• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Another wonderful first round success. And to think that we gave up the opportunity to take Weddell who would have fitted our needs far more than Konstanty.

Weddle might have been good but he’s played most as a tall mid for the Hawks. How’s he getting a spot in our midfield? That draft was heavily impacted with unforeseen circumstances, hardly going to blame the club on this one.

I don't think Konstanty is finished. You can see the talent is there, and the will, but he just hasn't found his confidence yet.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
I haven't seen much of him so who knows but reading the comments I'm not hearing confidence, I'm hearing unmotivated. He came to us as a pressure forward. Not hearing that.

I said it before, but everything is aligning for Parker's first game back to be the Grand Final replacing Adams.

Which would be a disgusting call. Adams is a huge part of why we’re 12-1. Parker isn’t.

He’s had the chance to build and potentially be in the team already and he decided to send a guy to hospital instead. No I don’t think it was his intention but he got himself into this position and Adams shouldn’t suffer just because he happens to be fit and available at the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read somewhere today - I think it was on SEN and quoting Damian Barrett, for good or for bad - that the clubs squealing loudest about the possibility of changes coming in this year are those who are just set to benefit most this year, and that clubs haven’t been kept in the dark as much as they claim.

Whenever a change is made, some clubs will feel miffed that they missed out on the cheaper prices. That will happen regardless.

I doubt we have much cause to feel miffed if the changes are brought in this year, given we have benefitted in the past. And I doubt it will affect our capacity to pay this year given the picks we have and the players we might want to select.

I don’t have much sympathy for Brisbane being miffed this year just because they have to pay more for Ashcroft. I think Carlton have a stronger case, but hey, it’s Carlton, so who cares? And with them a likely top four finisher, if the same restrictions applied to FS picks as apply to academy picks, they’d only have priority access to one Camporeale in the top 20 anyway.

Good to see him run out his career at one club.
Pretty sure he was drafted to the lions and was part of that group of 5 young players that walked out on them.

I definitely don’t like the timing for these changes - are they that urgent they can’t wait 12 more months?

I like the intent but also don’t love the details. Why arbitrarily cutoff points values at pick 40? Why not just gets the points curve right, and increase value at top end then gradually taper off?

It’s like they don’t like the optics of teams using multiple late picks to match, rather than the value of those multiple picks not reflecting the higher draft pick. If that’s the case, just get rid of the points system then!

I definitely don’t like the timing for these changes - are they that urgent they can’t wait 12 more months?

I like the intent but also don’t love the details. Why arbitrarily cutoff points values at pick 40? Why not just gets the points curve right, and increase value at top end then gradually taper off?

It’s like they don’t like the optics of teams using multiple late picks to match, rather than the value of those multiple picks not reflecting the higher draft pick. If that’s the case, just get rid of the points system then!
One simple way would be that you can use no more than 2 picks to match (regardless of discounts etc). Assuming a steeper curve you have to use picks closer to the one you're matching. No more little fish for a top ten pick.
If someone picks your bloke at Pick 38 and you have a zero value pick 45 you're stuffed.
Lots of wrinkles. Should cut off at the spot where there are rarely any more picks. A long taper with low value, too low to use for a high value pick.
Get an actuary onto it

One simple way would be that you can use no more than 2 picks to match (regardless of discounts etc). Assuming a steeper curve you have to use picks closer to the one you're matching. No more little fish for a top ten pick.
If someone picks your bloke at Pick 38 and you have a zero value pick 45 you're stuffed.
Lots of wrinkles. Should cut off at the spot where there are rarely any more picks. A long taper with low value, too low to use for a high value pick.
Get an actuary onto it
Give me champions points data for all picks over the last 20 years (or however far it goes back), and I’ll give the AFL the model for free.

Give me champions points data for all picks over the last 20 years (or however far it goes back), and I’ll give the AFL the model for free.
I think that would give a flatter curve, not a steeper one.

I can provide a reference for that assertion except I’m in bed and it’s too cold to ease out from under my doona and go downstairs to visit my bookshelves.

I preferred the idea where the first pick had to be within 10 or so of the bid however I do like this one in theory. The curve value should be fixed now though honestly times the top 10 by 1.5 and you start to get a better system.

I read somewhere today - I think it was on SEN and quoting Damian Barrett, for good or for bad - that the clubs squealing loudest about the possibility of changes coming in this year are those who are just set to benefit most this year, and that clubs haven’t been kept in the dark as much as they claim.

Whenever a change is made, some clubs will feel miffed that they missed out on the cheaper prices. That will happen regardless.

I doubt we have much cause to feel miffed if the changes are brought in this year, given we have benefitted in the past. And I doubt it will affect our capacity to pay this year given the picks we have and the players we might want to select.

I don’t have much sympathy for Brisbane being miffed this year just because they have to pay more for Ashcroft. I think Carlton have a stronger case, but hey, it’s Carlton, so who cares? And with them a likely top four finisher, if the same restrictions applied to FS picks as apply to academy picks, they’d only have priority access to one Camporeale in the top 20 anyway.

Carlton have Walker's kid in a couple of years, they're more worried about that than the Camporeale boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back