Player Watch #7: Jack Viney (VC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Felt like viney really had a crack but just couldn't make an impact. Like he just isn't making tackles like he use to. He's never been quick but just a little bit of a drop is enough.

Our midfielders are strong and good in close. But they're also pretty damn slow.

If Max isn't hitting to advantage, he'd be better off just tapping it to his own feet and letting our inside mids go at it. Once the opposition mids get even half a step of separation, we just can't catch them.

I'll always back Viney in close, but that's about all he can do now.

Our midfielders are strong and good in close. But they're also pretty damn slow.

If Max isn't hitting to advantage, he'd be better off just tapping it to his own feet and letting our inside mids go at it. Once the opposition mids get even half a step of separation, we just can't catch them.

I'll always back Viney in close, but that's about all he can do now.
Even in close he still looked like coming out just short of impact. I'm only going by my eye but I ain't going to watch the replay just felt like he was just a little off where he may have been able to impact in the past.

This game reminded me of our game in 2010 against Brisbane except in reverse. All night I thought Brisbane's bigger bodies will eventually work our young team over, except it never happened and we ran out comfortable winners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back