Official Match Thread S18; R13: Coney Island Warriors vs Gold City Royals at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

The battle of the new comers in what is shaping up in my mind to be MOTR. Screw the ladder positions give the people what they want and this game is it. A battle of the young guns in what is sure to be an epic contest right till the end.

The Warriors led by the old campaigner Frankston Rover have shocked everyone in the SFA including themselves and a win this week will see them lock away a finals berth. As for the Royals they still have plenty to fight for sitting a game outside of the 8 a win this week could really set their finals campaign alight.

The Warriors like to play around the ball racking up the touches between themselves, but this week they will have to be careful coming up against the fiercest tackling team in the competition in the Royals. Some may see this as the Royals not having the ball, but at least they are doing the 1%’s to get that pill back. Both teams are relatively even on the attacking and defence side and will be looking to power forwards Invinciblues (CIW) and Okeydoke (GCR) to kick a bag to will their teams over the line. The only trouble with that maybe is Okey is at heads with Royals leaders so he may be moved and they will be looking for a new avenue to goal.

150px-Canadian_basketball_player.png
150px-Canadian_basketball_player.png
Royals captain Son of God selecting a new FF.

A potential danger for the Royals maybe everybody’s favourite eaglesfan99 who has bobbed up and slotted 20 majors of his own this season and could loom as a real threat. While the Warriors will want to keep a close eye on Son of God and Marlowe who will be willing their team over the line to keep the finals hope alive.

As I have stated earlier this will be match of the round IMO and will be a seesawing encounter but I believe the Royals will sneak home by 8 points.

Usual Friday night (19/9/14) 11:59pm team deadline, but to help logger who is going away can we make an effort to have teams in by Wednesday at the latest (no penalties will apply to those who don't get their team in by Wednesday) Frankston Rover Marlowe Son of God

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this game with a guaranteed finals berth on the line.

I'm so excited, I'm naming the team now in the hope that Logger will appreciate my thoughtfulness and make sure we win by 14 goals. ;)

Make sure we all post - I'd love to get all 20 players posting in a Match Thread.

Coney Island Warriors Official Team Sheet

Vs

Gold City Royals

30uq0qw.jpg

B: oogac, candiehappy, Norm Landrover
HB: Sydney Bloods, Reginald Perrin , El Dubya
C: Lord_Flashheart, Mr Smooth, thetradesman
HF: Haduken, alex_is_on_fire, Frankston Rover
F: Stronzo, invinciBLUES, eaglesfan99
FOLL: BigJoeD, BoshtrichBurger, zackah
I/C: deathevocation, NetworkNerd

Changes:
Frankston Rover BP > HFF
Norm Landrover HFF > BP
invinciBlues FP > FF
Stronzo FF > FP
oogac Out > BP
Aussie Rocker BP > Out

I'm so excited, I'm naming the team now in the hope that Logger will appreciate my thoughtfulness and make sure we win by 14 goals. ;)

Changes:
Frankston Rover BP > HFF
Norm Landrover HFF > BP
invinciBlues FP > FF
Stronzo FF > FP
oogac Out > BP
Aussie Rocker BP > Out
You're trying to suck up to me? Try again...

#whateverittakes

Logger, I can always take the side down and name a completely different one late Friday night...

I can feel many, many changes coming on...

Been looking forward to this one - the choccies have a reputation as being witty til the bitter end.

Now start entertaining us or GTFO, eh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been looking forward to this one - the choccies have a reputation as being witty til the bitter end.

Now start entertaining us or GTFO, eh?

If I had the mannerisms of a Yalie, I would throw a witty rejoinder your way. But instead I choose to sing 'Fair Harvard' than play your little game.

Son of God eh? Gonna have to take his side to the cleaners (again).
It appears as though the only cleaning you're capable of doing is from the bench, cleaning your teammates bloodstains from the concrete as they head to the pine all battered and bruised.

It appears as though the only cleaning you're capable of doing is from the bench, cleaning your teammates bloodstains from the concrete as they head to the pine all battered and bruised.
You tend to talk a lot about violence in your posts.

Are you an emo?

You tend to talk a lot about violence in your posts.

Are you an emo?
Ask NathanMJ_WB54, he's our resident wrecking ball. Since your captain has shown little faith in deathevocation and his qooty abilities by deciding to play him off the bench, I though it befitting he be left with the monumental task of cleaning up the carnage from his rightful position.

Ask NathanMJ_WB54, he's our resident wrecking ball. Since your captain has shown little faith in deathevocation and his qooty abilities by deciding to play him off the bench, I though it befitting he be left with the monumental task of cleaning up the carnage from his rightful position.
Wrecking ball as in:

??

I'd pursue legal action, but my phone's been ringing for the last 3 weeks, with all manner of booty calls.

And only around 35% were from timtamWB. It's been a good run. Who needs Tinder?
Or what ever the kids call goths nowadays.

Am I too young to be saying nowadays?
I call them Emus. They're too annoyed at being belittled to take exception to the terminology.

You can resume your great battle with candiehappy. Oh wait, that's right.

You got the arse from full forward... :$:$

At the Royals: Former captain, current league admin and elite SFA poster Okeydoke7 gets the boot from full forward.

Meanwhile, at the Warriors:

B: oogac, candiehappy, Norm Landrover
HB: Sydney Bloods, Reginald Perrin , El Dubya
C: Lord_Flashheart, Mr Smooth, thetradesman
HF: Haduken, alex_is_on_fire, Frankston Rover
F: Stronzo, invinciBLUES, eaglesfan99
FOLL: BigJoeD, BoshtrichBurger, zackah
I/C: deathevocation, NetworkNerd​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back