Official Match Thread Season 33 - Round 10: Gumbies FFC vs East Side Phoenix at The House of Gumby (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

gumbies.png EastSidePhoenixLogo300px.png
1st V 3rd

Key Team Stats

718 Points Against (Best in the league) V 822 Points Against (5th in the league)

Key Players

Chipmunk (ESP) 205 disposals (3rd in the league), 58 tackles (3rd in the league)

Agent93 (ESP) 197 disposals (4th in the league), 57 marks (Best in the league)

Itsmyshow (ESP) 39 goals (equal 3rd in the league)

Brick Loosener (GUM) 183 disposals (10th in the league)

Rodney Dangerfield (GUM) 98 hitouts (6th in the league)

eDPS (GUM) 102 kicks (6th in the league)

GWS Goose (GUM) 48 tackles (9th in the league), 721 DT (5th in the league)

A top of the ladder clash to show if each team really has what it takes to make it deep into finals at season's end. This game will be won or lost in defence with Gumbies being the most restrictive team in the competition so far. Phoenix will have to find a way around this defence if their FRED medal hopeful wants to keep kicking goals. East Side have one of the best duo midfielders in the league with a high disposal count and consistent inside/outside game. I think Gumbies might be just too strong in defence.

Gumbies by 16 points

And now a brief message from our sponsor...

Do you want an admin that will never respond to your PMs because his is filled with bangers? Do you want an admin that will step away from the league once every couple of games? Do you want an admin that has previously done a worse job than NaturalDisaster ?
If you answered no to all of these then vote 1 for Barrybran

bb4a.jpg
You know it's the right thing to do.

#AD

Captains please have your team sheets submitted before Deadline on Thursday

Thanks for the OP DenieD and we welcome to visit to the house of gummy’s.

Our elite midfield is hitting their straps this year though. I envision us as the Lions and you guys more like Carlton who will inevitably fall away when it matters.

You’ve also missed one key point. Chipmunk moving me down back where I can’t ruin the passages of play has led to a huge uptick in success for us. That’s the real “player to watch”

Phoenix by 8 in a thriller!

Thanks for the OP DenieD and we welcome to visit to the house of gummy’s.

Our elite midfield is hitting their straps this year though. I envision us as the Lions and you guys more like Carlton who will inevitably fall away when it matters.

You’ve also missed one key point. Chipmunk moving me down back where I can’t ruin the passages of play has led to a huge uptick in success for us. That’s the real “player to watch”

Phoenix by 8 in a thriller!
Midfield doesn't matter if you can't get through our defending. And our back 6 this season is elite.

Midfield doesn't matter if you can't get through our defending. And our back 6 this season is elite.

Eh, you can keep your back 6 as tight as a nuns youknowwhat, we’ll just score through porps and chippers over the top from the arc 😉

Eh, you can keep your back 6 as tight as a nuns youknowwhat, we’ll just score through porps and chippers over the top from the arc 😉
From my experience, nuns are actually very loose.

Pro tip: Tell them you are the reincarnation of Jesus Christ and if you don't sleep with someone in the next hour you will be banished back to the afterlife.

From my experience, nuns are actually very loose.

Pro tip: Tell them you are the reincarnation of Jesus Christ and if you don't sleep with someone in the next hour you will be banished back to the afterlife.

Oof - that sounds like a BLUEALLTHRU tactic to me!

Given that’s a ‘Pro Tip’, do tell: Success rate?

I apologise in advance on behalf of the Gumbies for destroying you guys so bad that the only option is to replace the Phoenix with the OOB. Benefit is that we wont have any byes. We will accept porps, Chippys and Melons resumes in advance.

Thankyou for your time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I apologise in advance on behalf of the Gumbies for destroying you guys so bad that the only option is to replace the Phoenix with the OOB. Benefit is that we wont have any byes. We will accept porps, Chippys and Melons resumes in advance.

Thankyou for your time.

I didn’t realise the Gumbies appointed you their new Court Jester?

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Time to move to top spot Nix, these guys have been there way too long.

Hi beez
On the other hand, I think we haven't been top long enough and should remain there for the rest of the season.

On the other hand, I think we haven't been top long enough and should remain there for the rest of the season.
Nah. Not really.

See, the issue there is you're in our spot and we want it back. You can have any of the other spots though, we don't really care.

Please, as if I'd join the Gumbies.
You're going to have to take top spot from our cold dead hands.

Oh, you wouldn't be playing, the application is for our newly opened janitorial position. 🤜🤛

Last edited:
But we were here first
Actually, we were, look at the round 1 ladder. We just leant it to you for a bit. Now we're taking it back
You're going to have to take top spot from our cold dead hands.

Oh, you wouldn't be playing, the application is for our newly opened janitorial position. 🤜🤛
Whatever floats your boat.

Did omgfridge get a promotion?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back