Official Match Thread Season 23, Round 12 - Coney Island Warriors vs Baghdad Bombers at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hi

266520_fb04c3be81917f24446c7a1ea3bdb3a3.png

VS

LOGOOOOO_zpsbergqhsk.png

Sweet F.A News

The Warriors managed to cement back to back wins with a dominant team display dismantling the Roys last week who were playing some good Qooty. Standing in the way of three in a row, the Baghdad Bombers have travelled to Van Cortlandt Park attempting to arrest their own slide of 4 losses in a row and 2 points from their last five League outings.

Form Guide
Coney Island Warriors
WLLWW

Round 10: Coney Island Warriors 11.12 (78) defeated Dragons FFC 8.5 (53)
Round 11: Roys FFC 12.8 (80) lost to Coney Island Warriors 17.15 (117)

Baghdad Bombers
DLLLL

Round 10: Baghdad Bombers 8.8 (56) lost to West Coast Wonders 13.8 (86)
Round 11: Las Vegas Bears 13.8 (86) defeated Baghdad Bombers 11.13 (79)

Coney Island Warriors

A few short weeks ago, sitting alone on the bottom of the League table, you wouldn't be able to find a team in better spirits to combat their miserable Qooty position, and now, two wins in a row, moving up to second last, the Warriors find themselves with some tiny shred of hope to build into an impressive winning streak and somehow sneak into finals, for the commitment this #shackedupclub has shown, it would be a well deserved appearance.

Warriors Captain Wooshette just does what she always does, continues to lead from the front - averaging over 100 posts this season which is frankly an amazing effort and the top result at her Club.
The Coney outfit also continue to be one of the strongest teams in the League, obviously not on field this time round but with results not falling their way - to have 17 posters contributing over 10 posts is truly staggering, it's a wave of numbers effect over there with players like Packedlunch , Lord_Flashheart , and David Schwarz all of high quality, but known to drift in and out of match threads.

The win against the Dragons could be a major turning point in the season, and the Roys victory proves the Warriors can beat quality opponents, this Sweet F.A News reporter just feels craffles has to kick a big score by himself each week for it to happen consistently.

Player to Watch?

Reginald Perrin - Averaging over 82 Exie running through the midfield, RP has been a consistent performer for the Warriors this season, rarely missing the 70 mark in DreamTeam score. He backed that up again with another 22 touches but the Warriors will be hoping for an improved offensive impact and even a couple of goals on the home deck against Baghdad.

Baghdad Bombers
A Club never far from one story or another this Season, the new look Bombers have divisively split the opinion of the wider League. Up until Rounds 5-6 the Abdu Prisoners looked to be the frontrunner for first place with an unbeaten record. A stark drop in form, as expected from any young team, has seen them struggling to stay in the fight for Finals.

16 new rookies in one season is a feat never seen before in the Sweet F.A, and of those who stuck around, some fresh new faces are having a defining impact in helping steer the ship, The combo of TC16 and TL15 in particular, relieving some of the work off Captain HaroLad and VC KohPhi . burningdwarf continues to star for the Bombers, his unique style of posting attracting even more of an appreciative following since that historic 7th place in the EKA in Season 22.

Currently in the Eight, clear on points thanks to a draw with the Dragons earlier in the year, Baghdad will be looking to arrest the slide of dropping consecutive games, and hope some of their younger players show the raw talent on the field again that was vital in getting them ahead earlier in the year.

Player to Watch?

miggs - On paper, a brilliant addition to the Bombers engine room, the Baghdad team is winless since the mid-season trade with the Wolves saw the former Swamprat arrive in place of Wise Guy Sam. 79 DreamTeam points and 8 tackles is massive, but with only 15 disposals to go with the great defensive effort, it seems the Bombers gave up on gaining ascendancy with possession, and it may have cost them severely in the end of a thrillingly close game.

Who will win?

Warriors by 23.

Captains please have your team sheets in by the 11.59 Thursday deadline, Cheers.

Best match summary I've seen. Apart from the "tip". Warriors by 40, I reckon...

Nah! We turn it around this week, Bombers. A nice comfortable win would be nice, none of this nail biting finish rubbish... My old ticker can't take too much more of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah! We turn it around this week, Bombers. A nice comfortable win would be nice, none of this nail biting finish rubbish... My old ticker can't take too much more of it.
Considering that I forgot to do a pre-game meal last match, I'll double my efforts this week.

What's you win/loss thingy?

So it's been 5 minutes and no one has commented on it this time....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back