Official Match Thread S29 Round 1: Dragons FFC vs West Coast Wonders @ Ljp’s Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
1580113506014.png

Hello everyone, welcome to 2020, the start of a new year, the start of a new decade and most importantly of all, the start of a new Qooty season. After a successful State of Origin series, Qooty kicks off again with its 29th season. 29 seasons of Qooty, which means we are only one season away from the 30-season milestone. We want the milestone season to be a great season, let’s make that the build up to it is just as great.

It’s Round 1 and in this battle, the reigning premiers will unfurl their flag at Ljp’s Lair against the West Coast Wonders.

S28 Recap

The Dragons had an inconsistent home and away season and finished in 7th place with 8 wins and 8 losses. They peaked just at the right time and smashed Royals in a cut throat elimination final by 51 points. They then sent the Furies out in straight sets, accounted for the Hawks and finally, defeated the Demons in the Grand Final to become Premiers.

The Wonders S28 season mirrored the Dragons in many ways. They were inconsistent, finished 5th with 8 wins, 8 losses, equal with the Dragons but with a higher percentage. Known for failing in finals, the Wonders had a comfortable win against the Bears in the Elimination finals, however could not get past the second week with a disappointing loss to the Swamprats.

Off Season:

Despite being reigning premiers, the Dragons are still in rebuild mode as shown by the amount of deadwood removed from the list. Ex Captain cammo6556 made a move to the Bombers, mike123 & Daniel1812 retired whilst they delisted ASwallow, boneofshin, chefmeister & PeanutButterPies. They boosted their stocks bringing in two recruits, league legend fumbler and active ex Bomber CazC30 as well as two rookies in serial_thrilla & Maylandsman.

The Wonders brought in two rookies over the off season, jezza jay and Crusty Undies. jezzajay has already caught this match authors eye by delivering a much deserved wacking to league veteran The Half Back. They also delisted Bucking Beads, eDPS & TheBeardAmigos.

Last time they met:

S28 R15

West Coast Wonders 15.7 (97) def Dragons 10.6 (66)

The first half of the match was looking to be a tight contest, the Wonders led the Dragons by only a goal at half time. However, they extended their league in the 3rd, kicking 5 goals and keeping the Dragons goalless. The Dragons never recovered and the Wonders were eventual victors by 5 goals.

Elton Johns Wig was best on ground with 27 disposals, 7 marks, 4 tackles & a goal. Blaze Storm fought hard for the losing team, whilst Ljp86 booted 5 majors.

Skippers Interviews:

1580113622544.png

During the week, I sat with both captains AceAndy and Dingster for a little interview about their outlook for S29.

ND: Thanks for joining me fellas, hope you’re both pumped for S29?

Ace:
Can we get this over with? I’m overdue for my Grandpa Nap

Ding: I too need a nap, but only because Ant Bear kept me awake all night with persistent texts asking what position I was going to play him in.

ND: Well, where will you be playing him this season? And how will you contain his overly inflated ego?

Ding:
AB will play where he's told to play but there will be no containing of ego.

ND Ok, how do you each view your prospects for S29, on and off field?

Ace:
On-field, Qrownbet have stopped taking bets on the Dragons going back to back which clearly indicates we are pretty much a cert for the S29 premiership.

Off-field, we have added two established players and two standout rookies so i am very bullish on the Dragons to be the big improvers in season 29.

Ding: Very bullish on both fronts. On field we won a final last season so our trend is upwards! Off field we have a strong line up and have added two rookies who both show a bit.

ND: Ace, you’ve brought in CazC30 and fumbler in over the off season. How will they improve the Dragons? Off field and on the qooty field?

Ace:
Already seen a revitalised fumbler around the SFA with a return to the Dragons just what the MWPP ordered.

I think we will see a new Caz this season now free from the Bombers culture and a lot will be changing their thoughts this season.

On field we have gained a very experienced follower / rover in fumbler and a renowned goal sneak in Caz. Adding these two to a premiership winning side is bad news for the rest of the competition.

ND: You fluked a flag last season, will you go back to back this season?

Ding:
LOL No

Ace: I believe he asked me, not you. Absolutely, hard to see any team getting close to the mighty Dragons.

ND: I think I’ll go with Dings answer. So, for both of you, which of your players do you believe will have a posting break out season in S29?

Ace:
Just watch out for Knifey Spoony who has been incredibly engaged after stepping up to the Leadership Group this season and is looking to post up a storm in match threads this season.

Mooresome is already looking in good touch at FF and Strigoi will have a huge second season.

Ding: Sab22 to go to another level as my co-captain. Also, Bonz to do something.

ND: Ah Sab, the dude who has promised so much, yet delivered so little. Ok, if you both had to insult each other using two words, what would they be?

Ace:
Ant Bear Fanboy

Ding: Yesterday's hero

Ace: WHY YOU LITTLE

ND: Alright, let’s end that here. Thank you very much for your time Ace Andy and Dingster, any last words gents?

Ace:
The Wonders have a number of really good posters and Sab22 . Looking forward to a great match thread for the first game of the season and them smashing them on Sunday. Dragons by 8 goals. :thumbsu:

Dingster: Last season the Wonders won the battle leaving the Dragons jet lagged. We'll win again.

Prediction:

Wonders by 20 points

Captains, please remember to post your team sheets by Thursday 11.59 pm AEDT.

Thanks to TheInjuryFactory for the graphics

Last edited:

It’s always good to get the easy beats out of the way in the first game at home.
I suggest we unfurl the flag and just hit the social club as the Wonders have no game.
You're still wearing a half hat.

It’s always good to get the easy beats out of the way in the first game at home.
I suggest we unfurl the flag and just hit the social club as the Wonders have no game.
Yep couldnt have a got an easier start to our season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And for the record i have been verballed , did not utter the words

Correction. You muttered it in your sleep.

And for the record i have been verballed , did not utter the words

Be grateful that's all I made up, I could have had you insult every one of your teammates...

Hey, that's an idea for next time!

Easy beats...were you saying that after the last game when the Wonders dismantled your flappy winged dragons? Or too busy burying your head in your mums breasts sooking like a pathetic child?!
More the latter I’m assuming, as it fits your playing and posting style that’s for sure.
Thanks to your half witted nonsense, this game result is a no brainer...Wonders will be 1 - 0 and undefeated after Rd 1.
Good times...

Easy beats...were you saying that after the last game when the Wonders dismantled your flappy winged dragons? Or too busy burying your head in your mums breasts sooking like a pathetic child?!
More the latter I’m assuming, as it fits your playing and posting style that’s for sure.
Thanks to your half witted nonsense, this game result is a no brainer...Wonders will be 1 - 0 and undefeated after Rd 1.
Good times...
Hey jezzajay has Dingster told you what position you are playing in ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back