2024 Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Knowledgable posters of basketball.

I invite you to contribute and enjoy the basketball during and in the

2024 Paris Olympic Games basketball thread (XXXIII Olympiad)

Last edited by a moderator:
What a turd of a move that is for New York. Im assuming they plan to play Bridges at SG? He is just too similar to OG as well in both defense and offensive ways

Just feels like a move out of desperation whereas patience was probably better

What a turd of a move that is for New York. Im assuming they plan to play Bridges at SG? He is just too similar to OG as well in both defense and offensive ways

Just feels like a move out of desperation whereas patience was probably better
Bit of an overpay but turd move is just needless hyperbole.

Cheaper than PG for example, more reliable, can add 15-20 ppg which as we saw in playoffs they needed. Plays 82 games so people won't be run into the ground

Similar to OG sure but he also isn't very expensive. < $25m per year for his quality is pretty handy when guys like Poole earn more

I won't lie and pretend I know how the ins and outs work for draft picks because honestly it goes over my head , aside from seeing a draft order in front of my eyes I don't understand the NBA cap space, contracts, free agent rights and pick swaps etc. I like watching the games and follow the news around the league via that but still haven't wrapped my head that side so I wouldn't have a clue whether we have overpaid or not but clearly its the right move to do given the roster at hand now.

You have to try and go all in with this group don't you? Finish 2nd seed without OG , Randle and Robinson for the crucial part of the season, so close but just need that extra piece.

Could trade for a bigger fish like Embiid etc but what would it cost you player wise you probably lose 3 of the guys you have built this squad around and as good as Brunson has been he isn't an MJ or Lebron that is going to be able to win you the chip on his own. It would have likely cost Randle, Robinson and probably Divencenzo or Hart to even get remotely close to getting an Embiid , Durrant or equivalent type.

Fit and healthy can this team give Boston a shake time will tell but on paper it looks as good as any in the East to compete with them, but still a long way to go and other teams could also add pieces that will make that jump to.

Bit of an overpay but turd move is just needless hyperbole.

Cheaper than PG for example, more reliable, can add 15-20 ppg which as we saw in playoffs they needed. Plays 82 games so people won't be run into the ground

Similar to OG sure but he also isn't very expensive. < $25m per year for his quality is pretty handy when guys like Poole earn more
Not really. Is Bridges a needle mover that takes them to the title? Not in my eyes. I think Donovan Mitchell was/is a needle mover for example that they could have looked to have done for a similar type of price with the addition of losing Divincenzo as well in said trade

I won't lie and pretend I know how the ins and outs work for draft picks because honestly it goes over my head , aside from seeing a draft order in front of my eyes I don't understand the NBA cap space, contracts, free agent rights and pick swaps etc. I like watching the games and follow the news around the league via that but still haven't wrapped my head that side so I wouldn't have a clue whether we have overpaid or not but clearly its the right move to do given the roster at hand now.

You have to try and go all in with this group don't you? Finish 2nd seed without OG , Randle and Robinson for the crucial part of the season, so close but just need that extra piece.

Could trade for a bigger fish like Embiid etc but what would it cost you player wise you probably lose 3 of the guys you have built this squad around and as good as Brunson has been he isn't an MJ or Lebron that is going to be able to win you the chip on his own. It would have likely cost Randle, Robinson and probably Divencenzo or Hart to even get remotely close to getting an Embiid , Durrant or equivalent type.

Fit and healthy can this team give Boston a shake time will tell but on paper it looks as good as any in the East to compete with them, but still a long way to go and other teams could also add pieces that will make that jump to.
You think Suns would say no to Divincenzo + Robinson + 7 draft picks for Durant?

I think they take that for example with Durant a better fit then Bridges

Not really. Is Bridges a needle mover that takes them to the title? Not in my eyes. I think Donovan Mitchell was/is a needle mover for example that they could have looked to have done for a similar type of price with the addition of losing Divincenzo as well in said trade
The same Donny who never did anything with a good Utah team and then Cavs team being the main guy on both? He doesnt defend either plus more expensive. Way more bullish on this Bridges move as I would be getting Donny tbh

The same Donny who never did anything with a good Utah team and then Cavs team being the main guy on both? He doesnt defend either plus more expensive. Way more bullish on this Bridges move as I would be getting Donny tbh
Both teams are complete ass in comparison to what New York would have around him. Not even sure he is the more suitable option

Id expect that Durant was the better get when I think about it.

I would much rather Bridges on this Knicks team compared to Brunson and Mitchell together

Both teams are complete ass in comparison to what New York would have around him. Not even sure he is the more suitable option

Id expect that Durant was the better get when I think about it.
KD is old and way more expensive salary wise. Less than 25m a year for Bridges is much more flexibility and reliability given he plays every game.

I view picks as pretty overrated tbh. Wiseman went at 2 and Haliburton 9 or whatever, its a bit of a lottery. Its not like they're trading Wemby like picks away here. Keeping the core together and adding a very good player is a great result

The OG Anunoby stats are interesting. They were 20-2 with him during the regular season and without him basically .500 average. Even in the playoffs they went 6-3 with him and 1-3 without him.

So adding Bridges as well, that roster healthy might be better than we think. A way to look at the trade I had not though of is are they overpaying for Bridges or paying what they think will get them to competing 1st seed and a legit contender?

How many 1st rounders would you give for a ring?

KD is old and way more expensive salary wise. Less than 25m a year for Bridges is much more flexibility and reliability given he plays every game.

I view picks as pretty overrated tbh. Wiseman went at 2 and Haliburton 9 or whatever, its a bit of a lottery. Its not like they're trading Wemby like picks away here. Keeping the core together and adding a very good player is a great result
You said it though. He is a very good player. He just isnt someone id bank on as if he was a star or a missing piece.

Id say they are trying to get there Jrue Holiday before they have there 1/2 punch in Tatum/Brown basically. They are 1 player short

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Furphy-Refreshing-Ale-375mL-Bottle-SPRITZ-1_1200x1200.png

Mikal was born to be a 17/4/4 guy who racks up all-defensive team honours year after year. The past 18 months have kept him from his destiny. Good for him.

Other interesting part of the Bridges trade is the sperate trade between the Nets and Rockets. Apparently the Rockets have made the pick swap to allow them the ability to trade for Kevin Durant.

It would be more Booker expecting Suns to have to blow it up given age of the squad and their likely want to have their own picks back.

Feel like the Knicks could have almost had their pick of player with that draft package, but instead settled for off-the-charts chemistry and vibes. But respect them going for it.

Nets finally get a chance to reset, massive win for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back