 boys didn't make it to the prelim and that side contained one C Judd and B Cousins.

Sure, analyse the performance of players, but to make assertions about their long term future on this analysis reeks of fairweather. If you intend to roast, roast, roast, take it to dockerland.com, they will gladly accept that rubbish there.

Last year was last Year. What we have achieved this year is remarkable.

Today's spud like effort from the majority of the Seniors today was embarassing. No harm in saying that.

Get over yourself.

Edit: I suppose you'll be writing to all Media outlets this week for the immediate sacking of all Journalists.

Your anger should be directed to those players that threw the towel before the first bounce today. A bit of effort and Gonads would have been appreciated.
Agreed.

The most important game of the year and they melted.

Maybe we did have nothing left in the tank but it was a disappointing way to finish.

I'm also shocked at some of the crap I have just read!

We got out played today by a team that most people think have been the best team in the last 10 years.

We were flat, and Geelong didn't let us play our style of footy.

I'm shattered that we lost, and the most disappointing thing about the lose is that was our worst performance of the season. But we have shown that at our best we can beat any side in the comp.

There is so much upside to this list and I can't wait for round 1, because we are going to come back bigger and better.
This would be a legitimate point if we had turned up to play.

The loss was as much our responsibility as Geelongs, as shown previously we can match it with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The loss was as much our responsibility as Geelongs, as shown previously we can match it with them.
Much truth, however, it was on subi... We've shown on 3 occasions that our setup doesn't work on the wide expanses of the G. We need to fix that..
Thus, Geelong are that much better than us on the G.

Nothing wrong with analyzing the game but a lot of the posters must have no idea. I watch the game and I get very frustrated at some of the players but some of the crap spoken on here is just uneducated pick a flaw and bring it up over and over again.

Unfortunately though, this will continue to happen. Better off just ignoring the idiots :thumbsu:

How does it make someone a fairweather supporter to criticise the efforts put in today?
Because it appears none of the positives from 2011 count against this one poor showing. Not to mention not looking forward to a healthy 2012 with the experience under our young guns' belt.

How does it make someone a fairweather supporter to criticise the efforts put in today?

There were some unacceptable performances today in the most important game of the year, and people quite rightly are highlighting that.

What I'm saying is that people are jumping up and down over one bad game. Sure we had some bad players but Geelong were very good today, they strangled us, we never had any time. I would like people to focus on the great year we had, not this afternoon. Seeing as fairweathers don't like losses, I'm assuming this won't happen.

Much truth, however, it was on subi... We've shown on 3 occasions that our setup doesn't work on the wide expanses of the G. We need to fix that..
Thus, Geelong are that much better than us on the G.
Maybe but I am not sure if this is truly the case.

We matched it well with Collingwood, the masters of the G and we didn't play that great a football.

Today was not a failure of our gameplan, it was a lack of effort, composure and discipline.

How else do you explain our tackle count, the lack of pressure, run and chase? The poor execution by players even when not under pressure?

I don't care if people criticise players performances after that game because not many of them were good. I find the roast thread for Waters stupid but that's some posters opinion and others can tell them they're way off so I don't mind that much. The only thing that has really annoyed me is the poster hoping one of our players breaks his leg and never plays again, that's disgraceful.

Because it appears none of the positives from 2011 count against this one poor showing. Not to mention not looking forward to a healthy 2012 with the experience under our young guns' belt.
Who said that?

Fact is, some unacceptable performances were put up today from senior players in a preliminary final, and people are right to criticise them.

Yes, we've had a great season, and yes I'm sure everyone is looking forward to next year, but today's effort wasn't up to the standard the team has set this year, and that has to be highlighted.

As has been said, If you want a nice, pretty conversation about football call your grandmother so you can say "well, nevermind, they tried hard and i'm happy, always next year, etc etc".

Maybe but I am not sure if this is truly the case.

We matched it well with Collingwood, the masters of the G and we didn't play that great a football.

Today was not a failure of our gameplan, it was a lack of effort, composure and discipline.

How else do you explain our tackle count, the lack of pressure, run and chase? The poor execution by players even when not under pressure?
To be honest I think Collingwood were half baked in the QF.. We were still exposed much the same as we were today. The only difference between PF and QF is that we looked worn out today.

We were opened up far too easily by both sides, and their is far too much space to play the press we play. Not saying it wouldn't work, would just need a tweak for games played at the G to shut down the additional space.

I don't care if people criticise players performances after that game because not many of them were good. I find the roast thread for Waters stupid but that's some posters opinion and others can tell them they're way off so I don't mind that much. The only thing that has really annoyed me is the poster hoping one of our players breaks his leg and never plays again, that's disgraceful.
Agreed.

Who said that?

Fact is, some unacceptable performances were put up today from senior players in a preliminary final, and people are right to criticise them.

Yes, we've had a great season, and yes I'm sure everyone is looking forward to next year, but today's effort wasn't up to the standard the team has set this year, and that has to be highlighted.

As has been said, If you want a nice, pretty conversation about football call your grandmother so you can say "well, nevermind, they tried hard and i'm happy, always next year, etc etc".
I'll let someone else respond to this as my point obviously has been missed here.

Remove this Banner Ad

A Message to all the fair weather WC 'supporters' who have come out of the woodwork.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back