2010 Membership tally

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to renew my membership this week, now that all of the Christmas festivities have finished. Haven't really noticed anywhere what our current membership numbers are like when compared to the same time last year. Has anyone spoken to the membership department and asked the question, or someone who might be in the know have any sort of idea?

Funny you should ask this!! I received a phone call from the club 2 weeks ago and i was shocked when the misses came into the room and said "Its the Carlton football club for you" handing me the phone... I was like yeah right thinking she was joking!! Anyway they were ringing to sell raffle tickets at $200 each and 1st prize was 15k or a new Hyundai with only 1,000 tickets in the draw, i declined saying i have not renewed my membership yet and this $200 was a massive dent in the membership costs for me and i couldnt afford both at this stage. I then asked her what our current figure was and she told me that we are on pace for a record year and 4k up on this stage last year but she didnt give me an actual figure.

I am sure it will come out soon after the Xmas rush and spending has finished.

Funny you should ask this!! I received a phone call from the club 2 weeks ago and i was shocked when the misses came into the room and said "Its the Carlton football club for you" handing me the phone... I was like yeah right thinking she was joking!! Anyway they were ringing to sell raffle tickets at $200 each and 1st prize was 15k or a new Hyundai with only 1,000 tickets in the draw, i declined saying i have not renewed my membership yet and this $200 was a massive dent in the membership costs for me and i couldnt afford both at this stage. I then asked her what our current figure was and she told me that we are on pace for a record year and 4k up on this stage last year but she didnt give me an actual figure.

Seriously, what planet do they live on down at Carlton if they are trying to flog off $200 raffle tickets to the average supporter?

They ring me for the same thing each year - I wouldn't spend $200 on a raffle ticket in a fit ($50 at absolute maximum, maybe). Nor, would I imagine, would most ordinary workers who put their hard-earned towards a membership.

(Although I could be wrong.....:eek: ).

I wouldn't spend $200 on a raffle ticket in a fit ($50 at absolute maximum, maybe). Nor, would I imagine, would most ordinary workers who put their hard-earned towards a membership.

Exactly how i feel about it. :thumbsu:

Thanks for that Chism. I know last year the club put the membership counter up on the website after Christmas, so i'm hoping they will do the same thing this year.

I was going to renew my membership online, however, I might call them and ask them how we are going.

Guys - I'm going to get my membership for the first time since i left for the USA (don't worry, the CFC have gotten more than membership type $ from me in the meantime).

I'm just not sure what membership of their seemingly endless membership types is right for me.

* I can get to just about all Melbourne games.
* I may or may not (probably not this year) get to some interstate (SA, NSW, QLD) games
* I need to be able to purchase finals tickets.
* I don't really care where I sit at either stadium (though level 2 at Etihad is my favorite spot to see an AFL game).

Any help? Much appreciated.

I am staggered that we are 4000 members up on this time last year.
I really thought our membership would dip, especially with Fev being sacked and the fallout from the booze cruise.
Time will tell though i spose.

* I can get to just about all Melbourne games.
* I may or may not (probably not this year) get to some interstate (SA, NSW, QLD) games
* I need to be able to purchase finals tickets.
* I don't really care where I sit at either stadium (though level 2 at Etihad is my favorite spot to see an AFL game).

You'll want a 17 game membership then which gets you a pass to every Melbourne game. You can organise interstate tickets with the club a few weeks before each game.

Regarding finals tickets, you are guaranteed a finals ticket to any game save the GF in any membership category. You need to be a captains club member or club 17 member to be guaranteed a GF ticket.

If you don't care where you sit, just get a GA seating membership. I'd recommend these two memberships to you:

1) Captains club silver 17 games - gets you guaranteed finals and GF tickets if we make it, and general admission seating to every Melbourne game. You also get the perks of being in the social club. Adult is $519.

2) Football silver 17 games - gauranteed access to every final save the GF, and general admin to every Melbourne game. Adult is $279.

I'd get the 2nd option as it's a fair price for the first, and it's highly unlikely we'll make the GF in 2010. Maybe shell out for the better membership after we're in the top 4.

I wonder how many of the 4K are just people like me who had to renew their membership before Dec 18 (I think that was the cut-off) to keep their reserved seats for next year.

But even so, it was the same policy last year, so if we're up on last year's figure, that can only be a good thing!

Any help? Much appreciated.
By the way Y2J, reserved seat membership would probably get you on level 2 at Docklands in 2010, there seemed to be plenty of vacant spots around us last year. Of course, this assumes that they aren't held by people with loads of cash, who buy seats but don't make it to many games. But the same ones seemed to be empty every week.

I re-newed mine earlier then normal this year (bit of a pain with xmas and all) to hold onto my reserved seats which the missus and i are happy with.

Mail i get sez we're around the 22k mark, with a heap over the break to get through.

Would be great to get past the 45k mark and nudge 50k after having near 44k this year.

I re-newed mine earlier then normal this year (bit of a pain with xmas and all) to hold onto my reserved seats which the missus and i are happy with.

Mail i get sez we're around the 22k mark, with a heap over the break to get through.

Would be great to get past the 45k mark and nudge 50k after having near 44k this year.

Can't see us getting another 15% on last year.

45K next year would be great

Thanks for the update.
Any chance you could find out if the club are actually going to put a membership counter up on the website?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw these stats on the CFC website, the 3 to 10 year stat is interesting, show;s that we;re not bandwagoners, and we;ve rallied around the club when needed the most. :thumbsu:

Carlton Football Club membership breakdown
years of membership membership
1-2 years 13,670
3-10 years 21,394
11-20 years 5231
21-30 years 949
31-40 years 645
41-50 years 305
51-60 years 179
61+ years 157
unknown 2208

Just saw these stats on the CFC website, the 3 to 10 year stat is interesting, show;s that we;re not bandwagoners, and we;ve rallied around the club when needed the most. :thumbsu:

Carlton Football Club membership breakdown
years of membership membership
1-2 years 13,670
3-10 years 21,394
11-20 years 5231
21-30 years 949
31-40 years 645
41-50 years 305
51-60 years 179
61+ years 157
unknown 2208

What sucks is that I'll get knocked back to the 1-2 year stat when in reality I was a member from about 1989 (aged 9) through to 2005 (when I left for the USA).

What sucks is that I'll get knocked back to the 1-2 year stat when in reality I was a member from about 1989 (aged 9) through to 2005 (when I left for the USA).

Doubt it - I haven't been a member every year since 1981 but that's the year on my card.

I just joined up my 1 day old son as a baby blue member today.

He arrived yesterday weighing 8 pounds and measuring 52.5cms. Give it another 18 years and we may have the KPF the blues have been looking for.

I reckon he has already got more carlton stuff than bulldog the property man at princes park. :thumbsu:

He arrived yesterday weighing 8 pounds and measuring 52.5cms. Give it another 18 years and we may have the KPF the blues have been looking for.

I reckon he has already got more carlton stuff than bulldog the property man at princes park. :thumbsu:

Hats off, bb25! Congratulations to the 3 of you. :thumbsu: On an equally serious note, can he kick both feet? :)

Well done BB25, Congratulations mate. Another Blues supporter enters the world. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Membership tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back