Official Match Thread Season 34, Round 3 - Coney Island Warriors vs Dragons FFC at Van Cordlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

warriors-good-logo-png.1465813

vs

dragons-logo-png.1320744

Let's start with a little bit of humour:

A man is walking along the beach one day, when he looks down and sees a partially buried lamp in the sand. He picks it up and gives it a bit of a rub. Out pops a genie, who is immediately eternally grateful, "Oh mate - you have no idea how good it is to be out of that thing after 1000 years. Anything you want, it's yours."

The man thinks for a moment, and then says, "I want to live forever."

The genie shakes his head and says, "I'm sorry, but I can't grant you eternal life."

The man thinks for a few more seconds, and then says, "OK - I'd like to live until the Warriors win a premiership."

The genie says, "You sly bastard!!!"

Let's take a close look at this week's big game:

Warriors v Dragons

One of these teams will be 0-3 after this week, so it’s a must win for both teams.

Warriors

After being humbled by the Bombers in round 1, a 15 goal smashing from the Gumbies was the last thing they needed.

Who’s hot?

pantskyle – 21 possessions and 5 tackles is a damn fine performance from someone who plays for a team that just got humbled

Mofra – as above with pantskyle, Mofra thrived in tough circumstances, gathering 18 possessions and 10 marks

Who’s not?

TubbsFarquhar had a day he'd rather forget - only touching the ball twice. He'll need to lift his game this week, if his team is to break its duck.

Freofalcon was another who went missing, gathering only 5 possessions.

Dragons

Were the Dragons ambushed by the Rats? The Swampies hadn’t beaten the Dragons since Robert Menzies was our prime minister (OK slight exaggeration), so there might be some weight to that argument.

Who’s hot?

Hatchy1992 – doubled his goal tally with another 6, thereby announcing himself as one to watch for the Fred Medal.

Pie 4 Life – 21 possessions and 6 tackles was a good day out for the veteran

Who’s not?

Blaze Storm – he went missing in the match thread, and did the same during the game, only touching the ball twice.

Strigoi- Just 1 hit out and 6 possessions was well down on her usual output

Who wins?

With the way my tipping has gone lately, feel free to take my prognostication with a grain of salt. One of these teams has to break its duck - I think it'll be the Dragons by 4 points.

Captains - please submit your team sheets by 11:59pm on Thursday

A man is walking along the beach one day, when he looks down and sees a partially buried lamp in the sand. He picks it up and gives it a bit of a rub. Out pops a genie, who is immediately eternally grateful, "Oh mate - you have no idea how good it is to be out of that thing after 1000 years. Anything you want, it's yours."

The genie shakes his head and says, "I'm sorry, but I can't grant you eternal life."

The man thinks for a few more seconds, and then says, "OK - I'd like to live until the Warriors win a premiership."

joke GIF

They aint seen nothing yet. Reckon this is the weekend where you and your partner in crime DragoDelph really go to town on the hapless Warriors.
It wouldn’t be the first time…

Laughter Laughing GIF

While both teams may be sitting zip and two, the two sides could not have faced more opposing starts.
The Dragons, yet to leave their home ground, are finally being made to travel to a hostile venue for the first time this season, while the Warriors are very much looking forward to playing their first home game of the year.

As usual, we've seen a lot of huffing and puffing from the Dragons, who like to think of themselves as the Drogons, Rhaegals and Viserions of the kingdom, while their performances to date have resulted in little more than hot air more associated with Spyro or Charmander.

To put in bluntly, they may think they're hot, but they're packing about as much heat as Nando's lemon and herb marinade.

Warriors to romp it in on their home deck!

Expectation:
season 7 fire GIF by Game of Thrones

Reality:
dragon playstation GIF

Last edited:
"OK - I'd like to live until the Warriors win a premiership."
Gave this one a run last week and thought you'd give it another crack hey? Think this is the first time I've ever seen you go back to the well twice.

vs

dragons-logo-png.1320744

Warriors v Dragons

One of these teams will be 0-3 after this week, so it’s a must win for both teams.

Warriors

After being humbled by the Bombers in round 1, a 15 goal smashing from the Gumbies was the last thing they needed.

Who’s hot?

pantskyle – 21 possessions and 5 tackles is a damn fine performance from someone who plays for a team that just got humbled

Mofra – as above with pantskyle, Mofra thrived in tough circumstances, gathering 18 possessions and 10 marks

Who’s not?

TubbsFarquhar had a day he'd rather forget - only touching the ball twice. He'll need to lift his game this week, if his team is to break its duck.

Dragons

Were the Dragons ambushed by the Rats? The Swampies hadn’t beaten the Dragons since Robert Menzies was our prime minister (OK slight exaggeration), so there might be some weight to that argument.

Who’s hot?

Hatchy1992 – doubled his goal tally with another 6, thereby announcing himself as one to watch for the Fred Medal.

Who’s not?

Blaze Storm – he went missing in the match thread, and did the same during the game, only touching the ball twice.

Who wins?

With the way my tipping has gone lately, feel free to take my prognostication with a grain of salt. One of these teams has to break its duck - I think it'll be the Dragons by 4 points.

Season 1 Fake Laugh GIF by Living Single

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Warriors, how's it hanging?
Greetings. Leftish.

And what the heck is with Monday night game Fred's? Tuesday morning is far more civilised

vs

dragons-logo-png.1320744

Warriors v Dragons

Warriors

Who’s hot?

Who’s not?

Dragons

Who’s hot?

Who’s not?

Who wins?

39294CBA-556F-4854-B84B-9A9A3072B69D.gif

Hey, its you. someone who can't handle opposing views. Also known as current problems with society.
I can’t remember what your opinion was that I thought was really dumb, was it writing JL off basically when he was hired? Did you also have an opinion Pat Cummins was overrated?

Are quality opinions like this a requirement to join the Dragons? If so, I’d like to hear some more bazingas…

I can’t remember what your opinion was that I thought was really dumb, was it writing JL off basically when he was hired? Did you also have an opinion Pat Cummins was overrated?

Are quality opinions like this a requirement to join the Dragons? If so, I’d like to hear some more bazingas like this
People can have opinions that can be wrong you know? And I accept that can be the case and therefore I don't abuse people unlike yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back