Player Watch 22. Travis Tuck (2007-10)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 38. Travis Tuck

Have just walked back from City Oval, and for the second week in a row, Travis Tuck will be admitted to hospital for leather poisoning.

Seriously imposed himself on the game, was first to the ball more times than I could count, and showed tremendous endeavour for the entire 4 quarters.

Just for the record, Trav is clearly taller than his listed 187cm, and has really started to fill out.

Dont be surprised if he gets a spot in the seniors this week.

PS: Special mention to the other FS, Joey, who had a really solid 2nd half today. :thumbsu:

Been a big fan of Tuck's for a while, and I reckon it's almost fitting that we bring in the son of a player who has more finals experience in the past 25 years than a fair few clubs in the competition combined!

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22358054%5E19742,00.html

Hawk Tuck in line for recall
04 September 2007 Herald Sun
Daryl Timms and Gareth Trickey
HAWTHORN selectors could turn to youngster Travis Tuck for Saturday's elimination final against Adelaide at Telstra Dome.

A hamstring injury to Chance Bateman and Michael Osborne's potential suspension has added to the Hawks' selection woes. Xavier Ellis and Tuck, who has played just one game, are in line to be recalled.

Pick 22 is Kirbatron who has taken the man most of us selected to be the big improver in 2008, Travis Tuck.

When told of Kirbatrons selection of young Trav the great Michael Tuck was heard to say "..

And that was it:)

BR:thumbsu:

Moto

When you think of Tucky think Moto, his new nickname.

I'm sure Tucky is going to have a great year and i will be making extra effort to get out to BH games to provide in depth match reports. Would be great to see him in the NAB cup and play a few games in Rds 1-3.

Moto

When you think of Tucky think Moto, his new nickname.

I'm sure Tucky is going to have a great year and i will be making extra effort to get out to BH games to provide in depth match reports. Would be great to see him in the NAB cup and play a few games in Rds 1-3.

Run me through that nickname if you wouldnt mind Kirb.

For the record, their should be no need keep an eye on Tuck down at BHH, he wont be there, by the end of the third round he will have cemeted his place, and the only footage you will find of him will be live at Hawthorn games, or on the box for interstate trips.

Its kinda stupid but anyway...

My mate had Tuck (Richmond) in his Dreamteam and he wasnt doing very well so he use to call him Mothertucker.

I had a chuckle *im easily amused*

Anyway, the shortened version of Motherf**er is Mofo, hence Moto for Mothertucker.

I told you it was stupid. Maybe i'll just call him that myself lol

This is one bloke I am looking forward to seeing progress this year.

He has the heart and the courage and the skills to make it in the AFL.

All he needs now is the opportunity. Come on Clarko.. play the boy!

As my boy in 2008 I feel inclined to comment on his progress so far.

Some things I have picked up from watching Travis in his 2 NAB cup games.

Loves to run and take them on.

Doesn’t seem over-awed with playing at the highest level.

Has good skills, both hand and foot.

Will acquire better balance and decision making with more game time and experience this year.

Looks set to play around 10 games this year. Possibly more if form warrants.

Love the boy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

0,26576,23676207-19742,00.html

According to this article, Fay Tuck who is married to Michael Tuck and the mother of Travis and Shane, is also the sister of Gary Ablett Snr...

So, that makes Tucky the nephew of Yablett and the cousin of Gary Jnr, while also being the son of the great Michael Tuck. How the F*CK is this not mentioned more often? That's awesome news! Travis is destined for greatness! He has better blood than Cyril Rioli!

Travis Tuck his stats courtesy of footywire:

Travis Tuck #22 Hawthorn Hawks

Age: 21yr 1mth Games: 9 Born: September 7, 1987 Height: 188cm Weight: 88kg Position: Midfield Profile | Games | Career | Splits | Fan Forum | Player Comparison

Season 2008 Totals/Averages

G K HB D M G B T HO GA GC I50 FF FA DT * SC *
Total 8 61 71 132 33 1 1 22 2 6 7 22 13 12 498 486
Average 8 7.6 8.9 16.5 4.1 0.1 0.1 2.8 0.2 0.8 0.9 2.8 1.6 1.5 62.2 60.8

* Dream Team (DT) and Supercoach (SC) stats only include regular season games. GA - Goal Assists, I50 - Inside 50s, GC - Goals Contributed (Goals + Goal Assists)

2008 Statistical Rankings

Ranked 8th among rising stars in Inside 50s Per Game

Ranked 6th among rising stars in Handballs Per Game

Ranked 9th among rising stars in Disposals Per Game

Season Highlights
25 disps (13 kicks 12 hballs), 7 marks, 4 tackles and a goal in Rd 2 15-pt win over Fremantle at Subiaco (29 Mar 2008)
Season/Career Highs

2008 Highs Career Highs
Disposals 25 v Fremantle, 29th Mar 2008 25 v Fremantle, 29th Mar 2008
Kicks 13 v Fremantle, 29th Mar 2008 13 v Fremantle, 29th Mar 2008
Handballs 16 v Geelong, 25th Jul 2008 * 16 v Geelong, 25th Jul 2008 *
Marks 10 v North Melbourne, 5th Apr 2008 10 v North Melbourne, 5th Apr 2008
Goals 1 v Fremantle, 29th Mar 2008 1 v Fremantle, 29th Mar 2008
Tackles 4 v Fremantle, 29th Mar 2008 4 v Fremantle, 29th Mar 2008
Hitouts 1 v Geelong, 25th Jul 2008 * 1 v Geelong, 25th Jul 2008 *

* Season/career high achieved two or more times. Match shown is the most recent game when season/career high was attained.

Re: 22. Travis Tuck

Seeing as i have picked Travis Tuck to be my man for the year i thought i would give this an update

TUCKTravis_246a.jpg

Travis Tuck
  • Number: 22
  • Height: 187
  • Weight: 88
  • DOB: 07-09-1987
  • Debut: AFL 2007
Struggled with a knee injury early last season but managed eight matches, showing enough in midfield roles to suggest he could be a solid player. Can find the ball and generally uses it well, particularly by hand. An emergency for the Grand Final, he will be pushing for a permanent role this season.

Link to updated profile - http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/Players/tabid/8324/default.aspx

• He has been selected in the Hawks squad of 29 to take on Melbourne tomorrow , so i will be updating this tomorrow with all his stats and how he played.

Other links about tomorrows games

• The Age:

ALL-AUSTRALIANS Luke Hodge, Lance Franklin and Trent Croad head a group of nine Hawthorn premiership players who will miss their AFL pre-season opener.
The Hawks' strong depth means they have still picked a solid squad for tomorrow afternoon's match against Melbourne in Launceston
Full story - http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/hawk-stars-miss-cup-opener/2009/02/19/1234632976218.html

• Herald Sun:

HAWTHORN will be without more than a third of their premiership team for Saturday night's opening AFL pre-season game against Melbourne.

The Hawks' squad of 29 for the Launceston game has nine players missing from the team that upset Geelong in last year's grand final.
Full story - http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25072499-5018700,00.html

• AFL.com

HAWTHORN coach Alastair Clarkson says rookies Ryan Schoenmakers and Luke Shiels will have a chance to hold down a spot in the senior team after being selected for the side’s NAB Cup opener against Melbourne on Saturday.
Full story - http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/72363/default.aspx

My man has just booked his spot for round 1 action against Geelong :D:thumbsu:

NAB Cup Round 1 Stats

Disposals -23
Eff% - 87
Kicks - 10
Handballs - 13
Marks - 4
Tackles - 3
Clearances - 3

Stories

• Herald Sun
Premiership hero Stuart Dew looked fitter as he patrolled half-back and dangerously floated forward, while Travis Tuck was a standout in the midfield.
Full Story - http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25088428-19767,00.html

• The Age
"All of them will benefit enormously form that type of exposure," Clarkson said afterwards of his youngsters. "I thought Tuck and Whitecross acquitted themselves really well."
Full Story - http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/hawks-overrun-dees/2009/02/21/1234633137087.html?page=2

DETAILS

HAWTHORN

0.4.0 0.5.1 0.5.2 0.11.3 (69)
MELBOURNE

0.4.5 0.5.6 1.8.8 1.8.9 (66)

GOALS — Hawthorn: Roughead 5, Stokes 2, Williams 2, Morton, Dew.

BEST — Hawthorn: Roughead, Mitchell, Tuck, Young, Sewell, Dew.

Round 1 2009 vs Geelong

Travis's fine form in the NAB cup kept going in this game against last years runners up Geelong.

The unfurling of the 2008 Premiership Flag in front of 70,000 people at the 'G' Tucky went to town.

10 kicks, 21 - thats worth writing out TWENTY ONE handballs, 7 marks, 6 hit outs! Going as 3rd man up really helped us win some ball as Taylor & Renouf struggled against the Geelong pair of Blake & Ottens.

2 frees for, 1 against and 3 tackles completed a great nights work for this young man.

Went into the match under a slight injury cloud. Lets hope he can get up and play as well against Sydney this week.

Has been the real shining light for me. Crawf steps out and he puts his hand up to slot right in. Just love the way he goes about his footy and as he gets mroe experience, the quality of his distribution should go from good to very good and he'll become a real thorn for opposition coaches.

Great stuff Tucky.

Update : Round 3

Travis Tuck was back this week after missing last week with an injury. He did not get a lot of the ball but his attack on the footy was first rate when he is in the side it really helps players like Mitchell get a lot more of the ball.

Stats:

Kicks - 5
Handballs - 18
Dis - 23
Eff - 83%
Tackles - 1

Round 6 v Carlton

Kicks 7
Handballs 18
Disposals 25
Marks 6
Tackles 3
Goals 0
Behinds

Hawthorn 5.0 9.2 11.9 16.10 (106)
Carlton 3.2 7.5 11.8 15.12 (102)

GOALS
Hawthorn:
,Roughead 8, Franklin 2, Dew 2, Brown, Osborne, Moss, Williams
Carlton:
Fevola 8, Betts 2, Carrazzo, Scotland, Stevens, O'hAilpin, Simpson

BEST
Hawthorn:
Roughead, Sewell, Lewis,Mitchell, Dowler, Dew
Carlton:
Judd, Fevola, Murphy, Simpson, Carrazzo, Gibbs, Bower

INJURIES
Hawthorn:
Nil
Carlton:
Nil

Reports:
Nil

Umpires:
Margetts, McLaren, Armstrong

Round 7 v Essendon

Kicks 6
Handballs 13
Disposals 19
Marks 6
Tackles 0
Goals 0
Behinds

Essendon 4.2 6.7 12.10 17.14 (116)
Hawthorn 1.8 6.8 9.11 10.12 (72)

GOALS
Essendon: Lloyd 3, Lovett-Murray 3, Monfries 2, Neagle 2, Zaharakis 2, Lonergan, Hocking, Stanton, Bellchambers, Lovett
Hawthorn: Franklin 5, Roughead 2, Dew, Williams, Rioli

BEST
Essendon: Stanton, Monfries, Lloyd, Davey, Winderlich, Pears, Lovett-Murray, Watson
Hawthorn: Rioli, Birchall, Lewis, Franklin

INJURIES
Essendon: Lovett-Murray (corked thigh)
Hawthorn: Bateman (calf)

Reports: Nil

Umpires: Vozzo, Grun, Chamberlain.
Official crowd: 50,475 at Docklands

Round 8 v Fremantle

Kicks 6
Handballs 7
Disposals 13
Marks 1
Tackles 1
Goals 0
Behinds

HAWTHORN 3.2 8.4 11.6 13.9 (87)
FREMANTLE 2.2 3.4 7.8 9.11 (65)

Goals: Hawthorn: L Franklin 4 C Rioli 2 M Williams 2 C Bateman G MossJ RougheadM Osborne S Dew. Fremantle: A Sandilands 2 R Murphy 2 L McPharlin M Johnson M Pavlich P Duffield S Thornton.

Best: Hawthorn: S Mitchell L Franklin C Bateman B McGlynn C Rioli B Sewell. Fremantle: M Pavlich M Johnson A Sandilands P Duffield B Schammer.

Umpires: Craig Hendrie, Matt Stevic, Scott McLaren.

Official Crowd: 39,135 at Subiaco.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...7/default.aspx
List assessment: Hawthorn
By Chris Fagan

Travis Tuck
He played some good consistent VFL football and came into the AFL team where he played some solid games. He is developing along nicely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch 22. Travis Tuck (2007-10)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back