2012 injuries and suspensions - reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Breaking news- johnno Brown

****!

How is that bloke (and my SC)'s luck?

Re: J Brown and J Grimes Injured

dunno doubt you guys but there go my 2 midprice risks... back to the drawing board

Brown injures face in collision
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n-jonathan-brown/story-e6frf9jf-1226285001539

Grimes injures shoulder
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/grimes-hurt-at-demons-training/story-e6frf9jf-1226284941677

Grimes was never in my team and he seems to be the more serious of the 2.

I had Brown and will watch this closely. Not a certain to miss round 1, and given it's not soft tissue, may not have too many repercussions.

That said, would be keen to see the footage of the collision. If it was soft contact id be worried about it happening again, given his recent history.

the most optimistic outlook for j brown is that he probably wont miss round 1 but will miss a week or two of training. that's enough for me, im out.

the most optimistic outlook for j brown is that he probably wont miss round 1 but will miss a week or two of training. that's enough for me, im out.

The only reason he remains in consideration for me is the fact that apparently (being the key word here) it was unrelated to his other injuries.

If that really is the case, it doesn't really concern me as much. Brown will push himself to play, we all know that, and he has had a very good pre season. This injury isn't going to set back his fitness that much.

I am trying to be optimistic. :p

The only reason he remains in consideration for me is the fact that apparently (being the key word here) it was unrelated to his other injuries.

If that really is the case, it doesn't really concern me as much. Brown will push himself to play, we all know that, and he has had a very good pre season. This injury isn't going to set back his fitness that much.

I am trying to be optimistic. :p

that herald sun article has just been updated, now says brown will miss at least 6 weeks

Was silly enough to have Grimes in my side. As Captain, thought he'd harden up.

He and Brown quickly sacked from my sides

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grimes is only out for 2 weeks which is good news.

Even if he is only out for 2 weeks (which I doubt), Grimes is clearly - and sadly - a man of straw. Cannot pick with any confidence whatsoever and he's no bargain at close to $400k. If he fires, he'll hardly get away from you

JB was poor even before his face got smashed last year. No, and a r3 return would be a best case scenario

The bloke is basically busted up. Avoid

Even if he is only out for 2 weeks (which I doubt), Grimes is clearly - and sadly - a man of straw. Cannot pick with any confidence whatsoever and he's no bargain at close to $400k. If he fires, he'll hardly get away from you

JB was poor even before his face got smashed last year. No, and a r3 return would be a best case scenario

The bloke is basically busted up. Avoid
He got his face smashed in round 1. Or are you talking about the 2nd time?!?

Yep, it's now clear that there 2 are full avoid. Just hope Higgins breaks down soon, for everyones sake.

No team should have either of these 2 players anyway. Pretty annoyed they got injured because all the teams picking them up would have had no chance of winning.

for those interested;

ROK is set to miss round 1 with bone brusing in his lower leg. Herald Sun reporting 3-6weeks

Lake is quoted as saying (herald sun) that he may have to play for williamstown at the start of the season to gain match fitness

No team should have either of these 2 players anyway. Pretty annoyed they got injured because all the teams picking them up would have had no chance of winning.

That's a load of crap!! JB is still a good enough player to score many hundreds if he didn't get knocked in the head all the time! Can score those big 150 scores. and is cheap.

Now having said that I won't pick him now after this injury, but prior to this week he was a massive lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back