Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 11 Gumbies FFC vs Coney Island Warriors at House Of Gumby (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
OOB
Gumbies FFC vs Coney Island Warriors at House Of Gumby

549494_fb0f69985eb422731b8515f7f88a40aa.png
VS
549489_be8f3e815cfc3fa6b9d7f5ad797fb566.png

This Sunday October 7th we celebrate the birthday of The Honorable Elijah Muhammad

Elijah Mohamed born October 7 1897 Elijah Robert Poole. Son of a Baptist preacher he was introduced to Islam in 1931 through the various Black Nationalist movements at the time.

Elijah Mohammad took control of the then Allah Temple of Islam and changed its name to the Nation of Islam. Formalising it’s status as a cult through racially charged speeches and divisive policies, Elijah Mohammad grew the organisation from 4 temples in 1946 to 50 temples across 22 states by 1959.

The Cony Island Warriors are the original SFA cult, formed from Bay 13 posters, and will soon become the literal definition for scraping the bottom of the barrel. A culture founded on dick jokes and toxic masculinity was always going to thrive in the land of sweet but thanks to Wooshette the brand is also synonymous with short tempered and alcoholism.

During the off season the Gumbies attempted to create there own cult and brought across some would be leaders. BRAB has all the makings of a cult figure.
565904_af4cb2973532b88e6ed6451ea191fe22.png
(por_please_ya brilliant work again.)

Delusional, a scant regard for the truth and a child like sense of morality. But can he help grow this organisation?

Tune in this Sunday for a battle of Biblical proportions.

:fire: Who's Hot :fire:

BRAB (Gumbies) - Has to be in Mobbs contention after a number of solid performances in midfield for a relatively successful outfit this season. Things have gone a bit quiet down at the House of Gumby so BRAB has a big expectation to help lift the side.

roo2macca (Gumbies) - R2M has been nothing short of a revelation since signing for the Gumbies and could be in line for All-SFA selection. His battle with Freofalcon - another All-SFA candidate - will undoubtedly be a highlight of this game.

Wooshette (Warriors) - #ironcurtains continues on with Woosh now the number 1 full back in the competition according to Loonerty's BAD (Best at Defending) metric. Will be up against a rookie full forward in Jivlain in an interesting clash of youth and experience.

:snowflake:Who's Not:snowflake:

Fryer Tuck (Gumbies) - He assumed the Gumbies captaincy and brought hope they might turn their fortunes around but has already become the first captain this season to **** up teamsheet submission. Cracks are beginning to show in the Gumbies' revival and FT needs to act fast.

Form Line
Gumbies FFC - WWWLW
Coney Island Warriors - WWLLW

Last Time They Played
Season 25 Round 16
Gumbies FFC 13.7 (85) lost to Coney Island Warriors 16.15 (111)

It was the definition of a dead rubber with both teams confirmed as 11th and 12th and was a similarly dull game. Frankston Rover was best on ground with 28 disposals and 10 tackles whilst StFly managed 5 of the Gumbies' 13 goals.

Last edited:

I’m thinking something a bit different this week. I generally don’t know (or really care if I am being honest) who is on my team week in, week out so this week I am really going to try to get to know my teammates as well as my opposition. In order to do that, I’d like to explore how people got their username but I would prefer it if the person with the username did not answer and let me or someone else answer for them.

Let’s start with Fryer Tuck . I was wondering whether there might be a pun in there somewhere or whether his name was more of a cunning stunt. Maybe he was offered a glass oven by Shame Tuck. Or maybe he just likes Robin Hood and can’t spell real good.

I’m thinking something a bit different this week. I generally don’t know (or really care if I am being honest) who is on my team week in, week out so this week I am really going to try to get to know my teammates as well as my opposition. In order to do that, I’d like to explore how people got their username but I would prefer it if the person with the username did not answer and let me or someone else answer for them.

Let’s start with Fryer Tuck . I was wondering whether there might be a pun in there somewhere or whether his name was more of a cunning stunt. Maybe he was offered a glass oven by Shame Tuck. Or maybe he just likes Robin Hood and can’t spell real good.

Actually, prior to joining the Sweet FA, I worked at a chippy! Hence, I'm a fryer, who also is a monk.

In fact, even to this day, I still do.

images

We offer the freshest fish and spuds, taking advantage of our North Eastern location. Closest to the the food bowl up north, and with a no shortage of quality fish on our shore line!

Sure, I don't fry as much these days due to my new responsibilities at the club, but you can catch me down on the shore, ready to fry it up.

Oh. That’s disappointing and exactly why I mentioned that people should let everyone else decide where their name came from. Thanks for ruining it for everyone fish and chip boy!

Ah... yeah... I completely missed that bit where you did specfically say that. I could delete it if you want.

If I recall correctly, I think I predate the Chippy.

I just thought the name was fitting.

Let's face it, my name is super boring in comparison to the fun you can have with others. Like SM, RU_ and BRAB , or MattWriting, or Morning_Fog .

That's far more interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

496897_d7fdd3c2f6bfbbb2e2e9aa6203414a15.png

Gumbies FFC Official Team Sheet
Round 11 vs Coney Island Warriors

B: Quivorir - Uncle_Leo - jd2010
HB: SM - Fryer Tuck- RU_
C: StFly - DERO - jmoo wan
HF: Great8WaLkEr_ThE_StAr - Morning_Fog
F: MattWriting - Jivlain - NSWCROW
R: roo2macca - BRAB - BLERN

INT: The Bandwagon - peterss

Changes:
peterss - BP to INT
Quivorir - HBF to BP
RU_ - W to HBF
jmoo wan - HFF to W
The City Boyz - INT to OUT
Great8 - OUT to HFF

(Changes can still occur... waiting for official sheet thread. Hurry up Cloud_ )

Is that last round's team sheet?

Ok. I think Frankston Rover might be up now.

I suspect he gets his name because he wears his lack of class like a badge, happy to let everyone know that he is from the shitbole that is Frankston or Franghanistan as anyone who has done a tour and has managed to get past Centrelink unscathed likes to call it. I mean, he could call himself Frankston South or Oliver’s Hill Rover but he has gone with Frankston for full effect.

I see a changes column, that includes a new player that I just signed up this morning (24 hours have passed)...

You can compare it, if you like.

Someone's a bit testy. And if I actually gave a s**t, I might think about compari...

Nah.

Ok. I think Frankston Rover might be up now.

I suspect he gets his name because he wears his lack of class like a badge, happy to let everyone know that he is from the shitbole that is Frankston or Franghanistan as anyone who has done a tour and has managed to get past Centrelink unscathed likes to call it. I mean, he could call himself Frankston South or Oliver’s Hill Rover but he has gone with Frankston for full effect.

I out dero DERO .

No wonder you're mad.

If we are talking about names, who knows why I’m called RU_?

Because you're ret@rded, unfortunately?

Well then. Pressure's on then.

Don't want to lose to the worst team in the competition then, yes? Should be a gimmie!

Glad you agree. I can't see you lot getting within 10 goals of us.

Someone's a bit testy. And if I actually gave a s**t, I might think about compari...

Nah.

I out dero DERO .

No wonder you're mad.

I thought you would be above pulling out a ‘*ed’ line, FR.

I thought wrong, and I’m not surprised considering you’re from Frankston!

Nah.

I out dero DERO .

No wonder you're mad.

Ooh, high expectations! 10 goal winners against a team that has been famous for nervous nailbiters.

kdavva74 , can we get some odds on that one? Warriors by 60 or more?

Ooh, high expectations! 10 goal winners against a team that has been famous for nervous nailbiters.

kdavva74 , can we get some odds on that one? Warriors by 60 or more?

Warriors by 60 or more @ $6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back