Official Match Thread Season 28 Round 3: Coney Island Warriors vs Las Vegas Bears at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

cLj9RNg.png

I don't know if I've ever posted match threads since the first two seasons when I started the league up. So just for the lols, I thought some of you noobs might like to see what these posts looked like back when the league was good:
YnHzts0.png

Ok so lend me your ears for a minute and we'll get through this as painlessly as possible. You people are the newest teams on the block, although admittedly you've both been around quite a while now, outlasting both the shoddy failed ventures of the old days. The Warriors brand spanking new and the Bears revived through some mysterious cult ritual. The Warriors were strong all last season, the Bears not far behind, but both couldn't stand the stench of the other come finals time and avoided meeting. So we have to go back to Round 8 of S27 to find the last time both clubs were willing to come into contact. On this day Coney Island opened strongly and it looked like it was gonna be a clinic, six goals up at qtr time with the Bears failing to register even one behind. But Vegas in their inimitable style clawed their way back into the match, eventually going down by just 15 points, helped a bit by some average kicking on the part of the Warriors. Nobody played well, everybody was terrible. Its Manbearpig managed 5 goals on a rainy day, including the Bears' first 3 which got them off the mark. candiehappy got amongst the possessions, fighting a battle for the ages against Tandy.

This season, the Bears are off to a flier while the Warriors are yet to record a victory. For the Bears, Test Tickle is leading the league's hitouts, handballs and disposals, while Its ManBearPig heads the AlfAndrews tally with 11 goals from his two games. Wooshette is leading the league's marks, and comewhatmay is placed second in hitouts. Gonna be a big fight in the ruck!

My tip: Study hard, and be good to your mother. Also Warriors to lose again but start winning later in the season and perform strongly in finals (1st). Bears to recover next week. (4th)

Well, I hope I did okay. Let me know if I buggered anything up. PS: The footy image is of Bogong FC (Vic)

CAPTAINS - POST YOUR TEAM SHEETS BY 11.59PM THURSDAY

Last edited:
cLj9RNg.png

I don't know if I've ever posted match threads since the first two seasons when I started the league up. So just for the lols, I thought some of you noobs might like to see what these posts looked like back when the league was good:
YnHzts0.png

Ok so lend me your ears for a minute and we'll get through this as painlessly as possible. You people are the newest teams on the block, although admittedly you've both been around quite a while now, outlasting both the shoddy failed ventures of the old days. The Warriors brand spanking new and the Bears revived through some mysterious cult ritual. The Warriors were strong all last season, the Bears not far behind, but both couldn't stand the stench of the other come finals time and avoided meeting. So we have to go back to Round 8 of S27 to find the last time both clubs were willing to come into contact. On this day Coney Island opened strongly and it looked like it was gonna be a clinic, six goals up at qtr time with the Bears failing to register even one behind. But Vegas in their inimitable style clawed their way back into the match, eventually going down by just 15 points, helped a bit by some average kicking on the part of the Warriors. Nobody played well, everybody was terrible. Its Manbearpig managed 5 goals on a rainy day, including the Bears' first 3 which got them off the mark. candiehappy got amongst the possessions, fighting a battle for the ages against Tandy.

This season, the Bears are off to a flier while the Warriors are yet to record a victory. For the Bears, Test Tickle is leading the league's hitouts, handballs and disposals, while Its ManBearPig heads the AlfAndrews tally with 11 goals from his two games. Wooshette is leading the league's marks, and comewhatmay is placed second in hitouts. Gonna be a big fight in the ruck!

My tip: Study hard, and be good to your mother. Also Warriors to lose again but start winning later in the season and perform strongly in finals (1st). Bears to recover next week. (4th)

Well, I hope I did okay. Let me know if I buggered anything up. PS: The footy image is of Bogong FC (Vic)

CAPTAINS - POST YOUR TEAM SHEETS BY 11.59PM THURSDAY
Geez, looks like no one told poor Mobbs these are supposed to be crap. 😞

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This sad bunch haven’t been folded yet?
Failed expansion franchise that offer nothing.
"Has-been voices irrelevant opinion"

I'm shocked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back