Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

But again, that's just your personal bias. Let's just accept as true your (emotion-filled) statement that Biden and the Democrats are evil. It's still beyond dispute that they are less evil than Trump and MAGA Republicans.

So, a non-vote puts the two evil entities on an equal standing, when the proper / right / moral thing to do is to vote for the lesser of two evils on the basis that the greater of two evils would be an horrendous outcome. No?

Arguably, although an argument could also be made that this exerts pressure on the Democrats to change, and the moral thing to do is to exert all possible pressure on Biden (when lacking the financial resources to lobby/bribe him). When more pressure is exerted on haranguing people to change their minds out of principle than it is on the Democrats to improve their policies so as to appeal to them, then I think there's something wrong with your democracy.

I also think if you're in a state like California or, frankly, around 39 others, you may as well not vote because the moral quandary of letting Trump win is as abstract a one as it is for those of us sitting a hemisphere away with no voting rights.

Arguably, although an argument could also be made that this exerts pressure on the Democrats to change, and the moral thing to do is to exert all possible pressure on Biden (when lacking the financial resources to lobby/bribe him). When more pressure is exerted on haranguing people to change their minds out of principle than it is on the Democrats to improve their policies so as to appeal to them, then I think there's something wrong with your democracy.

This is reasonable in a general behaviour sense, but not practical in the specific circumstances facing US voters.

I also think if you're in a state like California or, frankly, around 39 others, you may as well not vote because the moral quandary of letting Trump win is as abstract a one as it is for those of us sitting a hemisphere away with no voting rights.

I assume you are suggesting that there are 40-odd states that will be Democrat wins anyway, so people in those states can silently protest against Buden by not voting. You don't see the potential danger in this?

Biden again with some sort of weird zone out.

Mr Biden underwent his annual medical test, which lasted more than two-and-a-half hours, in February.

His physician Dr Kevin O’Connor said then Mr Biden “continues to be fit for duty” and was “healthy and robust”.

There were no signs of stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's or other similar conditions in what the report called an "extremely detailed neurologic exam."

Meanwhile Trump proudly repeats the results of his dementia test, pointing out in the crowd the doctor who gave it to him.

Getting the doctor's name wrong.

The doctor who drank on the job and handed out pills by the handful.

This is... captivating stuff.

Meanwhile Trump proudly repeats the results of his dementia test, pointing out in the crowd the doctor who gave it to him.

It seems impossible to talk about Biden’s vulnerabilities without a reply focusing on Trump.

That appears to be the chief issue in this thread.

It seems impossible to talk about Biden’s vulnerabilities without a reply focusing on Trump.

Whatever vulnerabilities Biden has they pale into insignificance compared to his rival that's why the comparison keeps getting made. He's not a great candidate but compared to Trump he's FDR, Lincoln and Kennedy all rolled into one.

Given it is literally a choice between the two of them for president, it's disingenuous to keep talking down Biden when Trump is demonstrably worse in almost every category possible.

The real issue in this thread is the Trumpies trying to pretend a vote for Biden is worse than a vote for Trump.

Well, you insist on posting easily disproven claims about Biden, while the exact same thing is proven for Trump.

It's a fun sport.

Why not talk about policy? Plenty of things to object to about Biden in that arena.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voting for Biden could be described as a necessary evil, and I respect that people will make that decision. Voting for neither Trump nor Biden could also be described as a necessary evil, and I also respect that.

It seems much more vitriol is reserved for people who lean towards that second option than there is for, I don’t know, Biden and the Democrats for being evil.

I respect both points of view, I’d vote for the necessary evil personally as things can definitely get way worse than they are now.

View attachment 2023912

Grim viewing this time of year. Still 5 months out though, I guess a lot can happen ?
She's all over I reckon. Don't even worry about national polls, just look the battleground states.

If Biden was gonna change tack in any meaningful way I think he would have by now, seems utterly delusional re: the polling. One of the worst run out of touch campaigns you will ever see, up there with Hillary 2016. His staffers are either not able to get through to him or too scared to tell him the hard truths.

Would have to be an insane-o negative October surprise for Trump at this rate, even then I'm not sure it would sway enough people.

A lot of Trump supporters are fat and have diabetes ?

Not sure, it was probably a put down considering who posted it. Type I Diabetes, I don't believe is fat related and insulin is the main treatment for that. Type II is not always about obesity, many many slim people have it as well. But that poster probably is fat shaming.

Not sure, it was probably a put down considering who posted it. Type I Diabetes, I don't believe is fat related and insulin is the main treatment for that. Type II is not always about obesity, many many slim people have it as well. But that poster probably is fat shaming.
fair point

I think the broader point was to establish the irony whereby the main groups of people that would benefit the most by progressive leaning policy are more often than not the least inclined to vote for progressive politicians.

She's all over I reckon. Don't even worry about national polls, just look the battleground states.

If Biden was gonna change tack in any meaningful way I think he would have by now, seems utterly delusional re: the polling. One of the worst run out of touch campaigns you will ever see, up there with Hillary 2016. His staffers are either not able to get through to him or too scared to tell him the hard truths.

Would have to be an insane-o negative October surprise for Trump at this rate, even then I'm not sure it would sway enough people.

Democrat dissatisfaction with Biden is at an all time high. If they don't turn out and vote, then Trump will win easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back