Official Match Thread S21 Second Semi Final - Coney Island Warriors vs East Side Hawks at Van Cortlandt Park

Who will win?

• Coney Island Warriors

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • East Side Hawks

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Double disqualification

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Semi-final weekend. There are no more second chances now – the winner goes forward to the Preliminary Final, and the loser can start planning for next season.

The Second Semi Final features the Coney Island Warriors hosting the East Side Hawks. The Warriors finished second on the ladder, with a 11/5 record, but their form coming into the finals was average, Losing to their Semifinal opponents the Hawks in round 14, defeating the Furies in round 15 before losing to the wooden-spooner Demons in the last round. They drew their first round of the Second QF against the Dragons, but were badly mauled in the replay, conceding 23 goals after quarter time to slump to a 98 point thrashing. The Hawks had been alternating between good and bad all season, but entered the finals riding three consecutive wins over the Warriors, Demons and Bears. They did enough to hold off the fast-finishing Furies in the Second EF, winning by 15 points.

Head to Head S21:
Round 3:East Side Hawks 15.13 (103) defeated Coney Island Warriors 10.10 (70)
Round 14: Coney Island Warriors 13.14 (92) lost to East Side Hawks 15.7 (97)

Key Matchups:
Wooshette v Tayl0r in the Ruck
Reginald Perrin v The Filth Wizard as opposing Full-forwards
toxic v Doctor Colossus at Ruck-rover​

Second Semi Final: Coney Island Warriors vs East Side

Hawks at Van Cortlandt Park

Coney Island Warriors.png

Regular Season Record: 11W/5L For: 1729 Ag: 1550 %:111.55 L6:LLWLWL (Finished Second)Captain: BigJoeD_
Last week: Lost Replay of Second Qualifying final to Dragons FFC 26.11:167 – 10.9:69​

Regular Season Record: 8W/8L For: 1563 Ag: 1571 %: 99.49 L6: WLLWWW (Finished Seventh) Captains: Doctor Colossus & Mr Eagle
Last Week: Won Second Elimination Final v Fighting Furies 15.9:99 – 13.6:84

__________________________________________________________________________________

Tip: Warriors to bounce back by 36 points

Winner advances to the First Preliminary Final to play the Geelong Wolves at The Lair. Loser is eliminated.

Captains to post teams by 11.59pm EST on Thursday 26/5/2016. Post MUST include the words “Official Team Sheet” and all changes, unsullied by spelling, punctuation and capitalization errors, or your opponent gets a 4 goal head start.

Nice work as always Ant :thumbsu:

View attachment 249980

Looks like we're playing 2 games again o_O
:D
...you spend two whole hours with the OPs on the screen. Checking spelling, playing around with the layout. Verifying facts and scores. And do you think I looked at the thread titles ONCE?:rolleyes:

:D
...you spend two whole hours with the OPs on the screen. Checking spelling, playing around with the layout. Verifying facts and scores. And do you think I looked at the thread titles ONCE?:rolleyes:
Gave me a grouse midnight laugh :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's our destiny to win this for the sake of the competition.

The underdog battlers, from the wrong side of the tracks triumph over the manufactured 'nWo-lite' and give back some credibility to a league that has suffered this season from poor administration and having two crap teams already in the Prelim Finals.

A Warrior win will add the spice back to the finals.

You know it makes sense.

I think it's our destiny to win this for the sake of the competition.

The underdog battlers, from the wrong side of the tracks triumph over the manufactured 'nWo-lite' and give back some credibility to a league that has suffered this season from poor administration and having two crap teams already in the Prelim Finals.

You know it makes sense.

Fair call, I've tipped you to win now.

You know it makes sense.

But a Hawks win would give us discussion options of...

- OMG is the admin rigging everything?!?!?!?!
- OMG mercenaries!!!!
- #lasttofirst
- doesn't Okey look like a chump for leaving?
- the benefits of correctly submitted lineups

From a media standpoint, we're all over this. Hawks by a billionty.

Fair call, I've tipped you to win now.

raining_david_tennant.gif

Such a game of extremes - my last game as captain, or my greatest victory?

Either way there will be celebrations :oops:

Nice melt.

No
We'll get it done, we've had our little rough patch and this week everything will come up BigJD

Back