Official Match Thread Season 28 Round 3: Gumbies FFC vs Gold City Royals at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

s0fvo7V.png

I don't know if I've ever posted match threads since the first two seasons when I started the league up. So just for the lols, I thought some of you noobs might like to see what these posts looked like back when the league was good:
YnHzts0.png

I can't believe I'm doing this, clearly I'm far too important. But, well, here I am. Gumbies pushing themselves into the spotlight this week with actions that make my gums bleed, and the folks from the Throne who fight endlessly towards a maiden premiership. Btw welcome back Easty (I presume this is where I can find you, could be wrong). Both finallists last season, but the Royals fell out quickly which was pretty funny, while the Gumbies dived hard and then harder, ousted by 33 pts and then by 58. The last meeting between the two clubs was S27R08 (this round is a carbon copy of that one, lazy fixturing sheesh). On that day the toffs from Gumbania dealt out a bit of a lesson, a 7 goal to 2 final stanza punished the Royals into a 57 point submission pose. Rack Watts and StFly led the dreamteam scores. Four players ( WaLkEr_ThE_StAr , haydo , jmoo wan and Jivlain ) kicked 3 for the winners, while The Filth Wizard's yips in front of goal (4.6) compounded the woes of the defeated. But today is a new day. That was an old day. This day is new. Sunday will, again, be new.

This season, the Gumbies are holding up the ladder, last with a severely beaten percentage. The Royals started well but dropped a game the weekend gone, and sit 6th. No-one at the Gumbies has been giving the statskeepers too much to sing about, although StFly is placed equal 4th leaguewide for marks. For the Royals, Filthy leads the league in kicks, and is equal first in tackles. brahj has been delivered a startingly suspicious 10 free kicks for over two games. TFW is also rated 2nd in overall disposals, and has the highest current Dreamteam & Exie totals in the competition.

My tip: Stop scratching, if you break the skin it'll stick to your undies. Also, Gumbies to go 0-3, and possibly struggle all season, but collect big scalps that shape the eight along the way. (11th) Royals to be a surprise packet, finishing top two this season. (2nd)

Well, I hope I did okay. Let me know if I buggered anything up. PS: The footy image is of Marnoo FC (Vic)

CAPTAINS - POST YOUR TEAM SHEETS BY 11.59PM THURSDAY

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We heartily miss your positivity at Gold City Rodders. Hope to see you back soon.
I’ve taken my positivity to the Gumbies and positively ground them into the dirt in two rounds.
Although we are showing an elite talent at taking it to another level without even setting foot on the field.

I’ve taken my positivity to the Gumbies and positively ground them into the dirt in two rounds.
Although we are showing an elite talent at taking it to another level without even setting foot on the field.

The first question then is whose side are you on this week and the second question is what does it mean?

The first question then is whose side are you on this week and the second question is what does it mean?
You know how it works. Whoever’s side I’m on, well I’m not really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 28 Round 3: Gumbies FFC vs Gold City Royals at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back