Official Match Thread Season 34 Round 9: West Coast Wonders vs Coney Island Warriors at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
ejwcount-png.1519200

Hello and welcome to this weeks match thread, an EJW Countdown Special Event. I spoke to Molly, and he is absolutely fine with my blatant rip off of his life’s work.

1664231582356.png VS 1664231591971.png

WEST COAST WONDERS

With the West Coast Wonders, unlike with some teams where players names have given me inspiration, I found none. They just don’t inspire me. BUT, their team name does. West Coast is one of two teams where the names have cultural significance when it comes to music, in this case West Coast Hip Hop. Gangsta Rap and its sub genre G Funk were huge from the late 80s onwards. None of the current squad give off any hard vibes, although I would like to see Brenton Davy in some colours, that would be cool. And I'm sorry SSwans2011 for not posting some deeper cuts, but it's for the masses, not aficionados like yourself. ClarkeM if you need an explanation of what I just said to SSwans, just ask him. It won't hurt, the first cut is the deepest.

Here are 3 classic tracks:

CONEY ISLAND WARRIORS

Unlike the insipid Wonders, the Warriors provided loads of inspiration. First up, Piggy Smalls, A.K.A The Notorious P.I.G.

We got an East v West Coast WAR here!!

Next up we have PhatBoy Slim with one of the great film clips featuring the great Christopher Walken.

And last, but not least, here’s Tonga Bob Marley with the classic Three Little Birds

I’m tipping the Wazzas by Three Little Goals.

Captains, please have your teamsheets in by 11.59pm Thursday night

1664230451926-png.1519201

Warriors are hot off a win last week. Instead of having a holiday with the bye we played the inaugural warriors from yesteryear, dragging most out of the Valhalla Retirement Home.

So we're match ready, not lazy bums like most bye teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok Wonders! 3 in a row so let’s make it 4 before the bye!

1 - SM
2 - AnUltimateRessie
3 - Brenton Davy (Co-Captain)
5 - SSwans2011
6 - craffles
7 - dogs105
8 - BallaratBulldog
9 - Golumless
13 - NinjaSwan (LG)
14 - SunshineBoy
17 - SweetD
18 - LukeParkerno1