Official Match Thread S18 Round 9 - Coney Island Warriors vs West Coast Wonders at Van Cortlandt Park

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
61386_ddb87f66bb455365b48c8d1de28de587.gif

Qox Sports presents "Match Thread with Kermit Brereton and Eddie Mogwaire"

LAST TIME THEY PLAYED: N/A
MATCH PREVIEW: One match with two teams that have totally belied expectations for this season. The brand new Warriors are sitting second on the table by percentage after suffering their second loss last week; the S17 champion Wonders are a game clear of a wooden spoon position. Topsy, turvy. At that, we probably have the two most controversial teams of the current season battling each other as well. The Wonders have faced a lot of hardship in losing some very big names, none shorter than the recent ‘retirement’ of former captain PVF. The Warriors on the other hand will welcome to the fold a returning superstar in BoshtrichBurger. This is a match thread that could potentially be the best, or the worst of the season. Incumbent captains TheFreshBanana and croweater 41 will need to ensure the team steps up to the plate or we very well may just see a lot of Warriors talking to each other. It is expected that rookie 4321 may push himself into starting spot contention as well after a tricky recruitment.

IN FORM:
WARRIORS: Frankston Rover and zackah were very impressive in their close loss last week but Mr_Smooth is the MVP at the moment. invinciBlues is the goalscoring menace and BigJoeD was still solid despite lowering his colours last week.

WONDERS: ClarkeM and ShaunDuggan were irrepressible in their last win and are showing that their familiarity will influence results. They’ll also be happy with the team spread of goals, Marklar_33 and SuperSub17 among the multiple scorers last week.
PREDICTION: Despite alternating results last week, it would take something mammoth for the Wonders to knock off the Warriors at Coney Island this week and would certainly be a season turning match. Unfortunately, I can’t see this happening so much to Frankston Rover’s chagrin I am tipping the WARRIORS BY 36 POINTS.

Teams must be submitted by Friday 11.59pm.

Please tag Logger.

Last edited:
wonders, buddy old pal's, great match coming up.

for the few rum lovers still remaining at the old Colosseum, i've just discovered another award winner.

om_bot_cup.jpg

very rare to find a true dark rum with such strong spice.

PS: we are going to annihilate you.

Finally, someone decided to tag me in the OP of a match thread.

This will result in a definite Wonders win.

And no surprise BoshtrichBurger chooses this round to make a comeback.

Mate, if you want me to flog you all over the ring like Date-san, I'll happily oblige.

As we see out into the future, it's been a cold winter and the Colosseum is pouring with snow.

Before the game, a heated exchange of words were made between TheFreshBanana and Sydney Bloods, with SFA's greatest FP called "crazy" by his ex teammate.

For the next 3 hours, a battle ensued onto the snow filled Colosseum, with the siren sounding and TheFreshBanana twerking his booty in celebration, letting out winds of glory amidst the excitement.

Sydney Bloods, not only losing that day, but was in the unfortunate position to be behind TheFreshBanana, covered his eyes and face in anguish at the loss but also as a slow reaction to the power of gust that TheFreshBanana easily managed after just recovering from a bout of gastro.

1 week later...

Sydney Bloods has been a late exclusion from the team against the Dragons as he was not able to recover from Pink eye.
feels-like-im-wearing-nothing-at-all.jpg

poor delusional ned, the games in New York where it's currently summer.
snow fights in summer, that's crazy talk, your crazy marge...... i mean ned. Get off the road.
Visions are only 90% accurate.

Looks like we've found the 10%.

Well this week's a write off thanks to the Kiss of Death from The Filth Wizard.

But if there's one team we all love to beat, it's the Wonders - even if they are no longer a powerhouse and just a faded shadow of their former selves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

61386_ddb87f66bb455365b48c8d1de28de587.gif

Qox Sports presents "Match Thread with Kermit Brereton and Eddie Mogwaire"

LAST TIME THEY PLAYED: N/A
MATCH PREVIEW: One match with two teams that have totally belied expectations for this season. The brand new Warriors are sitting second on the table by percentage after suffering their second loss last week; the S17 champion Wonders are a game clear of a wooden spoon position. Topsy, turvy. At that, we probably have the two most controversial teams of the current season battling each other as well. The Wonders have faced a lot of hardship in losing some very big names, none shorter than the recent ‘retirement’ of former captain PVF. The Warriors on the other hand will welcome to the fold a returning superstar in BoshtrichBurger. This is a match thread that could potentially be the best, or the worst of the season. Incumbent captains TheFreshBanana and croweater 41 will need to ensure the team steps up to the plate or we very well may just see a lot of Warriors talking to each other. It is expected that rookie 4321 may push himself into starting spot contention as well after a tricky recruitment.

IN FORM:
WARRIORS: Frankston Rover and zackah were very impressive in their close loss last week but MR Smooth is the MVP at the moment. invinciBlues is the goalscoring menace and BigJoeD was still solid despite lowering his colours last week.

WONDERS: ClarkeM and ShaunDuggan were irrepressible in their last win and are showing that their familiarity will influence results. They’ll also be happy with the team spread of goals, Marklar_33 and SuperSub17 among the multiple scorers last week.
PREDICTION: Despite alternating results last week, it would take something mammoth for the Wonders to knock off the Warriors at Coney Island this week and would certainly be a season turning match. Unfortunately, I can’t see this happening so much to Frankston Rover’s chagrin I am tipping the WARRIORS BY 36 POINTS.

Teams must be submitted by Friday 11.59pm.

Please tag Logger.
i don't know who MR is, but i'm sure he's sick of being tagged as me incorrectly..

They come from the land of Wonder Blunder
A gift for the Warriors to plunder
Can you hear can you hear the thunder
See them run, see them take cover... :drunk:

Last edited:
They come from the land of Wonder
A gift for the Warriors to plunder
Can you hear can you hear the thunder
See them run, see them take cover... :drunk:
Well that was a big twist at the end,
The Warriors were all just pretend,
They were initially ready to plunder,
But ran off to wonder their blunder,
Because the one to make them wonder their blunder,
Was the Wonder, TheFreshBanana.

i don't know who MR is, but i'm sure he's sick of being tagged as me incorrectly..

Amended. Copy paste from Word so sometimes they get missed (not that you had to be a jerk about it :cry:).

gee's if your gunna do it do it right.

Celebrating a flag with case in Kombi
outside Colosseum not far from pompeii
got a strange PM, it made me nervous
said we need a vice captain we'll give you breakfast
And it read:

"you come from a land of wonder
but it's time to go, it's time to plunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear that's not thunder
the ship is sinking, you better take cover."

flew in with frankston rover in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscle
I said, "Do you think we can do this?"
He just smiled, and tucked into a sandwich
And he said:

"it's time to leave the land of wonder
next year the beer won't flow and team will chunder

Recruiting new blood on our first day
doubters making noise, but not much to say
I said to them, "Are you trying to test me?
Because I come from the land of plenty."
And they said:

"Oh! Do you come from the land of wonder
Where futures gone and posters blunder.

tl:dr

I prefer, short and sweet, and to the point.

We are the champions, my friends,
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
We are the champions.
We are the champions.
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world.

tl:dr

I prefer, short and sweet, and to the point.

We are the champions, my friends,
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
We are the champions.
We are the champions.
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world.

I know i was there, even got the badge.

Back