Official Match Thread Season 29, Round 2 - Mount Buller Demons vs Coney Island Warriors at The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
27MBD9e7c0d167fc10f77.png
VS
28CIW3c01aa72ee6daa31.png

2020-02-03_20.21.33.png
The Snow Dome

Last Time They Met

Season 28, Round 4
Mount Buller Demons 18.14 (122) defeated Coney Island Warriors 13.20 (98)

Hello there
We've made it to round 2, welcome to the match thread between two clubs in opposing positions, the quality filled Mount Buller Demons host a depleted Warriors at the Snow Dome and will be hoping the game doesn't go in a similar way to the last time they played a team struggling with activity
Let's have a suss of the clubs

MOUNT BULLER DEMONS

Even if the Demons weren't any good, I'd still pretend to rate them and it's because of one poster, Hall of Fame Deservee Headless . Interchange Master, Demons Legend and an absolute travesty that I can not end this sentence with Hall of Fame Immortal, it makes my blood boil.

Most of the core from a few seasons ago is still about the place; cooney is the ultimate clubmen, @Smartys_Power would still be ******* up team sheets if he could, Proper Gander remains severely underrated and then consider the additions - Harvey Manfrenjensenden , Media Thread of the Season so far holder and a Beez MVP, boncer34 also joins the Buller outfit as one of the most successful ever players to grace a Qooty field with 7 ALL SFA selections. Truly some formidable ins. Their captain manangatang looks destined to fulfil the same potential as Eth and meanwhile they got rid of akkaps, so that's practically like a new signing right there in the nice empty space he left behind. The Demons are riding high in Season 29. And then I hear some bullshit like the sim has given them 80% wins in the last 3 seasons or something. heck this club.

Round One Result
Fighting Furies 10.4 (64) lost to Mount Buller Demons 15.12 (102)

The Tip (Only for Demons!)
Demons to do it comfortably of course

The Strongest Line
HF:
boncer34manangatangcooney

PLAYERS TO WATCH

THE STAR PLAYER

86556.jpg
- manangatang

The Demons Captain, Beez MVP and Competition organizing extraordinaire must be loving life at the moment, he is in control of one of the smoothest running fantasy football clubs on this forum. What a lucky man.

THE WILY VETERAN
34493.jpg
- Tarkyn_24
Tarks is one of this Leagues greats, and it's also great to see him back in the Buller jersey. One of the most prolific goal kickers of all time, the move back to full forward has already proven worthwhile with 6 goals in the first round.

SO UNDERRATED
160017.jpg
- Proper Gander

Proper Gander remains an underrated member of our League, and I'm not just saying this because the West Gate Trolls expansion bid I was a key part of had a massive say in bringing him in to the Sweet F.A, but it is a large part of why I am saying it.

CONEY ISLAND WARRIORS
Coney Island are a team just five seasons ago were spamming with the Furies to their hearts content to create history for the most amount of pages in a Match Thread. The Club that gave the League the gift of craffles . What's gone wrong at the Warriors? Second last only to the Dragons in Season 28 Posting Statistics, the club is captained by one of the best in the League in TheInjuryFactory yet there is a distinct lack of posters following his lead at the current time. Club legends Wooshette and Frankston Rover have faded into the periphery and few of the mainstays from the beginning of the 20's seasons remain active or consistent. Cadaver is a massive pick up for the Warriors but both parties will be hoping they can inspire each other back to their best.

Elsewhere, memorable names like Bostrich Burger and Packedlunch depart and @TOngaBob and @Randomizer appear, with the Tongan already making a positive impression in Round 1. It's safe to say the Warriors are in a period of transition, and will be counting on mainstays like Freofalcon , comewhatmay and harry000 post-pressure of his 10000th post, to lead the way.

Round One Result
East Side Hawks 11.10 (76) lost to Coney Island Warriors 14.10 (94)

The Tip (Warriors Read Only)

Warriors by the imbalance in the posting stakes.

The Strongest Line
FOLL:
comewhatmaypantskyleharry000

PLAYERS TO WATCH

THE STAR PLAYER

124030.jpg
- TheInjuryFactory
Could it be anyone else? In my eyes the best poster in the League at the moment and he has my support as the current Administrator.

WHERE ARE YOU?
21491.jpg
- Frankston Rover

Come back Frankie, I'd probably even pitch in for the access ramp the Warriors will need to build.

THE FORWARD MACHINE
46095.jpg
- BEEG

A former Bomber (I think?) , BEEG made a great move away from that particular cesspool and is now considered so important to the Coney set up that they refused to offer me full forward. After 5 goals in the opening week it seems that may have been an average call.

tgrs final thoughts

I got 4 more to go of these god damn
theinjuryfactory probably dreams of having as many active names on the list as manangatang
crazy to think coney were up iat the top only a couple seasons ago under woosha and frankston rover
will tif become the first teamless admin to avoid having to plug the holes in this sinking ship
wow i really didnt mean to s**t on coney that bad honestly​

Note that the Municipal Council offered to give the Snow Dome a free astrocarpet surface to counter the sleet and slush buildup when snow met rabbt wee, and the Mt Buller Commune turned the offer down. That's the kind of sociopaths you're dealing with here.

27MBD9e7c0d167fc10f77.png
VS
28CIW3c01aa72ee6daa31.png

View attachment 817164
The Snow Dome

Last Time They Met

Season 28, Round 4
Mount Buller Demons 18.14 (122) defeated Coney Island Warriors 13.20 (98)

Hello there
We've made it to round 2, welcome to the match thread between two clubs in opposing positions, the quality filled Mount Buller Demons host a depleted Warriors at the Snow Dome and will be hoping the game doesn't go in a similar way to the last time they played a team struggling with activity
Let's have a suss of the clubs

MOUNT BULLER DEMONS

Even if the Demons weren't any good, I'd still pretend to rate them and it's because of one poster, Hall of Fame Deservee Headless . Interchange Master, Demons Legend and an absolute travesty that I can not end this sentence with Hall of Fame Immortal, it makes my blood boil.

Most of the core from a few seasons ago is still about the place; cooney is the ultimate clubmen, @Smartys_Power would still be ******* up team sheets if he could, Proper Gander remains severely underrated and then consider the additions - Harvey Manfrenjensenden , Media Thread of the Season so far holder and a Beez MVP, boncer34 also joins the Buller outfit as one of the most successful ever players to grace a Qooty field with 7 ALL SFA selections. Truly some formidable ins. Their captain manangatang looks destined to fulfil the same potential as Eth and meanwhile they got rid of akkaps, so that's practically like a new signing right there in the nice empty space he left behind. The Demons are riding high in Season 29. And then I hear some bullshit like the sim has given them 80% wins in the last 3 seasons or something. fu** this club.
Yeah heck those guys.

Round One Result
Fighting Furies 10.4 (64) lost to Mount Buller Demons 15.12 (102)

The Tip (Only for Demons!)
Demons to do it comfortably of course

The Strongest Line
HF:
boncer34manangatangcooney

PLAYERS TO WATCH

THE STAR PLAYER

86556.jpg
- manangatang

The Demons Captain, Beez MVP and Competition organizing extraordinaire must be loving life at the moment, he is in control of one of the smoothest running fantasy football clubs on this forum. What a lucky man.

THE WILY VETERAN
34493.jpg
- Tarkyn_24
Tarks is one of this Leagues greats, and it's also great to see him back in the Buller jersey. One of the most prolific goal kickers of all time, the move back to full forward has already proven worthwhile with 6 goals in the first round.

SO UNDERRATED
160017.jpg
- Proper Gander

Proper Gander remains an underrated member of our League, and I'm not just saying this because the West Gate Trolls expansion bid I was a key part of had a massive say in bringing him in to the Sweet F.A, but it is a large part of why I am saying it.
Couple of my all time favs here.

*her

Beat em last week when it counted

O87H5mQ.png

CONEY ISLAND WARRIORS
Coney Island are a team just five seasons ago were spamming with the Furies to their hearts content to create history for the most amount of pages in a Match Thread. The Club that gave the League the gift of craffles . What's gone wrong at the Warriors? Second last only to the Dragons in Season 28 Posting Statistics, the club is captained by one of the best in the League in TheInjuryFactory yet there is a distinct lack of posters following his lead at the current time. Club legends Wooshette and Frankston Rover have faded into the periphery and few of the mainstays from the beginning of the 20's seasons remain active or consistent. Cadaver is a massive pick up for the Warriors but both parties will be hoping they can inspire each other back to their best.

Elsewhere, memorable names like Bostrich Burger and Packedlunch depart and @TOngaBob and @Randomizer appear, with the Tongan already making a positive impression in Round 1. It's safe to say the Warriors are in a period of transition, and will be counting on mainstays like Freofalcon , comewhatmay and harry000 post-pressure of his 10000th post, to lead the way.

Round One Result
East Side Hawks 11.10 (76) lost to Coney Island Warriors 14.10 (94)

The Tip (Warriors Read Only)

Warriors by the imbalance in the posting stakes.
HmxiUwS.gif

The Strongest Line
FOLL:
comewhatmaypantskyleharry000

PLAYERS TO WATCH

THE STAR PLAYER

124030.jpg
- TheInjuryFactory
Could it be anyone else? In my eyes the best poster in the League at the moment and he has my support as the current Administrator.

WHERE ARE YOU?
21491.jpg
- Frankston Rover

Come back Frankie, I'd probably even pitch in for the access ramp the Warriors will need to build.

THE FORWARD MACHINE
46095.jpg
- BEEG

A former Bomber (I think?) , BEEG made a great move away from that particular cesspool and is now considered so important to the Coney set up that they refused to offer me full forward. After 5 goals in the opening week it seems that may have been an average call.
I0yiXlc.gif

Love you tgrs, but BEEG is bae. :rainbow:
tgrs final thoughts
I got 4 more to go of these god damn
theinjuryfactory probably dreams of having as many active names on the list as manangatang
crazy to think coney were up iat the top only a couple seasons ago under woosha and frankston rover
will tif become the first teamless admin to avoid having to plug the holes in this sinking ship
wow i really didnt mean to s**t on coney that bad honestly
71b.jpg

Okay let's do this.......

Banter aside for a moment TheInjuryFactory i wish you and all the team a fantastic season ahead

Good luck to Tonga Bob & Randomizor for your rookie season, great debut for you both last week with Bob racking up the disposals along the wing and Randomizor hitting the scoreboard. You have a great LG at the Warriors so enjoy the ride they will teach you alot, especially the big dog TIF.

harry000 even though it looks you play for the Dee's look forward to a great match up on the Qooty field on Sunday

Dinsdale SuperQoach kicks off this week so im expecting a blinder from you, Harvey Manfrenjensenden may be burnt out from all the round.1 drama outside of our match threads. So make most of the 1st half while he warms up.

comewhatmay can't say anything more being in the middle with you on Sunday well thats enough

Look forward to the week ahead you guys without all the shenanigans that's going on outside of here

Again good luck to you all

Great OP tgrs pretty much bang on, well detailed about both teams, so hats off to you

Only error was about the ground, they have a bit of work to do by Sunday

1580749981420.png
However it's great fantastic to see Mt.Buller resort was not affected by the fires
1580750123109.png

Warriors huh? Hello Warriors. That’s a very handsome write up tgrs.

Other than that I’ve got nothing. I’m pretty much thinking out loud here. Actually I’ll shut up now.

It’s probably just as well. I can’t recall how I got involved except one day I seemed to land in a vast private conversation with two dozen people all saying things like lol and “this is going to be so awesome”.

I’ve just realised I can become the top contributor of this thread by posting this, so I decided to just go for it. I don’t think I’ve been a top contributor before.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that's a daring move

I like the cut of your jib
How come my posts have gone all weird. One disappeared then returned after I’d posted it again only with part of a word missing. I swear there is some kind of Mt Buller conspiracy to make me look like an idiot.

Great work, tgrs. I appreciate you and your post, and think you deserve HoF status, or at least bulk likes on the OP.

Thoughts:
  • Proper Gander, I have previously claimed much responsibility for your entrance to the league. It's literally on my CV as my biggest achievement in the Sweet FA. Have I been lying to everybody and, most importantly, myself?
  • Smartys Power isn't actually a Demon at this time technically, although they will always be a Demon at heart. It's probably lucky your tag didn't work, though - imagine being tagged into a match thread that wasn't your own!
  • I genuinely did not know Cadaver had moved. How are you finding the Warriors, friend?

Great work, tgrs. I appreciate you and your post, and think you deserve HoF status, or at least bulk likes on the OP.

Thoughts:
  • Proper Gander, I have previously claimed much responsibility for your entrance to the league. It's literally on my CV as my biggest achievement in the Sweet FA. Have I been lying to everybody and, most importantly, myself?
  • Smartys Power isn't actually a Demon at this time technically, although they will always be a Demon at heart. It's probably lucky your tag didn't work, though - imagine being tagged into a match thread that wasn't your own!
  • I genuinely did not know Cadaver had moved. How are you finding the Warriors, friend?
I rate this

Thoughts:
Good Morning Headless. I think you can stand by your statement of recruiting me to the league. I did get invited to join the West Gate Trolls by someone previously. Striker probably? I didn’t actually know what the league was though - I assumed all would become clear eventually - so I spent three weeks or so in a planning PM that I didn’t understand before the convo sort of fizzled out. I’ve only just now discovered why. I really need to take in some media from the time and find out what I was involved in

Good Morning Headless. I think you can stand by your statement of recruiting me to the league. I did get invited to join the West Gate Trolls by someone previously. Striker probably? I didn’t actually know what the league was though - I assumed all would become clear eventually - so I spent three weeks or so in a planning PM that I didn’t understand before the convo sort of fizzled out. I’ve only just now discovered why. I really need to take in some media from the time and find out what I was involved in

So you're saying I don't need to call up the dozens of people I've told and apologise for lying?!

So you're saying I don't need to call up the dozens of people I've told and apologise for lying?!
No because you said that most importantly you were lying to yourself.

How do you go about lying to yourself anyway? Wouldn’t it be pointless since there would be no danger of believing the lie because you would obviously know it to be a lie, given it is you doing the lying?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back