Official Match Thread Season 34, Round 12: Coney Island Warriors vs Roys FFC at Van Cordlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

ciw vs roy.png
And so we reach the penultimate home and away round of Season 34 of the Sweet FA. The weather has warmed, the flowers are blooming, strategic media drops for beez votes is occurring and for some clubs (Warriors, I might mean you), planning for Mad Monday is well and truly underway.

THE SEASON THUS FAR:

Warriors- snapped a three match losing streak with a win last round:

Lucky many of the folk at Coney Island love a beer or six because they’ll have needed it this season. The Warriors season has never got going after starting with four losses. Despite the negativity of the win-loss record, it has been a significant year for the orange with many of the rookies and recruits proving to be very successful on field and off. This season has also seen Tonga Bob have a corker of a season in the ruck and less reliance through the middle on TheInjuryFactory. Scoring though is a worry though averaging a league worst 88.1 points per match.

Roys- on a five-match winning streak:

What can you say? The reigning premiers are undoubtedly the premiership favourites right now. The Roys season hit some issues with three consecutive losses in rounds 4 to 6 but since then haven’t really come close to losing since (the round 7 scoreboard flattered the Gumbies). The Roys are going so well that their captain, TedDougChris hasn’t even cracked the side. TDC’s team selections have been marginally baffling though with star defender Zevon playing forward and star forward Mooch playing defence. Maybe too much ‘crushed up anti-inflamatories’ is being consumed in the clubrooms?

within reach.jpg
Top spot…it’s within reach. Is it too early for the Roys to dream of a back-to-back triumph?

small things.jpg
One can only assume that the Warriors are Blink-182 fans as all they’ll be doing come finals is watching, waiting, commiserating.

LAST TIME THEY MET:

Season 33, Round 11. Roys by 20 points- 15.9.99 to 12.7.79.

STATTY STUFF:

pantskyle is having a superb season not dropping below 51 Dreamteam points in a match
Mofra is having their career best year in most statistical categories- exemplified by a career best 23 disposals last weekend.
The Roys are the most accurate team in the league- 64.71%
Wosh must have been making cakes for the qumpires this season with an equal league leading 38 frees for.

ROOKIE WATCH:

Coney Island have recruited many rookies for this season as part of an impressive rejuvenation of the joint. SBYM and spudmaster have shared a wing or half forward flank spot this season with both acquitting themselves well in either spot. FurTheWin meanwhile has played a selfless role inside fifty for the Warriors as a forward pocket while making the most of rare scoring opportunities kicking a very accurate 13.1 this season.

The Roys have one rookie- the Crown beer drinking, dentist in DERRINALPHIL who has been carving up in the ruck since round three. Averaging ~11.5 hitouts per match, their matchup with Tonga Bob is going to be contest to watch this weekend.

BABY BYE BYE BYE:

This week, the Swamprats have the bye. Expect some gatecrashing from the folk of Sin City.

AND FINALLY:

A joke for the road- did you honestly think I could resist?

How do you know how hot a red hot chilli pepper is?

Give it a weigh, give it a weigh now.

Enjoy your week.

Skippers, please get your valid team sheet submitted before the deadline of 11:59pm AEDST this Thursday.

Last edited:
Wosh zackah
Academy Awards Film GIF by CBS

Wanna help your old team out and keep us in the running for finals?

We're skipping Mad Monday and having Tremendous Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Thrombosis Thursday, and Fantasmagorical Friday instead.

How do you know how hot a red hot chilli pepper is?

Give it a weigh, give it a weigh now.
Makes no sense. Chillis are measured in SHUs, not grams.

You snorted that chilli, didn't you?

giphy%20%2838%29_o8vt3f.gif

Could I ask for a bit of info on the history of the Warriors as they will be historyif we have another win.

Being a keen player of footy and cricket but hopeless I have never played in five six winning games in a row. I suspect mentioning this ruins our chance of going to six in a row

OGC.5a8f27d75be571f2dbec6df2558b87aa

Being a keen player of footy and cricket but hopeless I have never played in five six winning games in a row. I suspect mentioning this ruins our chance of going to six in a row
lecy goranson we could be the same person GIF by Roseanne

Could I ask for a bit of info on the history of the Warriors as they will be historyif we have another win.

OGC.5a8f27d75be571f2dbec6df2558b87aa
Going for six wins in a row? Mate we'd settle for that many possessions in a row!
I'll let someone more experienced give you the rundown of all our premierships thus far...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back