Official Match Thread S18 R04 Coney Island Warriors vs Roys FFC at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 13, 2007
The Nation's Capital
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
FFC, CFC, 76ers, Oilers, Roys FFC
Coney Island Warriors vs Roys FFC at Van Cortlandt Park
Current Form: Warriors 3W 0L - Roys 1W 2L
Last Time: there was no last time

3 games in an the Warriors are flying, a perfect start to their inaugural campaign seeing them share top spot with the Demons. All is looking rosy at Van Cortlandt Park. The same can’t be said for their opposition, the ol’timey Roys, who have only notched one win, but have been almost but not quite in their other two encounters. Rocked on the eve of their last game by another big name retirement, Freakie, The Roys will be looking to bounce back against the S18 debutant, who are proving to be a formidable qooty team.

60 seconds with the Captains

Frankston Rover
What's Gone Right? Everything. Sitting 3-0 with wins over the Bears, Furies and Royals and with some great improvement shown by rookies like BigJoeD, Stronzo, Lord_Flashheart and candiehappy.

What's Gone Wrong? Not a lot. Probably lacking a bit of experience in the Match Threads but we are improving.

What Needs To Change? Maybe some sort of tropical disease down at The Roys? Other than that nothing. Another win this week would be lovely.

Reardo
What's gone right? The signing of Chezzalenko Reborn and Flat Chat has breathed new life into the club. Chez has always been a favourite of the Roys due to his Lions allegiance, we have made overtures to his management in seasons past but the timing was never quite right. We took a punt on Flat Chat when he posted in the sign up thread and all the indications so far have been that we've uncovered a gem, he's settled in nicely.
On field we've been solid if not spectacular. We've been in a position to win all three but have lacked that touch of class to take our opportunities when they present themselves. It will take us a few weeks to settle and work out who plays their best footy where, Fred to full forward is a positive move, his experience will be a massive bonus for our forward line.

What's gone wrong? Not a whole lot to be honest. Our posting numbers aren't where they were last season but we are still averaging 12-15 posters per game which I'm happy with. We were unsettled last season, the posting avalanche that our match threads became didn't sit well with some of the more experienced Roys. This season we've managed to wind it back and focus on quality rather than quantity, this has resulted in a more relaxed atmosphere around the club.
Our scoring potency during games is still of concern, we aren't converting our inside 50's as much as we'd like. Our backline and midfield have been solid but we need to be more dangerous up front, this is where we will be focusing our attention over the coming weeks.

What needs to change? We'd love to get a bit more out of our second tier posters but I guess all clubs would be saying that. Guys like Mooch, fitzroybulldog, Volta and 3KZ have rolled their sleeves up and are getting through a mountain of work and are laying a solid platform, if we can just find a bit more support for them then I'm no doubt the rest will fall into place.
As I alluded to earlier we need our forward line to lift, we need to be putting scoreboard pressure on our opponents. Fred will make a difference but we also will be looking to our midfield to push forward and be viable options as well. Chez has been great at CHF as that target that hits the packs hard, I'm tipping more of the same from him this week.

Who to Watch:
Frankston Rover –
A lot has been said about the Warriors recruits, but the leadership showed by their veteran has been immense, he is leading by example in every facet of the game, and is willing to bend over backwards for his team

VoltaThe second year recruit is taking big strides on the qooty fields, being the most consistent of the midfielders. A man of few words, he is letting his qooty balling do the talking.

Prediction (obviously biased):
After swirling the dregs of my tea around and around in the base of my teacup, I glanced for the briefest of moments a Gorilla, strong and large, with two massive hands choking the life out of a flailing soldier. This can mean only one thing - The Roys to bring the Warriors back to earth. Roys by 23.

I changed from Firefox back to Chrome because I hate me, and dont know my Bigfooty login there with Chrome so I gave up checking because its too much work.

Anyway, I just ran Firefox for now and thought I'd drop by to offer my opinions on the upcoming match.

It's been a disappointing season for Dropships so far with only wins against lowly beastfu and perennial justhappytobehere Starfire Elite, and one quite invigorating upset v Llamasery in sensational circumstances where keynote players Plutorus and Mighty Sven did not play the match and the bot played only half.

Discombobulate's season has not gone much better, but they wield a big stick whenever they meet Dropships in practice and that mental advantage, coupled with appearing a little earlier in the dictionary, would see Disco pegged as favourites in the Semi-Final this Monday morning.

The match is clearly winnable for us but you can only fly through space as well as your opponent lets you, and nobody will be wanting to give up easy deaths. The early stages are likely to be very, very careful indeed from both teams.

Dropships have always enjoyed big turnouts for their games and this one should prove to be no exception. While a best-of-three encounter, Game #1 will undoubtedly set the scene for who proceeds to meet EGO (or Starfire Elite) in the final.

discosucks1.jpeg

In other news, go 'rillas!

I think it's wonderful that traditions like this continue, where the young and vibrant still visit and pay homage to the old, frail and incontinent.

Right before we kick their zimmer frames out from under them and take another four points.

Good luck Roys...

nra-tone-deaf1.jpg

I SAID GOOD LUCK ROYS.

it's near the resort town Klitaeris. Never been able to find that one either.
I went looking for Klitaeris one day and then realized I didn't care.

I went looking for Klitaeris one day and then realized I didn't care.

Apparently it's a campaigner of a joint anyway...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spewin I can't own you all as I am going on a holiday, but that's not till Wednesday so bring it!

Go warriors!

Ahhh... the smug arrogance of youth.

Looking forward to teaching you boys a lesson that your mother should've taught you years ago.

Go Roys!
you get her in the right spot - she'll keep you forever

in saying that - it's a myth :thumbsu:

Morning! How's things?
everydays a great day on coney island

in saying that, i'm becoming less and less of a fan of melbournes winters. heck it's cold out there!

Reardo in New York City trying to find his hotel...
crocodile-dundee_im1.jpg

And getting to know the locals...
crocodile-dundee-knife.jpg

56900.gif

Meanwhile, Mobbenfuhrer is worried about the game...
ecxo.jpg

everydays a great day on coney island

in saying that, i'm becoming less and less of a fan of melbournes winters. **** it's cold out there!
These bones miss the cold. Miss the breeze trough my thinning hair. Being able to sit by a fire, or double doonaing at night. No winters here. Just humid rain or humid sunshine. No respite. It weara you down.

These bones miss the cold. Miss the breeze trough my thinning hair. Being able to sit by a fire, or double doonaing at night. No winters here. Just humid rain or humid sunshine. No respite. It weara you down.
are you out there catching a 10' barrel ?

95754df9b5958c18ea2d3a757e4acaa4.jpg

Why would you choose to live in Indonesia? Cheap ciggies and bootlegged liquor are great and all, but dont you miss things like indoor plumbing and is it true you have to pay the local kids to run around in thunderstorms with kites that have keys attached to the strings so that you can get electricity?

are you out there catching a 10' barrel ?
I have no idea if that sexual innuendo or a surfing term. But whatever it is, no, no I'm not.

Why would you choose to live in Indonesia? Cheap ciggies and bootlegged liquor are great and all, but dont you miss things like indoor plumbing and is it true you have to pay the local kids to run around in thunderstorms with kites that have keys attached to the strings so that you can get electricity?
I did that once cause some prick told me. All I had to do was switch on the mains breaker and we had glorious power. I love indo, 250 million souls who love the Roys, I'm like a god here. Well a cool uncle.
Plus I don't smoke and the cheap alcohol is worse than terrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back