Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 166 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rowey got very defensive over the sanfl hindering development of the SA clubs, more fired up over this than the issues at the Crows haha

I've sort of accepted he's going to be here at least for the first part of next year but I can't see the results changing - so it's just another wasted year.
I could see results being a bit better if they properly recruit for the best people in off field roles around him (ie opposite of what we did end of 2023) and we have a better injury run, but still ultimately think this is just treading water. Hope I’m wrong and people like King, McDermott, Blight and others are correct that Nicks is a good senior coach, but I won’t hold my breath.

A rumour from someone with no track record and you’re having a go at Tex? As if he’s actually going to Port, of course that’s false.
You missed my point.

I know it's false but read my post again. It's classic senior player whispers by a nuffy but it gets into FB and the knitting circle goes into panic mode

Caro did say that Nicks definitely hasn’t contacted Montgomery this year and that rumour from Rucci is false. Seemed most adamant that changes will happen to list management and more than likely the coaching panel too (not Nicks).
I can see Burns going as a start ....the Club will want to attract a senior asst .....don't muck around the edges

I could see results being a bit better if they properly recruit for the best people in off field roles around him (ie opposite of what we did end of 2023) and we have a better injury run, but still ultimately think this is just treading water. Hope I’m wrong and people like King, McDermott, Blight and others are correct that Nicks is a good senior coach, but I won’t hold my breath.
The main thing is going to be not only putting smart, Rahilly-type minds next to Nicks, but guys that will challenge him on selection and tactical matters. If you believe what’s said around these parts Hombsch hasn’t been afraid to do so (and should be persisted with), but Burns and VB scream yes-men (particularly from their interviews)

Believe ted-lasso-.gif

Just on the Burns rumours.

I think any club would look at his position and start to consider other options

Especially if the other rumours of assistants wanting the senior assistant label are true.

If the club was continually getting knocked back because I stubbornly supported Burns I would question his value

Rowey got very defensive over the sanfl hindering development of the SA clubs, more fired up over this than the issues at the Crows haha

Caro is spot on though.

Young players need good, experienced players around them to develop. Not Jack Madgen and a bunch of amateur top-ups.

Curtin would have learnt more in a half of AFL than a season in the SANFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I doubt he survives
Burns appears to be the odd man out, outwardly a strange fit, personality wise .....and I'm not sure strategy is a strong point either .....I've not heard otherwise

It was yet another dumb rant by Rowe .....he was saying the Crows had access to 4 rookies in their SANFL squad, and only took 1

Does he not realise, the issue wasn't about adding more rookies to an inexperienced SANFL list .....the issue is adding experience, ex AFL players, that can provide on-field guidence .....that is what the Crows have been denied

Caro on 5AA: Nicks is safe, but there will be changes to ‘coaching panel and list management’
So sounds like Burns and Ogilvy could be the two who we move on. Burns has had a good crack at it now and hasn't delivered. Time to bring in a gun senior assistant from good football program.

Nicks will be gone midway through next year if we have another down year.

The worst thing replacing all our assistants does is push us into finals but never to the level of a contender. Would keep Nicks entrenched while never succeeding and burning the list in the process

I'm convinced Nicks isn't a premiership coach and won't be regardless of his assistants

Neil Balme on the news saying he would take a call from the Crows but not in a full time capacity. It’s a start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excited Lets Go GIF by WWE

The same staistician's at Wheelo do the HTA's for Gawn,Goldstein, Marshall, McInerny etc are you suggesting they apply different methods for ROB compared to the other Rucks?

I got news for ya in that regard....of course they don't.
I’m suggesting you use your eyes.
Of course a hta doesn’t have to be skillfully hit on the chest.
Like a lace out drop punt on the tit of a forward vs a mungrel shank that the forward still gets two.
Both are an effective kick. But one is skill and one is luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back