Official Match Thread Season 20 Round 4 - Fighting Furies v Coney Island Warriors @ Punt Road

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 13, 2007
The Nation's Capital
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
FFC, CFC, 76ers, Oilers, Roys FFC
Round 4 – Season 4

There is no surprise as to why fitzroybulldog chose Round 4 – Season 4, as it was a glorious Sweet FA season. Season 4 was made up of teams both defunct and current, with sides such as the Titans, West Coast Magic, Razors, Junkyard Dogs, Fremantle Dockers and Blues Brothers participating along with Sweet FA behemoth like the Fighting Furies, West Coast/Seventh Wonders, Mt Buller Demons, Geelong Gumbies/Wolves, Baghdad/Bigfooty Bandits/Bombers, Alberton Swamprats and the mightiest of them all the Roys FFC. Overall there were 5 new additions to the league, with two sides Darkness Eternal and Hurricanes folding. There were 13 teams fighting it out for Sweet FA glory, a record high at the time.

EKA was the admin throughout season 4, watching over the league and overseeing the influx of around 142 debutants, season 4 sits only behind season 1 and 7 as the season with the highest influx. The league was growing.

It was an exciting season and a hard fought one. Stegelator from the Bombers won the Mobbs medal, with 20 votes, and Groove broke the ton with 108 goals to secure the Alf. Yippyio, the then Roys captain managed 102, but would have the last laugh as he led the greatest Sweet FA side, to their one and only premiership. The Roys finished the regular season in 5th and all expected them to do what the Roys usually do, and go close, but invariably not make it. Season 4 was different, they dominated come finals, and at the big dance knocked of the Bombers 85 to 65. Blondie162 walked away with the Deestroy, as well as the Cup. Season 4 was the year of the Gorilla.

Surprisingly not a single Roy made it into the All SFA team, and people thought DTBs snub was controversial.

Season 4 All-SFA

B: Lazer (WON) Mantis (BOM) Chez (WON)

HB: Musha13 (RAZ) FWOY (FUR) Bulldogs54 (TIT)

C: X BOX X (TIT) Stegelator (BOM) RFCTigerarmy (FUR)

HF: Somefella (DEM) Santos L Helper (SWA) Radar (RAZ)

F: CJ (WON) Groove (SWA) Rooster Demon (DEM)

Foll: NIC (TIT), Red Devil (TIT), Lethal (WON)

Int : Unwritten Law (GUM), Dougthelegend (BOM), BT (DEM), Rodan 18 (FUR)

It doesn’t matter though, the Roys don’t need things like that to know that we are better than the rest of you, and to further emphasize it is Fred , who notches up his 350th game, the first Sweet FA player to do so. Fred has seen it all, except a premiership. But that’s coming.

As for the Furies v Warriors, it really boils down to Wacky v El Dub, the 2 premier midfielders of the Sweet FA. Expect the Warriors to start making a charge out of the cellar, i can't imagine them staying down too long. Although my heart is with the Warriors, my head says Wacky never loses anything, so Furies by 13.

Looking forward to this one.

It's not often you get two soft teams in a row but the draw has been kind to us.

Hello worriers.

Look at that dick Frankston Rover with his top hat and cane ......... what he needs it to stand tall, ok then.

In a battle of wits it seems you've decided to fight unarmed.

I look forward to destroying and humiliating you.

It's not often you get two soft teams in a row but the draw has been kind to us..
The fixture has been kind to you. It's only given you 16 games whilst we'll have to play 19.

The fixture has been kind to you. It's only given you 16 games whilst we'll have to play 19.

Are they qualification games for next season?

I usually take my qooty opponents the same way I enjoy my martinis - but I guess this week I'll have to make an exception.

Shaken, not furred

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not often you get two soft teams in a row but the draw has been kind to us.

Ask the Wolves how soft we were, fella!!

To the same battle, you've come half armed.

I usually take my qooty opponents the same way I enjoy my martinis - but I guess this week I'll have to make an exception.

Shaken, not furred
Hello BigJoeBond.

Actually 5 to 7.

It's a shame what a career does to you. :(

i know consuming copious amounts of alcohol takes a lot of time and dedication and can negatively impact your health and social life. But calling it a "career" is bit of a stretch, unless your being paid for it, its at best a hobby and at worst and obsession Like scrap booking.

0.jpg

It was amusing three months ago at mickys wedding aunty beryl, But now its getting getting out of hand.
Put the scrap book down this is an intervention!

Meh.
I'd rather just shake my fist at you and drink more.

Get of my lawn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back