Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - 23AA/24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh it’s a very popular opinion. The only person I’ve seen arguing otherwise is nostrils. I can see how it seems unpopular though as nostrils posts about it a thousand times per thread
He's not the only one who doesn't rate Pink. Personally I'm yet to be convinced - but he is improving every game. Its a massive step up from the SANFL and he seems to be developing the extra pace, mental speed and fitness that he'll need to play a role.

Don’t get me wrong ferbs, I am far from convinced, but he’s doing enough right now and helping to make our forward line look semi functional. Baby steps!
You can't argue with the improvement he's making, both to the side structurally and in his own individual performance.

Sit 19th for North's goal kickers. Will move into top 10 65 more goals. Sometime next year you'd think.

Where do we think he'll finish up? If he plays ~250 games probably a top 3 finish???

Look at those behinds compared to others too.

As we improve he'll benefit too!!

View attachment 2017587
I said to a mate, last year, that I thought he’d go ahead of Longmire on our list, but it was quite dependent on how long it took us to improve as a unit.
I know he dominated last season in a crap side, but over the journey, that type of form is hard to sustain unless there’s improvement in the side as a whole.
250 games? I think, when you look at his build and the fact he doesn’t seem to cop too many injuries, he’ll go closer to 300 and if he maintains that accuracy, he should motor into 2nd spot by careers end.

Oh it’s a very popular opinion. The only person I’ve seen arguing otherwise is nostrils. I can see how it seems unpopular though as nostrils posts about it a thousand times per thread
If nostrils posts it 9 times out of 10 it's just flat out wrong.

Don’t get me wrong ferbs, I am far from convinced, but he’s doing enough right now and helping to make our forward line look semi functional. Baby steps!
he's one of the worst players ive ever seen when he was in defence but to be fair at least he's creating a contest when forward and is helping structurally

that's a pretty ****ing low bar though and the sooner we can replace him with someone who can actually take contested marks and hit the scoreboard, the better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn’t drink.
Said something along the lines of had one or two on Mad Monday just to be social, but doesn’t care for it.

I think Logue, Finbar, Arch, Paul Curtis, Lukey Mc & Powelly would all be good for a beer too.
But I actually think I should change my third spot to Eddie Ford.

1. Chom
2. Souv
3. Elvis

Cornes giving us flowers recently - what is going on?

As North improves, and Larkey kicking 9 over the past fortnight, Johnson really thinks Larkey might only have 12 to 17 goals in him in the next 10? Johnson basically says Larkey is a top 5 forward in the league, but either he made his last point too strongly or is pretty poor at basic math.

Cornes giving us flowers recently - what is going on?

As North improves, and Larkey kicking 9 over the past fortnight, Johnson really thinks Larkey might only have 12 to 17 goals in him in the next 10? Johnson basically says Larkey is a top 5 forward in the league, but either he made his last point too strongly or is pretty poor at basic math.
As much as we hate him he's not that stupid. He can see what's building and he wants to be the first to call it in the media.

as much as i love him, he's absolutely not better than Charlie Curnow. There's a definite case to be made that he's top 3 though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back