Official Match Thread S18 Round 10 Split Week 2 - Coney Island Warriors vs Dragons FFC at Van Cortlandt Park (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

250px-ConeyIslandWarriors.png
screen-shot-2013-10-07-at-9-19-14-pm-png.32394

Under the Nanoscope Match Review

Last time they played:

Never played each other, this is the Warriors first ever match against the Dragons

Form Guide: Warriors

Coney Island Warriors* 9 7 2 - - 850 783 108.56 28 1W WWWLW

A surprise packet if previous debut teams are anything to go by, the Warriors have proved a handful for many teams this season. They have grown accustomed to being top of the ladder so the loss by the Gumbies will help them climb back up. Its a pretty simple equation for them: Beat the Dragons and move to the top of the ladder. Lose and remain where they are. Percentage would also be a boost if they could put the foot on the throat.

Form Guide: Dragons

Dragons FFC* 9 5 4 - - 873 854 102.22 20 1L LLWWL

Considered one of the "Big Four" by campaigners like ClarkeM and others, the Dragons have had a bit of an up and down season. They remain in the top 8 and look likely to be a middle of the pack contender at best. A late season charge could change this as with anything but the Warriors are anything but a walk in the park for teams. Form wise they wouldnt be backed by many people.

Who will win?

This game could very well be closer than forms suggest, giving it the rightful distinction of Match of the Round status. Both sides are relative unknowns to each other having never faced off previously. Home ground advantage goes to the Warriors, as does the usually ladder positioning etc. The Dragons also leak more through the defensive side of the game, whereas the attack of the Warriors is not quite as potent as the Dragons.

Dragons by 2

Nanoscope Betting Odds for this match:

Coney Island Warriors vs Dragons FFC at Van Cortlandt Park

$1.40 v $2.00

Anyway, I had a wonderful week off hanging about at the Coney Island carnival, made friends with a few carnys who made sure I had a great time, it was real nice hanging out with some of the Warriors players in their downtime.

Actually, Bengwatkins, we have played once. Pre-season exhibition, they did us by over a ton.

That's when I knew they might be good...

So in a game that didnt matter? Take the positive prediction and run with it.

oh-boy.gif

Big game, no MASSIVE game this one and one I've been looking forward to all season.

A win here and we go 4 points clear on top and to do it against my old side will make it even sweeter. I have a huge amount of respect for the Dragons and many of their players so it will be sad to humiliate them in front of our 425,000 spectators.

Let's go Warriors. A big week ahead!

Expect a dour match boncer34 et al. candiehappy has a collection of Full Forward heads on pikes, and it seems you're set to join them. I know this because in our club rooms there is an unmarked pike next to my locker which can only mean you're in the s**t.

that's not a pike. Lord_Flashheart was lying on the floor.

Big Red Machine you should try the new Warriors app for Android and iPhone. There's an option which lets you hone in on my GPS co-ordinates, because lets be honest here, you're gonna need all the extra assistance you can get if you're gonna have a chance at holding me to a small bag of 4 or 5 goals.

oh-boy.gif

Big game, no MASSIVE game this one and one I've been looking forward to all season.

A win here and we go 4 points clear on top and to do it against my old side will make it even sweeter. I have a huge amount of respect for the Dragons and many of their players so it will be sad to humiliate them in front of our 425,000 spectators.

Let's go Warriors. A big week ahead!
Child please.

You haven't been relevant since season 8

Child please.

You haven't been relevant since season 8

LOL, says the bloke who people only talked to when he was the Admin.

Now it's only ClarkeM sucking your balls while the rest of us laugh at you and pretend you've still got pull in this competition. It's the best joke going around.

But yeah - you're intimidating... :rolleyes:

LOL, says the bloke who people only talked to when he was the Admin.

Now it's only ClarkeM sucking your balls while the rest of us laugh at you and pretend you've still got pull in this competition. It's the best joke going around.

But yeah - you're intimidating... :rolleyes:
Why do you pretend I still have pull?

I've already stated multiple times I have as much power as the Snow White witch against the Dwarfs on a cliff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've already stated multiple times I have as much power as the Snow White witch against the Dwarfs on a cliff.

I don't pretend. I know you're a pussycat desperately trying to gain my attention and friendship.

You're OK but it's not going to happen. Stop sending me flowers too.

Are Disney metaphors your new schtick? 'Cause I was kinda hoping you'd draw some parallels between the Warriors break out season and the hit 1993 film Cool Runnings.

Are Disney metaphors your new schtick? 'Cause I was kinda hoping you'd draw some parallels between the Warriors break out season and the hit 1993 film Cool Runnings.
The one where they did their best but then ultimately fell short at the end because they weren't good enough? Oh yeah, that suits the Warriors perfectly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back