Official Match Thread S18 R5 Alberton Swamprats vs Coney Island Warriors at Alberton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

of13iw.jpg
Vs.
30uq0qw.jpg

Swamprats Form Line: WLWL

Warriors Form Line: WWWL

Last Time: First Official Game

A big game this one with The Swamprats hosting the Coney Island Warriors. A win for the Warriors will see them stay in the top 4 but a loss will see them fall back into the chasing pack, which includes the Swampies. This should mean both sides will be desperate and hard at it, which is what we want to see.

The Swamprats so far have been inconsistent but they have not lost a game at home so far this season. Power Raid is leading the way with disposals with good support from Ant Bear and I_Don’t_Care and with MannumPower up front The Swamprats are certainly capable of getting hold of the ball and converting. Even Noobz0r in the ruck is giving the Alberton boys first option, so on their day they are dangerous.

For the Warriors, it was the perfect start to the season. Three wins in a row but last week they got a huge reality check when the Roys jumped them in the first quarter and never let them back in the game. BigJoeD has dominated the ruck since his move there a few rounds back. And Lord_Flashheart, Mr_Smooth and thetradesman have done well through the middle but The Warriors will need to be on their toes for this one.

An interesting fact: The Warriors have not one player in the top 10 for tackles while the Swamprats have two – MoOP and Spookism.

Warriors Hat Off Here: Tipping a winner is tough but you can’t argue with home form. The Swamprats love Alberton and are very tough to beat at home. I’m tipping them to win by 14 points in a high class affair.

Good luck to both sides and make sure your captains name an ‘Official Team Sheet’ and tag Logger before 23:59 this Friday.

Hello Warriors,
MoOP here for those of you slow to understand - wait, that's your whole team, I'll type slowly then, firstly, welcome to Alberton, a place where you can die happy because we're very good hosts, and will make sure all your needs, and some you didn't know you needed such as 30 mins with Shazza, are met. Thought I'd better put a full stop in as I'm sure that sentence has lost a few of you. Secondly, Warriors by 45 points [B]Frankston Rover[/B] ? You disappoint boy, but, perhaps you were merely giving more credence to the Warriors so that it really hurts when the 'Rats walk away with the points. If so, I like your style, if not I shall remember to put a box of tissues in the visitors changer ooms - all used tissues in the bin thanks.

Love and kisses,
MoOP

we got a bit complacent after three early wins.
Already coming up with an excuse ey? :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Already coming up with an excuse ey? :thumbsu:

I was looking for excuses at the end of the first quarter .......

30 minutes with Shazza? I hope that she's a good conversationalist, otherwise that 27 minutes wasted.

PS is there a map of how to find this ground, it seems to be a little off the highway...

PS is there a map of how to find this ground, it seems to be a little off the highway...

The ground or Adelaide?

I've already driven thru the CBD twice and not realised it...

I was looking for excuses at the end of the first quarter .......

30 minutes with Shazza? I hope that she's a good conversationalist, otherwise that 27 minutes wasted.

From Port Rd, chuck a left on Brougham place (excellent fish 'n chip shop on the corner) and you can't miss it.
We'll be out the front waiting...
attachment.php

Just finished a game against the Roys who were suggesting that we were rather uncouth for qooty.

I have a feeling that this round we may not be uncouth enough, although I suspect that Lord_Flashheart may redress the balance ...

Just finished a game against the Roys who were suggesting that we were rather uncouth for qooty.

I have a feeling that this round we may not be uncouth enough, although I suspect that Lord_Flashheart may redress the balance ...

I'm already fitting in. I'm wearing the same jocks I had on yesterday.

According to my tour guide, I've only got 4 more days to go!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol Swamprats.... that's hilarious.
At least you're not jellyfish though :rainbow:

Should we call pest control before moving into our hotel rooms?

Welcome to Alberton warriors, I hope, outside of the swampies continuing our unbeaten streak at home, you enjoy your stay.

Since you're new to the league I'd like to offer an invitation for one lucky warrior to stay at my place, I have bunk beds! I have a slot car track, a PlayStation and my mum makes great lasagne so you'll certainly enjoy your time here. We can stay up all night gossiping and braiding each others hair.

I hear Frankston Rover has night terrors so unfortunately the offer won't be extended to you buddy.

Welcome to Alberton warriors, I hope, outside of the swampies continuing our unbeaten streak at home, you enjoy your stay.

Since you're new to the league I'd like to offer an invitation for one lucky warrior to stay at my place, I have bunk beds! I have a slot car track, a PlayStation and my mum makes great lasagne so you'll certainly enjoy your time here. We can stay up all night gossiping and braiding each others hair.

I hear Frankston Rover has night terrors so unfortunately the offer won't be extended to you buddy.

Routed track or magnetic?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back