Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian - 200 games - beautiful

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:
The VFL still run the league

I mean I’d have no issue if both were a week and I recon we all would be the same soft yes but at least it would be consistent

Heeney'sactions were a football act. This new rule is going to penalise players playing with good intent and innocuous events are going to get themsuspended.

I can see players, in future, in Heeney's position deciding to dive at the grappling and play for the free rather than take the risk of fending and being suspeneded.

That may be an unintended consequence of the AFL introducing an inane rule.

That was it, that's all he had to say.

The vision does not show Heeney tried to fend. Can they prove it?

Heeney was trying to break free, he never fended or pushed away and should not be intentional

How our own team has missed what the definition of intentional is is just bizzare
Exactly. And in the act of manoeuvring because Webster all of a sudden started falling, heeneys hand flung backwards because there was all of a sudden no resistance where he expected there to be.

Absolute butchery

The sad thing is, based on what the chair has said that he is reading the rule any push off, fend off or don’t argue is a strike based on this rule. I guarantee you, not only will this not be the case but we will see multiple examples before the season is out of high contact not be considered intentional despite the ruling.

Heeney'sactions were a football act. This new rule is going to penalise players playing with good intent and innocuous events are going to get themsuspended.

I can see players, in future, in Heeney's position deciding to dive at the grappling and play for the free rather than take the risk of fending and being suspeneded.

It's not going to penalise Curnow...

Just as likely, realising their error the AFL will change the wording so no one else is suspended for it. Except of course Heeney.

What’s the bet something like this happens this week and its graded as careless?
I want to see players getting suspended left right and centre and seeing egg all over the faces of the clowns who brought in this inane rule.
Cleary would be a great Brownlow chance because he did not get much of a chance to get suspended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to see players getting suspended left right and centre and seeing egg all over the faces of the clowns who brought in this inane rule.
Cleary would be a great Brownlow chance because he did not get much of a chance to get suspended.
Heeney’s actions are unreasonable going by the AFL but a high don’t argue is aok. This is where this is confusing.

Won’t happen though. And we won’t or can’t say a thing and neither will the media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian - 200 games - beautiful

Remove this Banner Ad

Back