Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - has re-signed until the end of 2029 - finishes 6th in the 24' SBM

Remove this Banner Ad

Z is one of those elder statesman type player that you need to man the canons during the tough times.

He is very handy forward who is very good 3rd tall and we are getting close to have 2 big forwards...

Very comfortable having Jy in the team for the next 5 years.

Same with The Bull.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The aforementioend are essential vetrans to guide the youngsters from the 2022 - drafts much in the way vandenberg croad dew crawford did for the hawks in 2008.

Hearing strong word that its a done deal with Cam for 5 years.
He’s important on so many levels not least his popularity amongst the group
Also its very encouraging that against the popular narrative another player recommitted to NMFC.
Twomey has been barracking all year for him to leave as for that germ maclure, dont me started on that flog
Sounds promising. Any idea when this will be announced.

Not sure what to make of Cam anymore. Watched him fairly closely today and he seems to have lost what was always his biggest asset, intensity. When he loses a contest, he goes at half rat power. When he goes to ground, he takes an eternity to get to his feet. His tackling has lost that genuine mongrel and he just lacks impact overall.

Not gonna lie, he lacks leadership. A real disappointment for me and he needs a rocket☹️

Not sure what to make of Cam anymore. Watched him fairly closely today and he seems to have lost what was always his biggest asset, intensity. When he loses a contest, he goes at half rat power. When he goes to ground, he takes an eternity to get to his feet. His tackling has lost that genuine mongrel and he just lacks impact overall.

Not gonna lie, he lacks leadership. A real disappointment for me and he needs a rocket☹️

For that we need angry Clarko but he won't be showing up until next year

If this is getting close to Zuurhars peak, what the hell will he be producing in 2-3 years? Let alone 5.
No burst. No defensive efforts or tackles let a lone A ****ing hip and shoulder like the past.
In his defense the bump is dead and he is at least smart enough to acknowledge that. But agree re other points as it looks like peak zurhaar is here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just another typical CZ game - a couple of individual highlights to hang his own hat on but just nothing in terms of consistency, game changing impact or leadership.

This bloke has been talked up so much because we have been so bad for so long. An ordinary player in a woeful period for a club yet he sits back and demands 'improvement' from everyone around him.

CZ is a key reason we have been so bad - he has shown no development, no leadership and runs around like he couldn't give a rat's arse about 'results'.

Move the C grader on and bring in Zane - a kid with real talent and prospects of being a true A grader.

Not worth whatever he’s asking. This bloke lost the reputation he had in 2015-2016, stagnated, seems to be interested in anything other than being a good player and thinks what he has is ‘enough’.

It ain’t. You’re only getting older Cam, not better.

I remember being that excited about him, but he’s plateaued. That’s generally how I’ve felt about this team since 2018 - “should’ve been, but hasn’t”.

Not worth whatever he’s asking. This bloke lost the reputation he had in 2015-2016, stagnated, seems to be interested in anything other than being a good player and thinks what he has is ‘enough’.

It ain’t. You’re only getting older Cam, not better.

The reputation he had when he was 16 years old?

He is genuinely horrific outside f50 with ball in hand.

You can almost guarantee we will not keep possession when he disposes of the football. He either bites off more than he can chew or mongrels the pill for an easy turnover.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Allergic to taking the first option

I remember being that excited about him, but he’s plateaued. That’s generally how I’ve felt about this team since 2018 - “should’ve been, but hasn’t”.
Going fwd you likely cannot play both cz and pc in the same forward line, duursma comes in , a key tall unless teakle can step up and playing a small forward means one of them misses out. Atm i think curtis may have more room to improve but we would want to be dropping rubbish like those 50m penalties pretty soon. Actually pink probobly offers better structure and has become at least as much a goal threat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - has re-signed until the end of 2029 - finishes 6th in the 24' SBM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back