Official Match Thread Season 32 Round 5 - Coney Island Warriors V Roys FFC @ Van Cortland Park Mobbs 500 (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 6.58.16 pm.png

28CIW3c01aa72ee6daa31.png V 1613154820705.png

@ Van Cortland Park

Last Time They Met
Roys FFC : 19.6.120
Coney Island Warriors : 15.9.99

This week we celebrate Sweet FA Legends Mobbs 500 games and The Filth Wizard 300 games
I won't go into stats, everything you need to know about Mobbs long career is here :arrowdown: drop in and give him some love

There will also be a Charity Game played in Mobbs name in support of Interstitial Cystitis
MobbsCraft Week - 500 up for the league legend....

I asked Mobbs a few questions about his incredible journey here and what the League means to him

What is the greatest joy the SFA has bought into your life over the years?
- My greatest joy is every opportunity I get to berate someone for referring to the Sweet FA as the SFA.
But after that, the knowledge that people are enjoying something I made. People from all walks of life, all ages, and even internationally! Everyone letting their hair down and having a bit of fun. That's really what it is, just fun. When people turn up on Sunday with GameDay gifs, and show imagery of rocking up to their matches in various hilarious or creative states of transit, attire and repair, I feel like "these guys actually get a bit a kick out of it, or some escape, or both". If someone smiles somewhere because of this game or this league, then I'm rapt. It's given me purely some satisfaction, something to put some energy into and some entertainment. And going forward I want KP's reboot to expand upon the opportunities and possibly spread the love further : multiple leagues in multiple communities (with crossover), a broad, expansive history and of course stats up the yingyang!

What would you like to say to the Sweet FA on the week of your 500th game? What’s your message?
Ok this is not a joke, but I actually don't know when my 500th game is due. I guess it must be close cos people are alluding to it here and there. And I'm trying not to find out (but I wouldn't be mad if I did).
What would I want to say? Umm ...
Thanks for coming with me on this insane ride into my head. I was purely thinking only of my own entertainment when I started the Sweet FA, and I guess using the fun others might have to fuel my own satisfaction. But now it's way beyond that, so this community has grown me, as well. It's an experience we are all sharing. And it's within a bees dick of my ultimate life goal of becoming a doomsday cult leader.
Also, look at my profile. Sweet FA games is not the only big 5 on the horizon I was even hoping to get reacts parity all at the same time, too, but unfortunately I'm just not funny enough.
^ This could be a challenge for us this week Warriors and Roys

What would you like to say to The Filth Wizard on his 300 game milestone? (Sharing it with you)
"lol weaksauce"
Nah seriously, TFW has done a lot to build this competition and community. He's the reason a lot of the current cliches actually happen. And he deserves respect. I hope he has a great .... wait a sec ... ok we're not playing them. I hope he has a great game in his 300th! Actually it'd be pretty cool if the Royals got up over the Dragons cos those bastards are one of the teams keeping us from the top of the table.
But he's a decent guy who's immersed himself deeply here and I can't bad mouth that! So congrats to TFW.

daffodils_frankdavies_producer_publisher_oh_what_a_feeling_w_crowbars_kelly_jay copy.jpg

Players to Watch: Only Mobbs and The Filth Wizard this week :eyes:

Have a fun week SFA and raise your glasses to 2 League Stalwarts who have made this place what it is today
...and actually made this place!

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 8.57.39 pm.png Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 8.58.34 pm.png

Stay tuned for Dav 's Podcast featuring the Great Man Himself
I'll let you decide which one that is...
Link to come​

Last edited:

Congratulations Mobbs on 500 games.

I hope you lose by a massive margin though.

Hey Wazzas, just imagine the milestone is one of yours. That should do it.

Wazza milestones are among their heavier millstones.

Congrats to Mobbs on the 500 and everything else.

Expect this thread will go off like a threepenny bunger, as it should.

Ello there Wazzas.

Should be a good week.

How is your sophomore season DockerDen5215?
It was going well but then I found out my guest appearance on Dav's podcast will be overshadowed by Mobbs inclusion. Now I feel like I may never recover from this.

It was going well but then I found out my guest appearance on Dav's podcast will be overshadowed by Mobbs inclusion. Now I feel like I may never recover from this.
We are all overshadowed by Mobbs mate, comes with the league.
Just don't let him intimidate you. Or he will steal all your dimmies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy birthday Mobbs!

I like you. You are old. I mean all of Roy are old, but you my friend are especially old.

1629762105336.png

Does anyone at the Roys actually talk to Supersuns or do they just ignore him all week to unleash him on unsuspecting opposition?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back