Official Match Thread Season 24, Round 2 – Baghdad Bombers vs Coney Island Warriors at Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

1. 380214_85651c9ba70f41b20953adb964e0dadb.png
  1. VS

1. 266520_fb04c3be81917f24446c7a1ea3bdb3a3.png

Firstly, there was something that I neglected to do in the Warriors v Swamprats match thread from last week – I got involved in other stuff, such as watching the debacle at Adelaide Oval, which ended up being about as embarrassing as listening to Sandy Roberts’ voice!!!! Retire already old man: your use by date expired about 20 years ago.

But I digress. I’ll now make up for my oversight here:

Hello, and welcome to SFA news – I’m philreich, and you’re not, so there!!! Later on, we will be speaking with I Dont Care, who says that, of all the things he’s lost, the one he misses most is his mind. And we will also be considering Le Grille’s new book, “My boring life.” He’s now working on a sequel, entitled, “Dare to be dull.”

But first, members of the Van Cortlandt Association of Pessimists are now safe and well. They set out yesterday morning on their annual hike – however somewhere along the line, they took a wrong turn and became lost. While they were waiting to be rescued, they sat in a group, and passed around photos of Frankston Rover to keep themselves miserable.

The Coney Island Public Transport Authority is about to increase the seating capacity on all of its buses, trains and trams by a massive 50%. This is to ensure that nobody has to sit next to RedVest4.

To sport, and to a seniors pole vaulting event in Helsinki, where ex world champion Sergei Bubka of Russia cleared a massive 6.2 metres at his second attempt. However he was then beaten into second place by the Coney Island Warriors club song, which cleared the entire stadium.

And finally the weather. Well it’s gonna be real Warrior supporter weather: THICK cloud, and NOT VERY BRIGHT sunshine.

Thank you :).

Anyway – we do have a very important qooty match to talk about. It’s a battle of 2 round 1 winners, so it has all the ingredients for being a beauty. One question is, will RedVest4’s hospitalisation for leather poisoning prevent him from lining up this week? 171 Exie points and 145 Dream Team points represents a phenomenal start to the season, and if he does take the field, I’m sure the Bombers will put every effort into quelling his influence – if they can, it could go at least some of the way towards securing the 4 points.

On the other side of the ledger, only HaroLad polled Exie and Dream Team points of any note. However the reigning premiers only conceded 34 points, so they clearly performed superbly as a unit.

Head to head:

Overall, it’s 7-3 in the Warriors’ favour, and they also lead 3-2 in encounters played at Abdu Prison. The 2 teams split their 2 games in season 23: the last meeting in round 12 was won comfortably by the Warriors – 16:9 (105) to 12:6 (78).

Decision time – who will win this one? My AFL tipping in 2017 has been ordinary to say the least: in fact I tried to pick my nose a few weeks ago, but missed, so I’m about as accurate as a John Butcher set shot (sigh!!!). With that in mind, you may as well take my prognostication on this one with a grain of salt. However they’re at home, and they’re on top of the ladder, so I’ll say the Bombers by 7 points.

Captains, please submit your teams by 11:59 pm AEST Thursday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't do this. I just can't...

Itsmyshow is one of my idols. A hero to me. I can't see him as "opposition", the "enemy"!

Good lord! We won a premiership together. Here's a pic of us together on grand final day...

View attachment 401262

Heard that was about as much clothing that was used that night.

Where the **** are they?

This isn't a media thread Warriors, you can post here.
Just so you know, there were times last week when we felt we were bantering against Humphrey B. Bear, Fat Cat, Marcel Marceaux, or all of the above - enjoy the week, Bombers :).

Just so you know, there were times last week when we felt we were bantering against Humphrey B. Bear, Fat Cat, Marcel Marceaux, or all of the above - enjoy the week, Bombers :).

Would tap.

The coco pops really have perked you up this morning, haven't they?
Textbook response against the Lad.

You're a Swamprat at heart, relying on old stereotypes.

It's always morning somewhere. That's why Haro eats coco pops all day

I don't care is the response he got when he told his first love that he was in love.

She also told him she wasn't in to him wearing her underwear anymore.

Some of these Bigfooty names are special.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back