Official Match Thread Season 23 Round 15: Mount Buller Demons v Coney Island Warriors at Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Mount Buller Demons (LLLLL) v Coney Island Warriors (WWWWW) at Snow Dome

326710_29b208e3fdf9612b9b3788a44122c2ef.GIF

329041_2d880d7d37b03ba41a676d5ddb4ede16.png

A team in free fall and winless since the departure of inspirational former captain RU_ versus a team riding high on a 5 game winning streak under the leadership of inspirational current captain Wooshette.
The fortunes of these two clubs could not be any more different in the early part of the season as the Demons were in form and looking a lock for finals action, whilst the Warriors were propping up the ladder and looking a lock for the spoon. Qooty though has a funny way of doing things and a few short weeks later the demons find themselves half a game outside the 8 and desperate for a win to right the course as their season spirals horribly out of control, whilst the Warriors are flying high and would be the second team you would lock in for finals action in season 23 setting up the tantalising prospect of the biggest Grand Final the Sweet FA has ever seen.

A Tale of 2 captains
Wooshette since taking over the Warriors captaincy has made a habit of rotating her players and finding what works in the sim, one of the most selfless captains in the Sweet FA her team first philosophy whilst admittedly taking a while to kick into gear has really hit its straps in the last 5 weeks
This is in stark contrast to the Demons who started with the captains favourites in prime positions and no one else getting a look in. Since the departure of captain RU_ and having not seen Van_Dyke for about 3 months now, is anyone really sure who is captain up there in Mount Buller? This may explain the team’s fortunes of late as a lack of leadership has left them rudderless.

Keys to Victory
Warriors:
Former Warriors captain Frankston Rover sitting 1st in total hitouts and 4th in the okeydoke medal, the third best ruckman in the league lifts the whole Warriors lineup when he plays well and with a lot riding on this one expect Frankie to lift and the Warriors team to ride high behind him
The Warriors haven’t lost a game since the second best piece of captaincy in the league for season 23 found RedVest4 moved into the guts and who can argue with stats like that, if ‘Vesty’ fires up the Warriors will continue their winning ways

Demons: Super rookie and super sophomore Fryer Tuck & Oddhawk sit 3rd and 4th for total possessions so far this season and whilst they have dominated the rest of the team haven’t responded.
RodneyDangerfield needs to find himself a kiss of death worthy performance in the middle this week as the Demons look to their experienced players to get them over the line, another down week could see the Demons down and out for good.

Expect the Warriors to end the Demons season here as the form lines are far too hard to ignore Warriors by 33 points

CAPTAINS PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR TEAMS BY 11:59PM AEST THURSDAY, OFFICIAL TEAM SHEET ETC ETC

Expect the Warriors to end the Demons season here as the form lines are far too hard to ignore Warriors by 33 points

What a stupid comment considering that the sim is totally random. Your rookies write better match threads.

Way to ruin the immersion

The immersion was ruined when you moved players to win a game of superqoach

Now get out of our team thread. Posted more than almost every other player so far, obsessed much?

Expect the Warriors to end the Demons season here as the form lines are far too hard to ignore Warriors by 33 points​
You know the sim is random, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a stupid comment considering that the sim is totally random. Your rookies write better match threads.
I need to read the whole thread before commenting. :oops:

Sterge has made more posts in this thread than his own.

Sad.

We're playing the bombers, can you blame me.
At least the warriors are fun, maybe Wooshette can give you some tips on how to not be a w***er

having not seen Van_Dyke for about 3 months now, is anyone really sure who is captain up there in Mount Buller?
I used to like you. I'm not sure I can go on anymore.

We're playing the bombers, can you blame me.
At least the warriors are fun, maybe Wooshette can give you some tips on how to not be a ******

Condolences on the bombers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back