Official Match Thread Season 23 Round 14: Coney Island Warriors vs Geelong Wolves at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 14

upload_2017-5-1_23-43-58.png
vs
upload_2017-5-1_23-44-6.png

A tense matchup ahead for two teams well and truly in the fight to clinch a finals berth.

Ladder Positions:
Coney Island Warriors: 7th
Geelong Wolves: 10th

Last round:
The Warriors picked up an impressive win over the Royals. Facing a 25 point defecit at three quarter time, the Warriors kicked 7 unanswered goals to storm home by 20 points. @craffles (or whatever he is called now) kicked 3 goals but it was Reginald Perrin who controlled the midfield, picking up 29 possessions and a goal.

The Wolves were also winners in Round 13, with a second half turnaround seeing the men from Geelong storm home with a commanding 23 point win. SM kicked three while pantskyle maintained his impressive form in Season 23 with a goal to go with 24 touches.

Last time they met...
Round 8:
Geelong Wolves : 15.6.96
Coney Island Warriors : 13.10.88

The Wolves took home the chocolates last time these two sides faced off. Phillyroo impressed with 4 goals for the Wolves and pantskyle was also in strong form. A strong team effort was not enough last time for the Warriors to get the win, this time around they may need a strong individual performance to drag them across the line.

Ones to watch:
The question on everyone's lips is whether or not Jazny will post this week. Did she deserve All-SFA? Does she even still play in the SFA? Who knows. Also, keep an eye on DapperJong as his administration has this week threatened to bomb precious Australian soil.

For the Wolves, well you can hardly take your eyes off Quivorir, however the appeal has decreased drastically since giving the armband to Willo_. Will they ever be friends again? Definitely a story worth tuning in for.

Prediction
Huge finals implications for both sides. I'm going risky.
Draw

CAPTAINS PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR TEAMS BY 11:59PM AEST THURSDAY

Ones to watch:
The question on everyone's lips is whether or not Jazny will post this week. Did she deserve All-SFA? Does she even still play in the SFA? Who knows.
I have left a deep emotional scar on this competition :eek:

I have left a deep emotional scar on this competition :eek:

I bet your name ends up becoming a verb or an adjective or some such...

Jazny: a sudden and stunning kick to the balls

"... and then out of nowhere I feel this incredible pain that won't go away and I eventually realise I've been jaznyd"

1976 called

They want their pick-up line back
Whoa pick up line? I was asking if you were a subscriber to the Australian Surfing Life magazine. Some one has tickets on themselves...

All good here

Got a bit of a streak going on at the mo'

Pretty happy 'bout that

Thanks for askin'

How's the family?

We had a great streak going till just last week till those devious demons ended it. We were staring down another defeat in a long line of non-victories to help us get to the off season faster. Damn you Buller, damn you and your incompetence. Sadly we are still a mathematical chance at finals.

You know how it is. You'd probably be pretty worried that we might screw over your streak just like we screw everything else up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had a great streak going till just last week till those devious demons ended it. We were staring down another defeat in a long line of non-victories to help us get to the off season faster. Damn you Buller, damn you and your incompetence. Sadly we are still a mathematical chance at finals.

You know how it is. You'd probably be pretty worried that we might screw over your streak just like we screw everything else up.

You'd think so but no

We have a secret formula to our success you see

Remove this Banner Ad

Back