Official Match Thread S21 Round 5: Mount Buller Demons vs Coney Island Warriors @ Snow Dome (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

1lttftfUkyeU0MPJ2UcUqgMzRdUyZrYb6Oo2wKMvEG9I9MKroBniVDIT0np8p6WA3SIeW33Hr8ygFZf-D3_xRsqC4I8YtfO2cMY1VWr8RNGwMJj1tKEyAchZ4n6Kupntucw_3nLb

FORMLINE: L5

Demons - LWLWL

Warriors - WLWLW

SUMMARY
Two teams sitting on 2-2 meet at the Snow Dome in the MOTR. The Demons will be looking to bounce back after a final quarter fadeout led to a 9 point at the hands of the East Side Hawks, while the Warriors will be full of confidence after annihilating the reigning premiers in a muddy affair at Van Cortlandt Park. Both teams have had a seesawing formline so far and would desperately want this win to create some separation on the pack.

PLAYERS TO WATCH
After an impressive debut season where he finished 3rd in the EKA which saw him elevated to the leadership group, the Demons will be looking for Van_Dyke to have a big game. Van_Dyke has been building into the season these past two weeks with 24 disposals last week, and 21 disposals and 2 goals the week before. The Demons will be hoping for him to step up again in a big game.

When it comes to the big games, you look to the big names and they don’t come much bigger than Frankston Rover down in Coney Island. The Hall of Fame Warrior is coming off a 2 touch 1 goal game from the forward pocket but averaged over 21 disposals the 3 weeks prior and will no doubt find a way to have a greater impact in this crucial clash.

KEY MATCHUP

okeydoke7 vs BigJoeD_ - In the Demons corner we have the veteran full-forward with a CV “too big to be added to my signature.” In the Warriors corner we have the S20 All-SFA fullback. okeydoke7 has had a good season to date coming equal 2nd in the goalkicking after 4 rounds, did you hear about that time he kicked 9 goals? However, the Warriors captain is an excellent defender and conceded only 1 goal last week. Whoever comes out on top in this battle will likely lead their team to victory.

TIP
Demons to sneak over the line by 3 points.

Captains, please have your teams submitted by 11:59pm Melbourne Time on Thursday 25th of February in a post that contains the words "Official Team Sheet." If you don't then you're a complete knobjockey.

Last edited:

'Key Matchup', pfft - a chronically overrated, ageing plodder vs the premier key defender in all of qooty (not to mention the whole tri-mammaries thing).

Packedlunch is going to have a field day :)

Always enjoy the trip to Mt Buller - all those toey snow bunnies parading around in front of you.

Normally have a pretty good time off the field too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Key Matchup', pfft - a chronically overrated, ageing plodder vs the premier key defender in all of qooty (not to mention the whole tri-mammaries thing).

Packedlunch is going to have a field day :)
1 kick between Mr_Smooth and I in last weeks domination of whatsisname.

That's a clear message to you shemons that we don't give a **** about the pill and will be riding you flog forwards hard at every chance! Zero goals is a very real possibility.

1 kick between Mr_Smooth and I in last weeks domination of whatsisname.

That's a clear message to you shemons that we don't give a **** about the pill and will be riding you flog forwards hard at every chance! Zero goals is a very real possibility.
1 kick, but zero hecks given

Not for me

I'm quite regular thanks to my fibre intake
Are you sure? I think you need it. That's not what your doctor said, he said you have trouble with that.

1lttftfUkyeU0MPJ2UcUqgMzRdUyZrYb6Oo2wKMvEG9I9MKroBniVDIT0np8p6WA3SIeW33Hr8ygFZf-D3_xRsqC4I8YtfO2cMY1VWr8RNGwMJj1tKEyAchZ4n6Kupntucw_3nLb

FORMLINE: L5

Demons - LWLWL

Warriors - WLWLW

SUMMARY
Two teams sitting on 2-2 meet at the Snow Dome in the MOTR. The Demons will be looking to bounce back after a final quarter fadeout led to a 9 point at the hands of the East Side Hawks, while the Warriors will be full of confidence after annihilating the reigning premiers in a muddy affair at Van Cortlandt Park. Both teams have had a seesawing formline so far and would desperately want this win to create some separation on the pack.

PLAYERS TO WATCH
After an impressive debut season where he finished 3rd in the EKA which saw him elevated to the leadership group, the Demons will be looking for @Van_Dyke to have a big game. Van_Dyke has been building into the season these past two weeks with 24 disposals last week, and 21 disposals and 2 goals the week before. The Demons will be hoping for him to step up again in a big game.

When it comes to Criminal Records you look to the Warriors and they don’t come with more convictions than @Frankston Rover down in Coney Island. The convicted petty thief and fare evader is coming off a 2 bong 1 slab game from the forward pocket but averaged over 21 bongs the 3 weeks prior and will no doubt find a way to have a greater impact in this crucial clash if he gets off the beer and back on the mix.

KEY MATCHUP

okeydoke7 vs BigJoeD_ - In the Demons corner we have the veteran full-forward with a CV “too big to be added to my signature.” In the Warriors corner we have the S20 All-SFA fullback and notorious armed robber. okeydoke7 has had a good season to date coming equal 2nd in the goalkicking after 4 rounds, did you hear about that time he kicked 9 goals? However, the Warriors captain is an excellent get away driver and conceded only 1 conviction in the last year. Whoever comes out on top in this battle will likely lead their team to victory.

TIP
Demons to FREAKING ROMP THIS IN!

Captains, please have your teams submitted by 11:59pm Melbourne Time on Thursday 25th of February in a post that contains the words "Official Team Sheet." If you don't then you're a complete knobjockey.
EFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back