Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 166 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given our discussions with him in 2021, I reckon he has a fairly clear idea of what he's getting into haha. He appears to like a challenge!
Could I suggest ....Balme will report to Silvers, and not Adam Kelly .....he should overview the footy dept, and he can't do that reporting to Kelly

It will make Kelly uncomfortable .....good

It's more about the experience around them and not being able to get better top up players (e.g. recent AFL delistees). That's been an issue with it from day one.
The last 2-3 years prior to this year when we’ve had little injuries, we’ve had a strong side and played deep into finals, this hasn’t translated to development in the AFL, why?

Because the development of our players by the AFL coaches has been shit. We’ve seen it. They prefer experience at any opportunity. They’ll hold the young player back. If they are a young mid they get shunted to the half forward line and get close to zero midfield minutes.

We even have prioritised top up mids in the SANFL over our AFL listed mids. If we have more experienced mids playing it will only be worse.

Throw in shit drafting.

None of this is on the SANFL, none of it. It’s a cop out and a deflection of their shit development and drafting.

The only part I’d accept is the scheduling when our emergencies don’t get to play.

Kelly gone then?
Kelly is doing all the legwork to get Balme into the football department.

Success!

Balme arrives, Day 1.

Kelly: So which office is Balmey in?

Ummm.... yours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROB isn’t that bad in the ruck (I feel like you even conceded that recently), every measure for rucks suggests that. It’s around the ground work which has declined massively since 2020.
look - we dropped Rob to confirm what we thought about Strachanie, who is clearly not good enough. I assume we did this Because Rob has made his desire clear about going to Vic (although he is contracted). So now we know we are in strife, can we just bring ROB back for the remainder of the season to provide some competition as the bounce / throw ins?

I can see Burns going as a start ....the Club will want to attract a senior asst .....don't muck around the edges

Its interesting, publicly the person will be there to help Nicks. I bet privately they would see it as an opportunity to step into a Senior role if things go bad for Nicks.

Surely Kelly is gone.
My take .....when things are good Kelly speaks well & confidently .....when under pressure, his voice has a different octave, and his nervousness comes thru in his speech

He's probably a good backroom footy man ....but not the confident & knowledgeable public face we need

Have you noticed his absence from the media .....he should be front & centre supporting his Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back