Official Match Thread S32 Round 6: Coney Island Warriors vs Gumbies FFC at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

FB_warriorsgumbies.png

OVERVIEW
After the success of last year's recruitment drive, we, Tina "Porps" and Queenie "Mwerps" Goldstein are once again targeting the magical community. After all, both sports start with a Q, are fantasy related and have teams named after Fantastic Beasts.

This week’s match-up is between the Pukwudgies (Warriors) and the Bundimuns (Gumbies). Pukwudgies are short, grey, and large-eared creatures, a relative of the Goblin. They are fierce hunters and shoot poisonous arrows to intimidate the opposition. They are very secretive and traditional, and do not reveal their true name to outsiders – is Tonga Bob ‘s name really Bob?! They can also be very grumpy and complain about the many things they have to do even if they signed up for it. On the other side, Bundimuns are small green creatures with many eyes, that feed on the dirt dished in media threads. Their presence is indicated by the foul stench of plasticine coming from the team fridge. Bundimuns spit out acidic ooze when annoyed, but when diluted, can be used to clean up a thread as Barrybran has done on more than one occasion.

LAST WEEK
On the weekend the Pukwudgies were up against the Demiguises (Roys) who had been celebrating a Milestone-That-Must-Not-Be-Named all week. Unfortunately, the Pukwudgies couldn’t fight against the Demiguises attack and fell on their arrows by a crushing 49 points. Meanwhile the Bundimuns hosted the Nifflers (Bears), and after 4 straight losses were hopeful of overwhelming their opposition. Sadly this was not to be, and they were eradicated by 21 points.

LAST TIME THEY MET
In Round 16 last season, the Bundimuns hosted the Pukwudgies who were leading the league. Whoever won would be assured of a minor premiership and the loser would need to try and fight to hold onto their double chance. The Bundimuns started their infestation early, their talented half-back flankers giving plenty of juice for their forwards to work with. A young Pukwudgie stood out on the wing and led possession for his team but the rest of them seemed to be holding back. The Bundimuns came out on top in the end, coming out victors by 13. Best on field for the home team was GWS Goose (24 disposals, 6 tackles, 2 goals, 99 DT). Ned Ryerson also did well (22 possessions, 4 marks, 1 goal, 73 DT), and NSWCROW caused a stink in the eyes of the opposition by kicking 7 majors. For the Pukwudgies, leaders TheInjuryFactory and Tonga Bob tried hard and earned themselves 2 goals apiece and a similar number of possessions and tackles (79 and 83 DT respectively). RelaxMax won the bout in the ruck (14 hitouts, 13 disposals, 3 tackles), but it was not enough to stem the Bundimun tide.

PLAYERS TO WATCH
For the Pukwudgies, despite a quieter effort from the team last week there were still signs of warrior-spirit, including the likes of DockerDen5215 who enjoyed 21 disposals, 3 tackles and had the most frees for and against (5 and 4 respectively) showing that he has a real fighting chance against his opponent this round.

Last week there were plenty of Bundimuns running amuck and it was hard to tell them apart, it was all a big greenish blur. Instead, I’m going to shout out WaLkEr_ThE_StAr whom everybody seems to want to be rid of (since he’s often put on SFA Death Lists every season), but despite this, he still managed to contribute to the scoreboard (1.2) and he certainly isn’t going anywhere anytime soon - a permanent fixture to the club walls.

PREDICTION
Bundimuns by 15

Fantastic Beasts (Captains), please have a valid team sheet submitted before the deadline of 11:59pm AEST this Thursday

Mappa_Mundi.png

This week’s match-up is between the Pukwudgies (Warriors) and the Bundimuns (Gumbies).
Alright thanks guys I think we'll take it from here thank you.

the-office-steve-carell.gif

That's more posters than the Warriors have wins.

Well, we got more wins than you have wins, so....? Check, mate I guess or whatever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How dare you make this claim when you don't even have any wins!
Its more about the friends you make along the way. Which we're not good at doing either.

That's not true! BlueE got suspended so he gets a week off from you lot. That's a win in our book.

Ok then?

You know what, I can see every infraction/ban given. I saw that one, but I did not tell your captain, you know why? Because I did not recognise him as an SFA player. So, tell me beez, who is BlueE and why should his opinion hold any relevance?

View attachment 1222601

OVERVIEW
After the success of last year's recruitment drive, we, Tina "Porps" and Queenie "Mwerps" Goldstein are once again targeting the magical community. After all, both sports start with a Q, are fantasy related and have teams named after Fantastic Beasts.

This week’s match-up is between the Pukwudgies (Warriors) and the Bundimuns (Gumbies). Pukwudgies are short, grey, and large-eared creatures, a relative of the Goblin. They are fierce hunters and shoot poisonous arrows to intimidate the opposition. They are very secretive and traditional, and do not reveal their true name to outsiders – is Tonga Bob ‘s name really Bob?! They can also be very grumpy and complain about the many things they have to do even if they signed up for it. On the other side, Bundimuns are small green creatures with many eyes, that feed on the dirt dished in media threads. Their presence is indicated by the foul stench of plasticine coming from the team fridge. Bundimuns spit out acidic ooze when annoyed, but when diluted, can be used to clean up a thread as Barrybran has done on more than one occasion.

LAST WEEK
On the weekend the Pukwudgies were up against the Demiguises (Roys) who had been celebrating a Milestone-That-Must-Not-Be-Named all week. Unfortunately, the Pukwudgies couldn’t fight against the Demiguises attack and fell on their arrows by a crushing 49 points. Meanwhile the Bundimuns hosted the Nifflers (Bears), and after 4 straight losses were hopeful of overwhelming their opposition. Sadly this was not to be, and they were eradicated by 21 points.

LAST TIME THEY MET
In Round 16 last season, the Bundimuns hosted the Pukwudgies who were leading the league. Whoever won would be assured of a minor premiership and the loser would need to try and fight to hold onto their double chance. The Bundimuns started their infestation early, their talented half-back flankers giving plenty of juice for their forwards to work with. A young Pukwudgie stood out on the wing and led possession for his team but the rest of them seemed to be holding back. The Bundimuns came out on top in the end, coming out victors by 13. Best on field for the home team was GWS Goose (24 disposals, 6 tackles, 2 goals, 99 DT). Ned Ryerson also did well (22 possessions, 4 marks, 1 goal, 73 DT), and NSWCROW caused a stink in the eyes of the opposition by kicking 7 majors. For the Pukwudgies, leaders TheInjuryFactory and Tonga Bob tried hard and earned themselves 2 goals apiece and a similar number of possessions and tackles (79 and 83 DT respectively). RelaxMax won the bout in the ruck (14 hitouts, 13 disposals, 3 tackles), but it was not enough to stem the Bundimun tide.

PLAYERS TO WATCH
For the Pukwudgies, despite a quieter effort from the team last week there were still signs of warrior-spirit, including the likes of DockerDen5215 who enjoyed 21 disposals, 3 tackles and had the most frees for and against (5 and 4 respectively) showing that he has a real fighting chance against his opponent this round.

Last week there were plenty of Bundimuns running amuck and it was hard to tell them apart, it was all a big greenish blur. Instead, I’m going to shout out WaLkEr_ThE_StAr whom everybody seems to want to be rid of (since he’s often put on SFA Death Lists every season), but despite this, he still managed to contribute to the scoreboard (1.2) and he certainly isn’t going anywhere anytime soon - a permanent fixture to the club walls.

PREDICTION
Bundimuns by 15

Fantastic Beasts (Captains), please have a valid team sheet submitted before the deadline of 11:59pm AEST this Thursday

View attachment 1222604

Ok then?

You know what, I can see every infraction/ban given. I saw that one, but I did not tell your captain, you know why? Because I did not recognise him as an SFA player. So, tell me beez, who is BlueE and why should his opinion hold any relevance?
Was he in disguise again? That cheeky fellow. Soon enough he'll be masquerading as an ABC journalist trying to bring down Aunty from the inside. Or maybe he's truly a Bomber trying to bring down the Gumbies?

The plot thickens...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back