Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Brando on being a 2 time premiership player, he is a polarising player, ill admit i am happy to see him go but that doesn't mean i don't acknowledge he has been a great servant for the club and wish him all the best, just like the rest of us should feel

will likely get an end of 2nd round comp? which will be pick 40, probably what he is worth and will interesting give us pick 39,40,41 in the draft which is a nice stash and i feel we will trade for next years picks to secure Rioli on a points based system
Band 1 compo (unlikely) is a 1st round pick immediately after ours, eg; if we finished last then it would be pick 2. But because we finished 1st (****yeah!!!!) it would be pick 20.

Band 2 compo (likely) is and end of 1st round pick and because we finished 1st (****yeah!!!!) it will be pick 20.

Essentially, if we get band 2 compo then it's the same as band 1.....but WhoTF knows with the AFL!!

Thank you Brando for the premierships, but... Honestly Squibb it about 10 times in the first quarter and the half.

... a few of them were god awful too

thank christ it didnt matter
Agree another very ordinary final from Ellis in what was an easy romp. I make no bones about it but as a player i will be glad to see the back of him.

How good would the game have been for a kid like Ross.
Looking fwd to the extra hardness that Stack Graham Ross will bring along with Pickett.We will be a better side with these guys in it.

Did Vickery really get $500K?
That is insane.
Carlton has rocks in its head in my book.
Should have recruited Belly to a HBF as a springboard.
Insane club and administration.
Yep Hawks paid him 500k a year. Thought they could make a mobile ruck/forward out of him. Apparently it was our culture that held Vickery back and Hawks superior culture would make him a gun.

Yep Hawks paid him 500k a year. Thought they could make a mobile ruck/forward out of him. Apparently it was our culture that held Vickery back and Hawks superior culture would make him a gun.
There was some trickery with the contract. It was a $million over 3 years but forward loaded it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was going to be hawks version of dean cox apparently :drunk:

Compo Picks
#17 - Buddy Franklin
#20 - Brandon Ellis
Shai - Tyrone Vickery

FMD this compo pic structure is so so wrong
The Fatlop deal for me is the wierdest one.

A reported 4 year deal at $500k/season netted Geelong an end of 1st round pick being 19.

I would hope the the Tigers management use this example as a precedent in their negotiations for a compo pick. I know the TPP's have risen over the last 2 years, but a 5 year deal at $600k/year trumps the Motlop trade.

The Fatlop deal for me is the wierdest one.

A reported 4 year deal at $500k/season netted Geelong an end of 1st round pick being 19.

I would hope the the Tigers management use this example as a precedent in their negotiations for a compo pick. I know the TPP's have risen over the last 2 years, but a 5 year deal at $600k/year trumps the Motlop trade.
5 years at $600k
2 x Premiership player
1st round selection
top 25% paid at richmond
26 year old
175 games

Must be a Band 2 which will be pick #21

Most likely will have #19+#21
would love the club to package these 2 picks up to get a pick in the top 10 and get Brodie Kemp
I think the GC package was 1st pick in the 2nd round? Probably worth more than the last pick of the 1st round after what went on last year, ie; everyone having a chance to sleep on deals after the 1st day just dealing with the 1st round. So Band 2 is and end of 1st round pick which is the next pick after ours, which means we will get 19 + 20. Of course if there are other compo picks then that will change. Not nit picking, just trying to understand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back