Official Match Thread S31 Second Qualifying Final: Gold City Royals vs Coney Island Warriors at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
xxn4Bsn.png

Second Qualifying Final
Gold City Royals v Coney Island Warriors
The Golden Throne

27GCR2f10619722e7e6bc.png
28CIW3c01aa72ee6daa31.png

Gold City Royals (10-7; 2nd)

The Gold City Royals finished the home and away season in second place on the back of ten wins and a healthy percentage gap over the third-placed Coney Island Warriors. The Royals endured a tough start to season 31, winning just two of their first seven games of the season and languishing in 11th place. Five consecutive wins later and the Royals sat in second place with a healthy percentage compared to the teams around them. A 3-2 finish to the season was enough to keep them ahead of the challengers and home field advantage through the finals.

The Royals were led by ruck rover, Marlowe, who ranked #2 in the league for Dream Team points and kicks and #3 in the league for EXIE points and tackles. The Royals had strong performers across every line with nine players ranking in the top five at their positions for Dream Team points while GreyCrow ranked #2 in the league for hitouts and The Filth Wizard tying for third for goals kicked.

Coney Island Warriors (10-7; 3rd)

The Warriors were Sweet FA’s benchmark team for much of season 31, spending two and a half months on top of the ladder courtesy of an 8-4 run through the first 12 rounds. So good were the Warriors that it took teams with eight- and five- game win streaks to displace them as they went 2-3 over the last five rounds to finish the regular season in third place and a double chance in their first finals appearance since season 27.

The Warriors were the league’s #1 team in kicks, goals, points, Dream Team points and EXIE points. The engine room of The Half Back, TheInjuryFactory and Tonga Bob all ranked inside the top 15 in the league for Dream Team points with The Half Back leading the league in tackles. The Warriors were bookended by harry000, who kicked 73 goals to secure the Fred Medal, while NaturalDisaster ranked #1 among full backs for Dream Team points scored while conceding the fewest Dream Team points among all players to play all 17 games at full back.

1622499912964.png

Captains - please post your teamsheet in the teamsheet thread by 11:59pm Thursday

Last edited:
Okay, I have a question about this week that I'm confused about...

What's a "final"? I thought the season ended when the Home and Away stuff was considered to be over.

xxn4Bsn.png

Second Qualifying Final
Gold City Royals v Coney Island Warriors
The Golden Throne

27GCR2f10619722e7e6bc.png
28CIW3c01aa72ee6daa31.png

Gold City Royals (10-7; 2nd)

The Gold City Royals finished the home and away season in second place on the back of ten wins and a healthy percentage gap over the third-placed Coney Island Warriors. The Royals endured a tough start to season 31, winning just two of their first seven games of the season and languishing in 11th place. Five consecutive wins later and the Royals sat in second place with a healthy percentage compared to the teams around them. A 3-2 finish to the season was enough to keep them ahead of the challengers and home field advantage through the finals.

The Royals were led by ruck rover, Marlowe, who ranked #2 in the league for Dream Team points and kicks and #3 in the league for EXIE points and tackles. The Royals had strong performers across every line with nine players ranking in the top five at their positions for Dream Team points while GreyCrow ranked #2 in the league for hitouts and The Filth Wizard tying for third for goals kicked.

Coney Island Warriors (10-7; 3rd)

The Warriors were Sweet FA’s benchmark team for much of season 31, spending two and a half months on top of the ladder courtesy of an 8-4 run through the first 12 rounds. So good were the Warriors that it took teams with eight- and five- game win streaks to displace them as they went 2-3 over the last five rounds to finish the regular season in third place and a double chance in their first finals appearance since season 27.

The Warriors were the league’s #1 team in kicks, goals, points, Dream Team points and EXIE points. The engine room of The Half Back, TheInjuryFactory and Tonga Bob all ranked inside the top 15 in the league for Dream Team points with The Half Back leading the league in tackles. The Warriors were bookended by harry000, who kicked 73 goals to secure the Fred Medal, while NaturalDisaster ranked #1 among full backs for Dream Team points scored while conceding the fewest Dream Team points among all players to play all 17 games at full back.

View attachment 1143181

Captains - please post your teamsheet in the teamsheet thread by 11:59pm Thursday
Nice graph Barrybran. How grim would coming 13th in a 12 team competition be though?

Okay, I have a question about this week that I'm confused about...

What's a "final"? I thought the season ended when the Home and Away stuff was considered to be over.
scared guy.gif

I couldn't figure out how to format the graph the way I would have liked
Yeah I did it for the free kick positions, but can't remember how.

Congrats Warriors for making it this far, in what has already been a long and exhausting season. You'll be glad for next week when it's all over.

Royals, we're back where we belong, home and with the break to come next week.

Of course, we just fell at the line saluting CakeEater for his 150th so let's do a goal or two better this week as we celebrate the 150th of a guy we must have dropped for a week, Ulahoopski!!

Congrats Warriors for making it this far, in what has already been a long and exhausting season. You'll be glad for next week when it's all over.

Royals, we're back where we belong, home and with the break to come next week.

Of course, we just fell at the line saluting CakeEater for his 150th so let's do a goal or two better this week as we celebrate the 150th of a guy we must have dropped for a week, Ulahoopski!!

Hey, I’ve already said my Go Royals today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throwback to Kingswood Country? That's good areas from you Filthy.

Either him or Superted but I don't see Spotty about. When does Halfy normally appear in match threads?

yes congrats to the warriors for making it this far, however we are going to beat you so badly you're gonna get straight up eliminated despite being top 4
bill nye bull.gif

Maybe it is, maybe it isnt. Either way Royals back to back
Ah, the Beast with Two Backs. In that case someone's gonna be rooted.

Either him or Superted but I don't see Spotty about. When does Halfy normally appear in match threads?
Usually it's about 6 pages in, but that's because knobheads usually post 37 times before I wake up.

Hello Marlowe, how are you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back