Official Match Thread S24 R6 - Coney Island Warriors vs Fighting Furies at Van Cortlandt Park

The Warriors Logo - Classic for all time?

• Sure is

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • They need to change it

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
k4ftb4.jpg
v
furieslogodu6.png

(Year, the same logo since inception. Why change a classic. Also, did you really think I was going to use the 2nd version of the logo for the Furies. We need to see that MS Paint artwork side!)

upload_2017-9-4_19-33-36.png

Code:
Last Five Matches

S20 R13 Coney Island Warriors 14.8 (92) lost to Fighting Furies 16.8 (104) at Van Cortlandt Park
S21 R04 Coney Island Warriors 12.10 (82) defeated Fighting Furies 5.2 (32) at Van Cortlandt Park
S21 R15 Fighting Furies 17.11 (113) lost to Coney Island Warriors 20.10 (130) at Punt Road
S22 R10 Coney Island Warriors 20.13 (133) defeated Fighting Furies 17.11 (113) at Van Cortlandt Park
S23 R01 Coney Island Warriors 12.8 (80) lost to Fighting Furies 26.14 (170) at Van Cortlandt Park

In the Know: The average winning margin in games between Coney Island Warriors and Fighting Furies is 37.67 points. Four games have been decided by 20 points or under but five have had a margin of 50 points or greater.

As can be seen here, someone’s always due a good thrashing, it’s just the way of these matches. But sometimes, these thrashing can be fun for everyone, as can be seen in this super shootout, with the then minor premiers in what was the match of the round.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ng-furies-at-van-cortlandt-park-motr.1098644/

Unfortunately, home ground advantage means relatively little in the Sweet FA, your H&A record even more, and best yet, when you’re nearly three goals up at 3 quarter time, only for your opponent to blast 9 goals 6 to your 2 goals to storm the barn in a big way. What a choke.

The worst part? It wasn’t ripped apart by one man, it was ripped apart by the whole team, in typical Furies manner (those Richmond fans are all like, like some sort of hive mind, and that match showed it off.)

14.22 lulz will be had if we win this

Yes mate, the lulz were had, but not by your mob.

To even things up, come Season 21, Round 4, the Warriors would go on a rampage, close to tripling the score of the Furies:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-v-fighting-furies-van-cortland-park.1123637/

Here we can see BigJoeD_ confesses that he is a fan of PINGAS.

Helen Wheels puts on her Chasity belt when a suave knight in shining armour is nearby.

Freofalcon admits he likes doodle, RodneyDangerfield points out that sausageroll misses utensil, and everybody takes the mickey out of DapperJong .

giphy.gif

Go find the material yourself in there. It’s all true!

But the point of the matter is, the Warriors have made the Furies look like fools, pretty much fitting the main AFL club of choice for the Furies players.

Helen Wheels’ knight in shining armour, Reginald Perrin being massive with 6 goals. Certainly showed Helen a thing or two (yes, she was the Back Pocket and not the FB, but don’t let that get in the way of a good story.) Good thing she wore her chastity belt that game. (Too far?)

The Furies are undefeated, and the Warriors have hit a snag, will the trend continue this week?

Now if you will excuse me, I’m going to wash myself after going through all that. You thought all this material was never going to surface again. You thought wrong, dudes (and dudettes).

Have at it!

Last edited:

well, moloko is cool . I bet you cant dance like the lead singer.

So, recently, I was listening to a FNM song. Easy, very different from the one you recommended months ago.
They play a huge range of styles and do it well. They pretty much do whatever they want.

But that's a remake, right? Surprisingly, I liked the song.

how's your new team, have they won a match yet?
Yes. They won the week I sat out to make sure rookies got a game.

Oh, and we won the week after too.

Only 3 games off top spot. Probably 4 games behind next week and 5 the week after that ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. They won the week I sat out to make sure rookies got a game.

Oh, and we won the week after too.

Only 3 games off top spot. Probably 4 games behind next week and 5 the week after that ;)

ok, slowly getting better. And, nice team work - making way for the rookies. Selfless act.

These flogs?

the worriers again....

I wonder if we will build up on our win last tiime..90 point thrashing..maybe lets say 120 points this time?
How many melts can we expect from you this thread ND? Oh this times with a Richmond finals game.

Delicious :D

Back