Official Match Thread Season 31: Round 2 - Las Vegas Bears vs Coney Island Warriors @ The Stadium in the Sky (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

LC5NuoY.png

27LVBdc585cb1f9c2b45f.png 28CIW3c01aa72ee6daa31.png

Round 2: Match Preview

How similar are these two teams? Colors and logo both identical talk about trying to rip each other off.

The Bears are at home for the 2nd week running but this time taking on the Coney Island Warriors in what promises to be a mouth watering contest at the Stadium in the Sky. The Bears have started S31 in style with a round 1 victory against the Furies last night in what was a high scoring affair taking the W by 9 points in front of their fans in Las Vegas. Their opponents the Warriors also had a win in round 1 against the Baghdad Bombers taking that victory out comfortably by 24 points.

The Bears Vice Captain Metalcrusher put his early stamp on the Fred Medal with an outstanding performance for his club in round 1 kicking 7 goals to lead his team to victory against the Furies which should feature his name in the Mobbs medal votes come the end of the season. 2nd year player Muddiemoose was huge and may have a thing to say about the 3 Mobbs votes come the end of the season with the moose finishing with 36 disposals and 14 hitouts while guero had 31 disposals, 11 marks and kicked 2 goals for the Bears in their victory.

The Warriors were just as impressive as the Bears yesterday and had a even contribution across the board. harry000 finished the best of the forwards with 4 goals while 3 players finished with 3 goals in rookie DockerDen5215, Dinsdale & Raveneyes. Through the midfield it was the likes of FootyGuy13 (25 disposals) and The Half Back (22 disposals) who were the best for the Warriors against the Bombers

LAST TIME THEY MET
Las Vegas Bears: 12.10. (82)
Coney Island Warriors: 15.12. (102)

GOALS
Bears:
Metalcrusher -3, Bipolarbear -2, guero, Ok Boomer, CarterS, kane249, I Dont Care, Tommycash, U2tigers
Warriors: NaturalDisaster -6, craffles -2, FootyGuy13, Dinsdale, BEEG, Tonga Bob, Doctor colosseus, harry000

DISPOSALS
Bears:
guero - 31, MWPP - 31, tony - 26, Matera92 - 23, I Dont Care - 20
Warriors: FootyGuy13 - 34, zackah - 25, Dinsdale - 22, TheInjuryFactory - 21, Raveneyes - 20

PREDICITION
Two very tough squads and it's hard to see a victor in this one. We're calling the first draw of S31 so early in the season

CAPTAINS PLEASE HAVE TEAM SHEETS DUE 11:59 PM AEDT Thursday

get used to seeing this a lot next Sunday, Bears.

giphy.gif

leading the tackle stats from the get go.

Wouldn't that just turn them on?

They're only human I guess.

Ever played Qooty suffering from a debilitating case of blue balls? I’ll edge them all week, they’ll be frothing at the mouth for sweet release come game day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh you were the motherf***ers that tagged me in your fu**en thread last week. You're going down.
What, they don't have enough rookies running around in the thread?

I assume from the Bears having 5 rookies that they are running around.

I see Metalcrusher is already 'stamping his authority' by dishing out the dislikes, very anti-social of you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back