Player Watch #7: Jack Viney (VC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Returned to the role of Skipper tonight and pulled out his very best. BOG and set the tone for the team to follow. Could easily get a job at the local butcher after footy, but god, when he is in that kind of mindset is there a better contested player in the comp. Wouldn’t be many that can play as hard.

Huge tonight, doesn’t play like this every week but has a knack of pulling it out when the stakes are high. Had me wondering if we under rate him at times. Big game from Jack and a big win tonight.

I remember in 2017 Jones the co captain went down and Viney stepped up as sole captain against the eagles and absolutly lead from the front.

Did the same thing tonight. Doesn't always have it thrust upon him, but when he needs to lead he takes the challenge head on

I remember in 2017 Jones the co captain went down and Viney stepped up as sole captain against the eagles and absolutly lead from the front.

Did the same thing tonight. Doesn't always have it thrust upon him, but when he needs to lead he takes the challenge head on
Reminded me of the exact same game. Our last game at Subi and a rare win, was stoked to be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable month and a bit.
Easily the best month and a bit ever in Australian Football history, for mine.

I also maintain that, while there have been some dips in form from time to time, Jack Viney, Vice Captain, has the best ongoing Melbourne hair since Dom Tyson

I also maintain that, while there have been some dips in form from time to time, Jack Viney, Vice Captain, has the best ongoing Melbourne hair since Dom Tyson
Bailey Fritsch: 🤔

Bailey Fritsch: 🤔
DFnP9kKXgAEFKrE.jpg

Would be hard to beat Allen Jakovich's from his 3rd game in 1991. Kicked his first 50 goals quicker than anyone in league history despite doing nothing in his first game and kicking "only" 3 in his 2nd.

From round 15 he ran riot in 1991, kicking bags of 8,6,6,8,7,11 and 5 in his next seven games

Last edited:
Would be hard to beat Allen Jakovich's from his 3rd game in 1991. Kicked his first 50 goals quicker than anyone in league history despite doing nothing in his first game and kicking "only" 3 in his 2nd.

From round 15 he ran riot in 1991, kicking bags of 8,6,6,8,7,11 and 5 in his next seven games
Yes, but what about his hair?

Couldn't resist Bluelegs
lego_slick.jpg
edit - also Jack Viney is great.

Last edited:

Please don't use the words from and form next to each other in the same sentence please.

Jack have good game.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's 2nd in the b&f right now. Love watching him play when he's in that mood. Absolutely monstered a pretty tough midfield. Gives us an option to rest Trac forward more if Viney is dominating too. Harmes tagging, Oliver under the pack and Viney bullying. Such a luxury when all those guys are up and about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back